News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

rljackson

I got two Incredipasses. After waiting about 45 minutes of watching the circle spin on the woody page, I went ahead and refreshed the page even though it said not too. After refreshing it went straight to the checkout page and went through. Good luck everyone!

pdude81

Hey all. I was able to upgrade my pixie dust ap to a sorceror ap but not my hubby. What the actual heck?! Was on my chromebook first thing and for some odd reason it showed his pass but it would not allow me to upgrade it. I'm not happy at the moment although I should be. So now I am trying to get through over the phone and have his phone in VQ. I have no idea why I wasn't able to choose his pass too to upgrade as I am the one who does all the planning. The sorcerer pass for me is useless if I can't get his upgraded to the same one. The crappy part is I was as to snag mine at 7:16am this morning. I knew it went too smoothly. Dang it!
Can't you do this over the phone any time? Does it have to be today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I got two Incredipasses. After waiting about 45 minutes of watching the circle spin on the woody page, I went ahead and refreshed the page even though it said not too. After refreshing it went straight to the checkout page and went through. Good luck everyone!
Yes the checkout page is definitely live right now, just spoke to someone who purchase in the last minute. Problem is that its total luck to reach without getting the VQ.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On a slightly different note regarding the early wake up call to order an AP this morning ;)

The Florida Division of Emergency Management issued an apology: "We know a 4:45 AM wake up call isn't ideal FLSERT wants to apologize for the early morning text. Each month, we test #emergencyalerts on a variety of platforms. This alert was supposed to be on TV, and not disturb anyone already sleeping. We are taking the appropriate action to ensure this will never happen again and that only true emergencies are sent as alerts in the middle of the night."

DebbieDub

I really don't know what is going to be be possible quite honestly. No clue what to expect as they say that AP's could sell out at anytime. That's the million dollar question... could that be done at anytime?!? Our renew window isn't until January... so as it stands I currently now have a sorceror AP and hubby's is still a pixie dust AP. So it's kind of big looming dark cloud until it gets figured out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Currently…this appears to be “hyenas on a fresh carcass”…

It sends the wrong message to Disney…but whatever.

To answer your question: there was a frenzy last week for the first day…then things died down a bit. That may happen here…or they may shut the door.
Part of EVERY Disney sale is an “intelligence gathering operation”…in the end.

pdude81

Currently…this appears to be “hyenas on a fresh carcass”…

It sends the wrong message to Disney…but whatever.

To answer your question: there was a frenzy last week for the first day…then things dies down a bit. That may happen here…or they may shut the door.
Part of EVERY Disney sale is an “intelligence gathering operation”…in the end.
For the prior poster, I believe she said they both already have AP and just wanted to upgrade. I thought that switching those at renewal time was guaranteed. Kind of the back door way in for Floridians as they could buy the cheapest pass and then switch up to Pirate or Sorcerer after 12 months.

Mireille

Premium Member
Ok, so I have a question... When I get to Disney World for my trip and head to EPCOT, is there something I need to do before I use my new AP or will it just activate when I use my Magic Band?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the prior poster, I believe she said they both already have AP and just wanted to upgrade. I thought that switching those at renewal time was guaranteed. Kind of the back door way in for Floridians as they could buy the cheapest pass and then switch up to Pirate or Sorcerer after 12 months.
I believe they did not allow “upgrades” unless the pass was available?
Which meant no upgrades

But I didn’t follow it that closely

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok, so I have a question... When I get to Disney World for my trip and head to EPCOT, is there something I need to do before I use my new AP or will it just activate when I use my Magic Band?
You have to link it…and it will activate on use. You also still have to have park reservations which would require you to link it anyway

makaltman

Been in the queue since 6:50am, still recalculating..
Edit: back to "more than an hour"
Was waiting for the queue at 6 am, joined as soon as it opened at 6:50, wait time got down to 23 minutes at 7:52 and then went up to over an hour and then the recalculating and now at 46 minutes. Really hadn’t planned to take the day off of work for this!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom