News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In general, or beyond the 35% room rate discount? I would hope they would be willing to be accommodating, but if they aren’t and my family is dissatisfied, there are other places to spend my money. Simple as that.
In general. If you modify by changing dates you will pay the difference of whatever rate you had to full price, at least for now. Reason being is that Disney wants people to cancel. With capacity restrictions due to the pandemic, the fewer guests that have to be accommodated the better. Logistics are currently complicated and there is less incentive to keep guests happy by carrying forward the pre-booked discount. (Actually, discount restrictions have always worked this way ~ modifications can result in higher cost.)

But if you intend to keep your current August dates and your resort is closed, Disney will move you at no additional charge.

Discounts will likely resume once the dust settles from reopening, but may not be until fall or even next year. If you plan to cancel your August trip, you may as well do it now and get your deposit back, and rebook when discounts are offered again.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I mean I attempted to re-schedule earlier and they told me they would be reaching out when we were eligible to make changes. I might try next weekend to be proactive since you said they did not reach out to you.
But my check in date was June 20, before ANY resorts were open. I don’t think you will get assistance yet for a mid-August check in. As I said in my previous post, they are currently working on late June/early July bookings.

mpostak

Our check in is July 25th and have not heard and to be honest I don't expect to hear anything until maybe 2 weeks before the trip Right now their whole focus is on that intial week of the parks being open, which I get.

Adz_h

Park reservations potentially extended into 2021 so I'm hearing, along with UK 7/14/21day tickets being pulled from late summer next year. Who knows how true is it....

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney has issued a statement urging guests to ensure that all of their tickets and reservations are properly linked to their My Disney Experience account. It will be imperative that tickets and reservations in your My Disney Experience account is correctly linked to ensure access to the all-new theme park reservation system."

"As we plan for the reopening of our Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, it will be important for guests to link their upcoming resort reservation and/or ticket to My Disney Experience as soon as possible. This will enable them to receive important communications and information about next steps and key planning dates, including the recently announced Theme Park reservation system."

hokielutz

I wouldn't expect that the expiration date updates until the parks are reopen and the official closed period is "final."
Well this is an issue for those of us whose AP's expired during the shutdown (specifically in June). If it shows as expired... how are AP holders supposed to make reservations when it is open again???

TTA94

Has anyone heard if CMs will be blocked out? Let’s say your a AP and your friend is a CM who’s on your MDE group list. Will you be able to get a reservation together?

PREMiERdrum

Has anyone heard if CMs will be blocked out? Let’s say your a AP and your friend is a CM who’s on your MDE group list. Will you be able to get a reservation together?

Our Business Development Manager - a Disney employee who oversees sales and marketing for multiple travel agencies - said there would be absolutely no CM passes to the parks "at least for the remainder of 2020."

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
So I know that the DVC resorts and Fort Wilderness Campground are opening next Monday. Does anyone know what time they open?

Jimdalva

Jimdalva said:
I just got the e-mail from Disney which said to call. So I called. My 3 nite Boardwalk Inn July 6 thru 9 was changed to Boardwalk Villas , July 17 thru 20. Then they gave me the new total, my confirmed rate of $1163. went UP to $1656. After much polite conversation , they said SORRY nothing they can do. I didn't make the change, and I did not cancel. Im hoping public outcry will get them to change that policy . I won't hold my breath, nor will I cancel till the last minute.

UPDATE; I called again and settled on Old Key West studio for Sept. 14 thru 17, for an additional $112.

_caleb

What’s the latest on the social distancing floor markings for queues/waiting areas? I know Disney went with the “don’t stand here” markings and Universal with the “stand here” approach. Have we seen any examples of how Disney is installing those in a WDW park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom