News Walt Disney World says goodbye to the final remnants of its COVID-19 safety protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley/OCD

I’m at Disneyland right now and I don’t see things changing here anytime soon. Lots of CM’s and Guests in masks. I’m surprised how many CM’s wear them in outdoor locations even in the heat.

Also…. Having sanitizer available everywhere is just a good thing. It should remain.
That’s because you’re in California…lol…Just remember within about 10 years ago, scientists and doctors said that people were using too much hand sanitizer and that we were relying too much on those products? I do…I also remember as a kid playing outside filthy dirty all summer and never getting sick and working in High School pumping gas and changing oil with filthy hands and eating dinner with those same filthy hands, and I never got sick and still here…

disneyfireman

Way Way past due....but a great thing. I just got back and you would never know covid ever existed..People have moved on. Kudos Disney!!

Raxel7851

They were neither minimal cost nor effective mitigation.

COVID does not spread meaningfully on surfaces. This was literally one of the first things we knew about it. It's an airborne respiratory virus. You're not going to get COVID by touching something someone else touched.
Especially these newer variants. They seem to be all airborne transmitted.

bpiper

we brought a bottle or 2 of our own sanitizer & never really used theirs. we’ll probably do the same when we travel there this november. we’ll still wear masks for or own safety & being considerate to others.
We found that Disney's and most sanitizer offered by businesses leave a sticky residue when they evaporate.

disneyfireman

I never used hand sanitizer pre covid or really that much during..I just wash up pre eating or after bathroom...isnt that there norm?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They were neither minimal cost nor effective mitigation.

COVID does not spread meaningfully on surfaces. This was literally one of the first things we knew about it. It's an airborne respiratory virus. You're not going to get COVID by touching something someone else touched.
Widespread adoption of hand sanitizer use probably contributed to the lower incidence of other illnesses over the past 2 years.

disneyfireman

In any case...Its great the stupid signs are gone...The busses are packed..soon the gondolas...the stretching room is packed..lol and every aspect of WDW/DL is back to people having a good time. Masks are hardly worn or noticeable...even on the flight down. Even the good old waiting room at tower of terror is packed shoulder to shoulder...been a long time past due and coming.
ADIOS

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I agree, the hand sanitizer dispensers were a nice touch. I know of a few smaller parks that had these even before the pandemic. It was a nice touch that was customer focused. This is purely a cost savings thing.

And yes, I wash my hands as often as possible, but it was always nice getting a quick squirt while exiting an attraction. Who knows what kind of bacterial filth is all over the lap bars, Toy Story Midway/Buzz Lightyear guns, etc.

Yes I think they should remain as a guest convenience. It. makes for a healthier environment for guest and cast, so it would seem the small cost would be worthwhile. But then every penny counts for TWDC.

Prior to the pandemic those mini bottles of hand sanitizer were on EVERY Disney vacation packing list because of the “Disney crud” and the kids touching all the things and the bacteria on the hand rails, etc. I liked seeing them around the parks too but there’s no reason guests can’t bring their own either. It’s basically tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom