News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

zann285

The interface for making a park reservation has had quite an overhaul. Before, when we made a reservation while having an annual pass and a resort reservation it would default to pulling from the resort “bucket”. This wasn’t usually a problem, but on our last trip DHS was completely out for our entire trip for the resort bucket, but still available for the AP bucket. To use the AP bucket I had to call in and their IT had to explicitly give us park passes from the AP bucket.

Now, when you have an AP and resort reservations, you first choose whether you’re making a park reservation as just an AP holder, or one associated with a resort stay. Then, if you choose resort stay, you have to choose which resort stay it will be linked to. This all makes it much more obvious how these are linked, alleviating some of the edge cases where people were changing hotel reservations and losing park reservations, but then does add complexity to the already complex planning process.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Random issue - our current pass expires on 9/25, which we renewed to a higher tier a few weeks ago. With the new reservation system today, it now only shows available days to make reservations up to 9/25. Days 9/26 and beyond are simply greyed out, even though the app shows a valid pass starting 9/25.

October?

View attachment 585533
Other people are reporting the same issue, you are not alone.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Other people are repotting the same issue, you are not alone.
Same issue for me. I renewed over a month ago.
970E0077-BBEF-48B0-A110-B37830B5DEE1.png

CntrlFlPete

we are passholders again (for the first time in 9 years). Disney is already influencing my choices w/ these park reservations. I assume these 'bonus reservations' are ways to drive people to under reserved parks or something?

There is one Saturday, we were not planning on going Saturday then figured we should check out a park -- then I saw the bonus was only if you picked MK or Studios.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Random issue - our current pass expires on 9/25, which we renewed to a higher tier a few weeks ago. With the new reservation system today, it now only shows available days to make reservations up to 9/25. Days 9/26 and beyond are simply greyed out, even though the app shows a valid pass starting 9/25.

October?

View attachment 585533

Same issue for me. I renewed over a month ago.
View attachment 585546

I've made a thread for anyone with this issue so we can track it separately from this thread.

grapejellybean

we are passholders again (for the first time in 9 years). Disney is already influencing my choices w/ these park reservations. I assume these 'bonus reservations' are ways to drive people to under reserved parks or something?

There is one Saturday, we were not planning on going Saturday then figured we should check out a park -- then I saw the bonus was only if you picked MK or Studios.
I'm with you and wondering what this magical "bonus reservation" is. On the 14th it is for Epcot only. I assume it will be updated as dates draw nearer that have parks not near ideal numbers.

mightynine

Soooo if I’m a pass holder and I’m on a resort stay with someone who has just regular park tickets, can I no longer just make one party of two people for a reservation? Do I need to make a reservation for each person?

We can complain about prices all we want, but this much complexity just to say I want to go to MK on a Tuesday in December is what will turn people off, IMO.

Chip Chipperson

Soooo if I’m a pass holder and I’m on a resort stay with someone who has just regular park tickets, can I no longer just make one party of two people for a reservation? Do I need to make a reservation for each person?

We can complain about prices all we want, but this much complexity just to say I want to go to MK on a Tuesday in December is what will turn people off, IMO.

If both people are on the resort reservation then you can reserve a Park Pass for both people using the Resort bucket.

techgeek

I just think it’s funny that when my pass was active, it was completely hit or miss if I’d get a timely email (or one at all!) about pass holder events or opportunities… but oh hey D wants me back in and I get two emails within an hour of passes going live.

mightynine

If both people are on the resort reservation then you can reserve a Park Pass for both people using the Resort bucket.
Odd, I didn’t see them - but now that I think about it, we just have the reservation, she doesn’t have her park ticket yet, just a 1-day complimentary ticket. Guessing once the actual multi-day ticket is purchased, it should come up under the reservation?

Aurora_25

We bought the passes online but were unable to add the photo pass to just one of the passes rather than putting them on all of them. Does anyone possibly know if we can add it on when we get to a guest service area?

Rickcat96

If buying more than one AP-try to do 2 transactions- 1st one with photo pass add on, then purchase. After its done, do the remaining passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom