Walt Disney World Research Survey

Captain Chaos

And another thing.. This guy is going for his masters I guess, since he is a post graduate.. And his letter attached to the survey is filled with spelling mistakes... I am not to sure this is legit...

ArielBelle

dxer07002 said:
And another thing.. This guy is going for his masters I guess, since he is a post graduate.. And his letter attached to the survey is filled with spelling mistakes... I am not to sure this is legit...

If filled with spelling mistakes means one---organisation...then okay
:hammer:

Not everyone is out to get your e-mail address...

Disney Research

Original Poster
dxer07002 said:
Are we sure this isn't a new way to spam and attain email addresses???
FAO: dxer07002

To any and all respondents I assure you that this is a legitimate research process and not a way to attain email addresses for SPAM purposes. I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to design a 34 question questionnaire just to obtain email addresses.

As you will see I have included my own email addresses on the website, namely, disneydissertation@yahoo.co.uk and atjhowarth@uclan.ac.uk. Please send the completed questionnaire to disneydissertation@yahoo.co.uk and not '.com'. I am from the UK and as far as I am aware there is no such address as '.com' which is why some of you have received error messages.

Please be assured that all responses are treated in the strictest of confidence and as anonymous. I can gaurantee that email addresses will not be divulged to any third parties.

With thanks,
Anthony TJ Howarth BA (Hons)
MSc Business Management
Lancashire Business School
University of Central Lancashire

ArielBelle

DisneyMissy said:
I did the survey and then I read all of this, I didn't even consider spamming, his e-mail came back to me as undeliverable.

Missy--just make sure you used the right e-mail address. I first I forgot the ".uk" at the end of yahoo.com and had it returned as well. Hope that helps!
:wave:

Just sent you my survey and it will be quite different from anyone else here as i only visit once every two-three years cos im from the uk.

Goodluck Mate.:wave:

Disney Research

Original Poster
FAO dxer07002

As previously stated I am a postgraduate student reading my MSc in the UK. I am British and therefore there may be several subtle differences in spellings for words such as organisation (UK) and organization (US) and colour (UK) and color (US) etc.

I understand and accept if for whatever reason you do not wish to take part in this study but please be assured that my research process is legitimate. This survey is part of my dissertation studies as stiputaled for stage three of my Masters Degree detailed at http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/pg/files/lpbumg.htm

Thank you
MSc Business Management
Lancashire Busines School

Disney Research

Original Poster
FAO DisneyMissey,

Hi there,

Anthony here, are you sure you sent the email to disneydissertation@yahoo.co.uk?

a few people have tried to return the questionnaire to an email address ending 'yahoo.com', which does not exist and so they are receiving an error message.

I hope that this clears up the problem, I look forward to receiving your questionaire.

Kind regards,

MSc Business Management

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Another UK one on the way - BTW my first attempt bounced; clicking on the .co.uk reply on your site actually generates a .com address - that`s the problem.

Captain Chaos

Good luck with your survey... I just wish not to participate... As for some spelling mistakes, I did not take into account that some words may have a different spelling in the UK and USA... So, for that, I apologize...

Still, people will do anything for email address to sell off to spammers... Since this is not an authorized DISNEY COMPANY survey, I will not participate....

hcswingfield

I did the survey yesterday, and have had no increase in my spam content in my email inbox. :) Not that I was worried, but I know some people on this thread seem to be. Wanted to let you know I took the plunge and survived!!! :lol:

Disney Research

Original Poster
Hi Marni1971,

Apologies for that I have checked out my website and the '.co.uk' addess did indeed generate a '.com' delivery.

I have updated the site so there should be no more problems. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Once again many thanks,

Anthony TJ Howarth BA(Hons)
MSc Business Management

spoodles

Just a quick FYI, email addresses (and lists in general) are big business. Organizations often go to far greater extents to get yours than you might think. I'm not saying this survey isn't legit, just that you should always be careful giving out any personal info. :)

Tigger1988

spoodles said:
Just a quick FYI, email addresses (and lists in general) are big business. Organizations often go to far greater extents to get yours than you might think. I'm not saying this survey isn't legit, just that you should always be careful giving out any personal info. :)

That was my point exactly..but I guess being safe rather than sorry makes us "silly people"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom