News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney World parks is the only place I know of that requires people to wear masks outside. It's not required in my state, or Florida. As screwed up as California is it's not required outdoors there. It's not required at the pool bars at WDW either. I doubt they will be required at the water park.
Masks aren’t required anywhere if you are seated and eating. According to the rules Disney released masks are required in any public places unless you are swimming or eating/drinking. My guess would be if you are at a common place like a public restroom or waiting in line at a QS restaurant for food I don’t see why masks wouldn’t be required at the water Parks. Same with entry and exit through the gates. If you are in the pool, on a slide or sitting on a distanced beach chair then no mask. I assume it would be similar to the theme parks and resorts. Again, just my guess.

Current policy for parks and resorts:
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

Miss Bella

Masks aren’t required anywhere if you are seated and eating. According to the rules Disney released masks are required in any public places unless you are swimming or eating/drinking. My guess would be if you are at a common place like a public restroom or waiting in line at a QS restaurant for food I don’t see why masks wouldn’t be required at the water Parks. Same with entry and exit through the gates. If you are in the pool, on a slide or sitting on a distanced beach chair then no mask. I assume it would be similar to the theme parks and resorts. Again, just my guess.

Current policy for parks and resorts:
I can only tell me what I experienced. You can argue with me if you want, but you haven't been there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can only tell me what I experienced. You can argue with me if you want, but you haven't been there.
I’m not arguing anything. Neither of us has been to the water parks so how could either of us know what the rules will be. The other poster asked the question of how the water parks would work and I gave my opinion of how I thought it would work. You disagree and have a different opinion. We are both guessing at this point. Disney will publish the rules once the water parks open and we will know for sure.

Miss Bella

I’m not arguing anything. Neither of us has been to the water parks so how could either of us know what the rules will be. The other poster asked the question of how the water parks would work and I gave my opinion of how I thought it would work. You disagree and have a different opinion. We are both guessing at this point. Disney will publish the rules once the water parks open and we will know for sure.
You said it would be similar to resorts. Masks aren't required in the pool area at the resorts. What the heck would you do with your mask when you get on the slide? Put in your non-existent pocket, stuff it in your bikini bra, or hold it between your butt cheeks ? I don't know if you've ever been to a water park, but all people wear is a swim suit. There is a reason Universal doesn't require them.

Touchdown

Water parks present a unique problem because a wet mask is a mask that not only doesn’t work but may actually increase your viral spread as your breath will become super saturated forming more droplets. So you need to have a way to somehow keep the mask dry while you are riding a water slide or just have enough free disposable ones so that you can toss your mask at the top of the slide, and then after drying your face off (you better not have a beard) put a new one on at the bottom. Good luck with that...

Miss Bella

Water parks present a unique problem because a wet mask is a mask that not only doesn’t work but may actually increase your viral spread as your breath will become super saturated forming more droplets. So you need to have a way to somehow keep the mask dry while you are riding a water slide or just have enough free disposable ones so that you can toss your mask at the top of the slide, and then after drying your face off (you better not have a beard) put a new one on at the bottom. Good luck with that...
Don't you think your mask becomes super saturated when you wear the same mask all day in the humidity or even in dry weather when your talking, coughing and heavy breathing in it...not to start another mask debate, but you just kind of supported what the anti-mask people have been saying all along.
I was always taught if your talking with an N-95 on for more than 15 minutes to change it out because it wasn't effective, but Covid has changed everything I was told over the last 20 years.

Chi84

Premium Member
Don't you think your mask becomes super saturated when you wear the same mask all day in the humidity or even in dry weather when your talking, coughing and heavy breathing in it...not to start another mask debate, but you just kind of supported what the anti-mask people have been saying all along.
I was always taught if your talking with an N-95 on for more than 15 minutes to change it out because it wasn't effective, but Covid has changed everything I was told over the last 20 years.
It seems it’s also made everyone mildly insane and incredibly ornery.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Umm... bring more than one? And an N-95 doesn’t belong in a theme park.

The More You Know©️

RETLAW

Disney World parks is the only place I know of that requires people to wear masks outside. It's not required in my state, or Florida. As screwed up as California is it's not required outdoors there. It's not required at the pool bars at WDW either. I doubt they will be required at the water park.
Florida may not require a mask to be on at all times, except while eating or drinking, but Orange County and Osceola County both have a mask mandate in effect. And the mayor of Orange County has said that it will remain in effect until at least mid to late spring of 2021. Disney doesn't have a choice but to enforce wearing a mask.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Masks aren't required in the pool area at the resorts.
Actually, yes they are if you are not seated and socially distanced from another guest. If you get up to use the restroom you must put your mask on, even if the restroom is located just 20 feet away inside the pool area. They are actively enforcing this. How do I know? We were just there a while ago, and saw it first hand. It is true, of course, that you can take it off while at the pool bar as well, but they have limited seating that are properly spaced out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You said it would be similar to resorts. Masks aren't required in the pool area at the resorts. What the heck would you do with your mask when you get on the slide? Put in your non-existent pocket, stuff it in your bikini bra, or hold it between your butt cheeks ? I don't know if you've ever been to a water park, but all people wear is a swim suit. There is a reason Universal doesn't require them.
Are you just trying to argue now? I never said you had to wear a mask at the resort pools. I said the exact opposite. I said I thought the water parks would be like the resorts, when at the pool or on the slides you don’t need to wear a mask, when at a table eating or drinking you don’t have to wear a mask (same as any other area at WDW) but when in common public areas like restrooms or entering and exiting the parks you would need a mask. When standing in line at a counter service to order food or at an indoor area like merchandise or locker rooms you will likely need a mask. I don’t think they will just say no masks required anywhere at the water parks. Again, just my opinion.

Miss Bella

Are you just trying to argue now? I never said you had to wear a mask at the resort pools. I said the exact opposite. I said I thought the water parks would be like the resorts, when at the pool or on the slides you don’t need to wear a mask, when at a table eating or drinking you don’t have to wear a mask (same as any other area at WDW) but when in common public areas like restrooms or entering and exiting the parks you would need a mask. When standing in line at a counter service to order food or at an indoor area like merchandise or locker rooms you will likely need a mask. I don’t think they will just say no masks required anywhere at the water parks. Again, just my opinion.
Ok

DisneyDreamer08

I live in Massachusetts and masks are required outside. They have been since last spring. They changed the rule slightly this past fall to add, regardless of social distancing. So even if you can be 6 feet apart from others, you need a mask at all times, indoors or out. My kids have been wearing them outdoors at zoos etc since the spring (well early summer when places reopened). We even bring them to playgrounds in case other people are there. And the restaurant rule here is that you must wear your mask while ordering and keep it on til your food arrives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom