News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I haven’t followed that closely, but hasn’t it been limited to something like only the cheapest pass? Which is like weekdays and no holidays or something like that?
That is correct. I Bought a pass yesterday to be able to go to MK for my husband’s bday on the 17th. The pixie pass is weekdays only and has the standard black out dates and these have been available.

I have no interest in going on weekends. So it’s perfect for me. It’s Only 18 a month after the 200 down too!

HEA here we come!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven’t followed that closely, but hasn’t it been limited to something like only the cheapest pass? Which is like weekdays and no holidays or something like that?
Correct…it’s been the somewhat useless “magical blockout” pass since November of 2021…I believe?

A truly awful period of lack of loyalty to the customers - no matter the excuses - that I hope we won’t see again. But I have doubts

Fido Chuckwagon

Correct…it’s been the somewhat useless “magical blockout” pass since November of 2021…I believe?
A truly awful period of lack of loyalty to the customers - no matter the excuses - that I hope we won’t see again. But I have doubts
Counterpoint: Genie+ is $35 and only going higher, and waiting in 2 hour lines for attractions with children without genie+ is miserable.

wendysue

I wish I could sell my AP to someone who wants one. :( It's no longer the good deal it used to be. Every year they jack up the prices so much that when they give you the 25% discount, it's still more than last year. Or sometimes even last month.

Hcalvert

I get it, no literal blackout but park reservation needed for MK
I think you are thinking of Disneyland. I believe all their APs have some type of blackouts. Every pass has to make park reservations (until whatever date WDW said an annual passholder can enter after 2pm without one). I think I am allowed up to 5 without a resort reservation. I only used the ones without a resort reservation once (3 days worth) when I visited in December for an AVID convention. Other than that, we stay on site, so no problems booking our park reservations. They don't bother me.

Touchdown

I think you are thinking of Disneyland. I believe all their APs have some type of blackouts. Every pass has to make park reservations (until whatever date WDW said an annual passholder can enter after 2pm without one). I think I am allowed up to 5 without a resort reservation. I only used the ones without a resort reservation once (3 days worth) when I visited in December for an AVID convention. Other than that, we stay on site, so no problems booking our park reservations. They don't bother me.
So DL has resort specific reservations like WDW?

TrainsOfDisney

So DL has resort specific reservations like WDW?
All Disneyland Magic Keys have blackout dates. The most expensive one still blacks out Christmas / New Years.

Since it’s only 2 parks, it’s more frequent to see no reservations available as well, although new reservations do open up just like in Florida.

Disstevefan1

It’s interesting Disney implemented blackout dates at all levels of their Disneyland APs and did not do this for the WDW AP’s. Great to hear. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Disstevefan1

Has there been any time in recent history that all 4 WDW parks were filled to capacity?

Even during spring break you could still get a reservation for epcot!
It probably has never happened.

I personally thought the addition of blackouts at all levels of the Disneyland APs had nothing to do with capacity.

I had thought Disney put blackouts at every tier of their Disneyland APs merely to eliminate the confusion about “no blackouts” that the lawsuits stemmed from and they would simply add blackouts to all levels of WDW APs too.

Glad I am wrong.

TrainsOfDisney

It probably has never happened.
Well I meant Disney’s new definition of capacity. It happened as the parks reopened after covid but recently you can always get a day-of ticket at one of the 4 parks at wdw (I think… I haven’t been watching everyday.)

At Disneyland, it’s frequent that both parks fill up to capacity. Again, Disneys new definition of capacity.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A pass with G+ and no park Res or black out would be 3500.
Think it would be that low? I’m sure they have aggregate data on how many days an AP holder visits per year (locals bring that number up, I’d guess). They’d extrapolate the average number of days x the lowest Genie- pricing and add that to the cost of the AP. Add in the no park reservations and I’d see this at $5-6k a head easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom