News Walt Disney World says goodbye to the final remnants of its COVID-19 safety protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Yes I understand that…my point was just that they can find people making lower wages to install these but Disney can’t find CM’s
Lower wages , hurt on the job, that's not Disney's problem. Like many companies , go with the lowest bid to do the job

Last edited:

fgmnt

This thread might get iced, so i just want to say that as long as one has to navigate to a website more annoying to use than the parks app for the pleasure of letting disney know where i will be spending money on their property ahead of time, all covid protocols have not been removed from the resort.

CuteAsMinnie

Removal of the hand sanitizer stations is idiocy. Forget Covid, these are just useful to combat a host of "spread by contact" oral/fecal illnesses, and the fact that they were constantly empty by the end of the day indicates people were using them.
We’ve been bringing our own hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes for almost as long as I can remember. It’s great all Disney restrooms (I believe) have automatic soap dispensers and water faucets so no need to touch anything. 👍

Masks still required in medical facilities in IL as of today.

HB123

It would be nice if Disney Cruiseline moved in that direction & lifted their testing requirements at terminals it seems like a very unnecessary expense especially for fully vaccinated and boosted guests...I'd rather be spending the extra money on the cruise!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It would be nice if Disney Cruiseline moved in that direction & lifted their testing requirements at terminals it seems like a very unnecessary expense especially for fully vaccinated and boosted guests...I'd rather be spending the extra money on the cruise!
RCL wasn’t any better. Pre cruise test for all a few days before. Unvaccinated kids (12 and up must be vaccinated) then have to do another test once arriving at port. And if the cruise is a 5+ nights, another test for the unvaccinated kids the day before debarkation. 3 tests for my 4 year old last month for our cruise.

disneyfireman

Especially since many cruise lines. Now NO longer require a test or vaccine proof.

Smiley/OCD

RCL wasn’t any better. Pre cruise test for all a few days before. Unvaccinated kids then have to do another test once arriving at port. And if the cruise is a 5+ nights, another test for the unvaccinated kids the day before debarkation. 3 tests for my 4 year old last month for our cruise.
Another reason my wife and I have NO, ZERO desires to take a cruise…I have friends that absolutely love them, but we’ll pass.

Smiley/OCD

We had a great time. Minus the testing. No other protocols so it felt completely normal. Cruise staff still had to wear masks though, felt bad for them.
I know a cruise ship is the size of a small city, but I HATE the feeling of not being in control and confinement. It’s not claustrophobia ( I get MRI’s all the time), but that’s why we always rented a car while on property…if I needed to get out, I could.
The ONE cruise I would consider would be to go to Alaska.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Virgin. Royal just did. Just to name a couple. There is more. Just don’t recall which ones.
For RCL, that isn’t exactly accurate. They are rolling back testing for the vaccinated on shorter cruises only. Moving in the right direction though.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know a cruise ship is the size of a small city, but I HATE the feeling of not being in control and confinement. It’s not claustrophobia ( I get MRI’s all the time), but that’s why we always rented a car while on property…if I needed to get out, I could.
If you ever go, probably want to go with a stateroom with a balcony rather than an inside one. May help with that “confinement” feeling.

dreday3

Along with balcony suggestion, this time we booked a cruise with 4 port days. So we really only have 2 full days at sea where you are only on the ship.
On the way to Caribbean and on the way back!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Most new ships have a row of hand washing stations before you enter the buffet.
Even older ships like the one i was just on (Although it was renovated recently). Washy washy” yelled the staff member every time you entered the buffet. It was basically mandatory as he was there ensuring all did. People were back to serving themselves so I was good with that. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom