News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

flutas

I guess another question that will be answered soon, will Disney actually do anything for guests who stopped by Guest Relations and had them "note" on their account that they wanted APs.

My guess is no, or a very minimal credit amount.

matt9112

Forgive me if its been touched on but the fact the payment plan passes cost more is new right? I seem to always remember there was 0 intrest before? But now monthly payment passes have a premium?

matt9112

I have to say that a lot of people are over reacting to all of this
When I got my first AP,
--There was no Memory Maker. That is only the last few years. We look at the ride pictures and do maybe one photographer per trip so it is a complete nothing burger to us. But 99 bucks for the who year or a hundred plus per trip, if we want it we will add it on.
--Before buying DVC, there was no choice but premier or premier plus for a Texas resident. So nothing has changed there, either Incredipass or Incredipass with Water Park add on.
Now that I have DVC, the Sorcerer Pass is where I will land, like my Gold Pass before. There never was a discount for DVC for this, Yes it has gone up 200 bucks, but what at Disney or outside of Disney has not gone up this year. Universal is not 625 for their top 2 park pass.
And after this year, there is a discount for renewing my Sorcerer pass. Right now it is 719.

Many like to complain about the "nickel and diming' and I say yeah. I prefer an unbundled price so I can get the benefits I want. I do not want Water Parks, I do not want Photo Pass, and I most certainly do not want Genie+ included. I will use it when I feel I need it and then I want the least people using it as possible. Do not charge me for these benefits, let me pay the minimum ... admission to the parks and a few discounts I might use. Just like the cable bill, I do not want packages and price breaks. Give me just what I need.

I dont think your the demo complaining lol your exactly wihat bobby c wants! Somebody who sees uncompromising value in the parks period forever and ever!

Its also prudent to point out universal has no block outs on its second to top tier....realistically this is the pass you should be comparing. The top tier pass adds a free HHN ticket and free valet as well as free express after 4. All three things disney dosen't offer some equivalent to. The only other big difference is the early park admission calendar. Another perk disney has no equivalent to.

So to me it looks like 399 preferred vs 399 pixie....i mean its not even a fair fight.

Those complaining most are probably old silver passes. Since pirate is the logical analogy but went from no summer and holiday to no holiday and less random weekends...but hey weekdays in the summer....yay. because work doesn't exsist.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Random issue - our current pass expires on 9/25, which we renewed to a higher tier a few weeks ago. With the new reservation system today, it now only shows available days to make reservations up to 9/25. Days 9/26 and beyond are simply greyed out, even though the app shows a valid pass starting 9/25.

October?

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.31.51 AM.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Random issue - our current pass expires on 9/25, which we renewed to a higher tier a few weeks ago. With the new reservation system today, it now only shows available days to make reservations up to 9/25. Days 9/26-30 are simply greyed out.

October?

View attachment 585533
Disney IT at its finest.

You would figure that the worlds largest multimedia conglomerate could do better than the geek squad and that guy from Office Space.

ToTBellHop

…another option is to wait a day…maybe 2?…and not feed the beast?
I don’t work until 11 am today, so this is actually easier for me. There is always a wait to call and on days when I am teaching at 8 am, that just doesn‘t work.

Given their obsession with employing as few phone line CMs as possible, you’d think a ticket upgrade would be possible online.

ToTBellHop

They’ve married the blockout calendar with the park reservation calendar for APs, which is nice. You only need to check one calendar to find availability.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t work until 11 am today, so this is actually easier for me. There is always a wait to call and on days when I am teaching at 8 am, that just doesn‘t work.

Given their obsession with employing as few phone line CMs as possible, you’d think a ticket upgrade would be possible online.
They thought it would be at springs 10 days ago…

…I was more skeptical

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom