Walt Disney World Park Hours Update

mattpeto

It's not that complicated, DAK closes early because there isn't enough experiences to keep you there all day. Us fans on here can spend days looking at all the details, but the general public is only interested in rides & attractions... and DAK only offers ~11 decent options (1 of them being a flat ride, 1 water ride, and 1 not so great bird show). So really gives you only 8 options... 7 if you don't want to spend waiting 90 minutes for Flight of Passage.

The impact to the park's animals from nighttime operations is highly exaggerated. We all know it's just because Disney can't justify late hours from crowd levels.
Disagree with the bird show take, but everything else is spot-on.

They can run a nighttime show, just can't use pyro.

Andrew25

Disagree with the bird show take, but everything else is spot-on.

They can run a nighttime show, just can't use pyro.
The bird show is ok, it's just not a significant draw.

But yeah, DAK can (and is built) to run a night... they just can't justify it yet from a financial perspective.

el_super

It's not that complicated, DAK closes early because there isn't enough experiences to keep you there all day.

And yet it's still opening earlier... it doesn't have to open at 8am but it do.

I don't think it's related to park content all that much as just regular visitor habits. After a couple days walking through the other parks, it's harder and harder to make it through a whole day at another park.

Andrew25

And yet it's still opening earlier... it doesn't have to open at 8am but it do.

I don't think it's related to park content all that much as just regular visitor habits. After a couple days walking through the other parks, it's harder and harder to make it through a whole day at another park.
Park regularly opens early thanks to the rope-drop crowd trying to get ahead of everyone else at Pandora.

It's a miracle they can keep it open to 6-7PM, it's pretty dead for the last hour or two.

Vclguy90

I feel they don't keep it open at night because the cost of operations don't justify it but that is another middle finger to the consumer.

I just don't see the point of these world class experiences if you can't view them how they are meant to be viewed because of Disney being greedy.

I am under the impression that this is why we don't have the hours we used to resort-wide.

doctornick

Other than the safari there's no reason everything else can't be open. AK at night was great when they had it open years ago.

I don't know if they ran Kali late when the part was opening late, but no one would be riding it. the animal trails closed as well. If/when you take Dinosaur off-line there really isn't enough to keep people there even with a night show.

Getting Encanto, shifting Dinosaur to IJ (assuming it would be more popular) and getting a Lion King ride in addition to a new show replacing RoL would I think be enough to extend it to more normal park hours - but that's all probably 3+ years away.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Wow. It's a light summer at WDW.
1719002455389.gif

thematt07

Hi! New here. Will be in the park on Sunday June 30th and was curious if it is still possible for MK to be open until 11pm instead of the posted 10pm. Sunday June 23rd was open until 11pm, and Tiana's opens to all guests on the 28th, so I figured it would get that last hour tacked on but it hasn't happened yet. MK at night is my favorite, so hoping to get that extra hour after the fireworks.

mattpeto

Hi! New here. Will be in the park on Sunday June 30th and was curious if it is still possible for MK to be open until 11pm instead of the posted 10pm. Sunday June 23rd was open until 11pm, and Tiana's opens to all guests on the 28th, so I figured it would get that last hour tacked on but it hasn't happened yet. MK at night is my favorite, so hoping to get that extra hour after the fireworks.
Doesn't appear so. They generally post the hours 60-70 calendar days prior and do a final update 1-2 weeks prior.

I think you're stuck with 10 pm closing, sorry!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Walt Disney World has extended park hours at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the week of July 14, 2024. Standard hours remain at Magic Kingdom (9am-10pm) and EPCOT (9am-9pm).

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
July 14-18: 8am-6pm (previously 9am-6pm)
July 19, 20: 8am-7pm (previously 9am-6pm)

Disney's Hollywood Studios
July 18, 19: 9am-10pm (previously 9am-9pm)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom