Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

hrcollectibles

Very happy that Disney is finally doing something with the Legendary Years... This just proves that some rumors, even if they go forgotten, do come true....

dreamfinder

I think the most interesting part of the annoucement is that there has been relatively light rumors surrounding those buildings in the recent past, then all of a sudden there is an official annoucement. Seems to me like Disney is doing a good job clamping down on things getting out before they are ready...

Haven't heard anything lately, but I seem to recall quiet rumors about that side being converted to family suites popping up every now and then. I think the low end suites could be a huge seller for them. Help to bring more larger familes back on property.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great news! The suite room layout if a massive convenience for a lot of families. Secondly, it will finally get rid of the Pop Century waste ground. Third, it isn't a DVC property.

drossjr

:ROFLOL:Hope they call servicemaster and pest control company before opening these rooms seeing they have been dormant for so long! geesh! :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
All I can say is that it is about time. I was beginning to think that WDW would never build another non-DVC resort.

DisneyMusician2

Haven't heard anything lately, but I seem to recall quiet rumors about that side being converted to family suites popping up every now and then. I think the low end suites could be a huge seller for them. Help to bring more larger familes back on property.

It certainly might. And they really did need more of them to make a real difference in keeping people on property.

I just disagree with the proposed product, not the concept.

lebeau

Great news. But I kind of have to wonder why they didn't start this a long time ago. The rumor has been floating around forever. There's a very clear demand for value (non-DVC) family suites.

Either way, this is a win (even if it came later rather than sooner).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is very exciting news. It sounds as if this new resort will be a joy to look at. The only thing that has me worried is if more rooms are really needed? I do not know Disney's average occupancy rates, but I do know they have thousands and thousands of hotel rooms. I guess since so many are suite style they might be appealing to a group that was offsite. I dunno, hopefully my fears are unfounded and it is needed.

Anyway it sounds really cool. I wonder if any of those suites will be for DVC members.

DisneyDadFL

Finally! :) I assume, at least in some small way, that timing of when this opens in 2012 is somewhat tied to the Fantasyland expansion?

I would assume it is almost a certainty that the existing Pop Century Resort will be re-themed at some point also. Pretty sure I read rumors to that effect on here a while back.

Nice to see Mickey opening up the wallet more and more these days!

Philo

Sounds great to me! I'm glad they are finally doing something with the neglected building, and something that sounds like a really good resort too.

DisneyJoe

This is very exciting news. It sounds as if this new resort will be a joy to look at. The only thing that has me worried is if more rooms are really needed? I do not know Disney's average occupancy rates, but I do know they have thousands and thousands of hotel rooms. I guess since so many are suite style they might be appealing to a group that was offsite. I dunno, hopefully my fears are unfounded and it is needed.

Anyway it sounds really cool. I wonder if any of those suites will be for DVC members.

The majority of rooms onsite can hold 4 persons plus an infant, a smaller subset of rooms can occupy 5 plus an infant, and then only the most expensive suites in the Deluxe resorts, the 2-bedroom DVC villas, the All-Star Music Family Suites, and the Fort Wilderness Cabins can accommodate a family of 6.

These rooms are meant for those that need accommodations for 6. BTW, if they are priced anything like the All-Star Music Family Suites, they will cost more than double what a standard All-Star room costs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The majority of rooms onsite can hold 4 persons plus an infant, a smaller subset of rooms can occupy 5 plus an infant, and then only the most expensive suites in the Deluxe resorts, the 2-bedroom DVC villas, the All-Star Music Family Suites, and the Fort Wilderness Cabins can accommodate a family of 6.

These rooms are meant for those that need accommodations for 6. BTW, if they are priced anything like the All-Star Music Family Suites, they will cost more than double what a standard All-Star room costs.
While this is true my hope is that the family suites will be consistently be eligible for room discounts. When you compare a full price suite to (2) 20%-30% discounted standard rooms the numbers really get out of whack.

DrummerAlly

Mickey Stickers for the rumor mill on this one - they got it right!

As much as I appreciate the idea for the theme of Pop Half-a-Century, since its new and different, when I stayed there in '08 it just didn't do much for me. I'm hoping that they do re-theme the other half of pop to the animation suites as well just to give the resort some unity. Unless they plan on pulling down the bridge and adding a whole lot of trees, they almost have to.

Another clue to me that they'll be re-themeing is that they only have 4 movies included in the new buildings. Four movies certainly don't represent Disney's animation.

Great Job Disney! :sohappy: I can't wait to book a room here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom