News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

willf

I'm not defending the crappy IT, but why is everyone in a mad scramble to do this right when it opens? Wouldn't it be way less stressful to just wait a couple of days (or even a few hours) until the rush dies down?
Won't speak for everyone else, but I'm doing it because they said availability's limited. Who knows if that's actually true, but the PS5 experience is still fresh in my memory.

Satans Hockey

I'm not defending the crappy IT, but why is everyone in a mad scramble to do this right when it opens? Wouldn't it be way less stressful to just wait a couple of days (or even a few hours) until the rush dies down?

Probably because it says...

"Annual Pass availability is limited and being in the queue does not guarantee the ability to purchase any Annual Pass."

Disstevefan1

they probably underestimated how many people wanted AP's
This implies that they actually would have spent the money to scale up their infrastructure to handle the anticipated load.
Ah, NO, IF their infrastructure is actually scalable, they don't want to spend the money to scale up.

Mireille

Premium Member
Honestly, for me, I just had no idea how limited they meant when they say they could discontinue sales "at any time". And I know Incredi-Pass was least likely to sell out due to price, but... I just wanted to make sure I got it. But I was lucky and got in relatively quick, about a half hour from VQ opening to purchase.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm seeing this right away

1681994937645.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Looks like there is some variance here depending on session. I'm trying multiple machines (all MacOS Safari, Private Incognito mode), two I can get right into the order screen, the others are hitting the VQ.

Fido Chuckwagon

Looks like there is some variance here depending on session. I'm trying multiple machines (all MacOS Safari, Private Incognito mode), two I can get right into the order screen, the others are hitting the VQ.
Must be a mac thing. I even tried on ios devices in safari private mode and am hitting the VQ

willf

Yeah probably. I'm a web developer by trade and while I find this whole thing incredibly annoying, it's at least tempered by the knowledge that this stuff's incredibly hard to get right and prone to weird behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom