News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

castlecake2.0

Was at MK today and felt very busy to the point of being unable to physically distance in a few areas. The walk way from the riverboat landing area in Liberty Square through to Small World is a disaster. They need to do a one way only circle here. I would also, for the time being, move Momento Mori to the old HoP gift shop location to alleviate some congestion. This would then allow Pans line to go down to the harbour house breezeway without creating a bottleneck. Have the start of HMs queue begin down the boardwalk instead of doubling back on itself and blocking space on the main path.
The next area that needs help is Caribbean Plaza, still trying to figure out how they could alleviate traffic there.

image.jpg

dmw

In the Parks
No
Was at MK today and felt very busy to the point of being unable to physically distance in a few areas. The walk way from the riverboat landing area in Liberty Square through to Small World is a disaster. They need to do a one way only circle here. I would also, for the time being, move Momento Mori to the old HoP gift shop location to alleviate some congestion. This would then allow Pans line to go down to the harbour house breezeway without creating a bottleneck. Have the start of HMs queue begin down the boardwalk instead of doubling back on itself and blocking space on the main path.
The next area that needs help is Caribbean Plaza, still trying to figure out how they could alleviate traffic there.

View attachment 510163
One way around? No way that works, and I would not want to experience that. Better to cap the lines at some max length if unwilling to make any other changes to improve ride capacity.

castlecake2.0

One way around? No way that works, and I would not want to experience that. Better to cap the lines at some max length if unwilling to make any other changes to improve ride capacity.
It does work pretty well, Disneyland and MK both use it during very busy times of the year when attendance hits a certain number, it just require a lot of cast to make it function the way it’s supposed to. Capping the lines is a good idea too. Either way it’s just that LSQ/FL transition area is not set up at all for social distancing and needs some sort of solution.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’m at DAK today and everything is being spaced out as best can be. I don’t feel uncomfortable at all by the crowd spacing. I’ve was at the MK all day on Halloween and at no time did it feel like it was an unsafe situation.

I just want to say that pictures posted give a poor representation of crowds because it can’t capture the depth properly. 2D shot.

Ldno

Makes me wonder if everyone has that much free time or have the parks always been this packed the first week of November?

lilypgirl

I was in Disney this past weekend. I was chatting with a hotel manager and he mentioned to me WDW would be moving to 50% capacity and the requirement for mask being worn outside to be done away with. Any ideas in if this is factual info?

Magic Feather

Disney, to date, has still not filled the parks to 25% of capacity. Current “feels like” crowds are the result of public perception of crowds (average days at MK hit around 50%), reduced capacity attractions, closed attractions, and spaced out lines that spill onto walkways out of necessity.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney, to date, has still not filled the parks to 25% of capacity. Current “feels like” crowds are the result of public perception of crowds (average days at MK hit around 50%), reduced capacity attractions, closed attractions, and spaced out lines that spill onto walkways out of necessity.
The 25% of what is very much the question. 25% of actual park capacity has not been hit, but 25% of a typical attendance day, very likely hit. Either way, for those that saw reports of what the park were likely in July and August, it is very very different now - regardless of what the actual numbers are.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m wondering how this is going to work and when. Something will have to give somewhere and sometime. When the vaccine is out sure but then do you just leave it up to those who visit if they want the risk or not and whether or not they have the vaccine or not? It’ll be interesting to see how and when Disney gets back to normal

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The 25% of what is very much the question. 25% of actual park capacity has not been hit, but 25% of a typical attendance day, very likely hit. Either way, for those that saw reports of what the park were likely in July and August, it is very very different now - regardless of what the actual numbers are.
Having experienced the parks in July and August- and now last week- I can confirm there is a huge difference in attraction wait times, chaos in finding where a ride queue actually begins, very crowded walkways and bathrooms, difficulty in finding tables at QS restaurants (while carrying trays of food) and long waits to enter gift stores, Starbucks, etc.

And the holidays aren’t even here yet.

We are veterans at traveling during peak times and with many offerings still closed, no “people eater” shows, fewer shops and restaurants and the long queues necessary for physical distancing - the parks feel like Spring Break/Christmas.

It’s not a good feeling.

castlecake2.0

I’ve been going to the parks weekly since opening week and yes there definitely is a difference, though I feel it’s still not over 25% of a normal/busy day. It looks busy, but it’s because everyone is spread out and lower capacity in almost every venue. What we saw in July was great while it lasted, but what we see now is probably the new normal. I don’t think we have anything to fear in regards to "and it’s not even the holidays yet", with capped attendance I don’t imagine anything being busier than what we see on Saturdays currently. Guests also need to show some responsibility too, if an area looks crowded then don’t join the crowd, wait for the next cavalcade or come back a bit later for your castle picture (I know this is a big ask lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom