Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

DisneyDebRob

Yea from the vloggers you cant tell. So for Epcot, the issue was even though they closed at 9, the restaurants closed earlier. Specifically Via Napoli had a last seating at 7:45. I don't know whats happening with the restaurants there when Epcot is closing at 7. will last seating be at 5:45? I hope not. Otherwise we were really glad Epcot was open until 9 and gave us somewhere to visit at night.

Magic Kingdom was difficult because we like the nightime lights there, couldn't see that. And if a ride went down , say at 5 due to weather or technical difficulties, it wouldnt come back up because the parks were going to close soon. And we really missed the plaza ice cream parlor, which wasnt open at all.

Animal Kingdom was a huuuuge blow to us because we LOVE Pandora at night. It also caused the rainforest cafe thats outside of the park, to close at the same closing time (6pm). We love it there for dinner.

Hollywood Studios, again it was open until 8 which is better then 6 however we still didnt see much lit up.

The main issue is when visiting for vacation, especially onsite, the best thing is going to a park in the day, pool and rest in the afternoon at the resort, back in the park in the evening for dinner. We could barely do that this trip. We will be able to do that AT ALL with the extra short hours.

Another HUGE issue was and will be even more so the transportation. Because the boats, skyliner, and monorail and busses are only open usually for an hour after a park closes, we couldnt take them at night to visit different places, resorts, or just take them to experience the beauty. That was a huge issue.
Sorry you had a bunch of issues. Most of what you enjoy that you couldn’t experience, is what I enjoy also. Does anyone really see a uptick in visitors with all this going on? I don’t. If there is a uptick I can see a lot of visitors disappointed. I don’t think the “ I got to ride space mountain 4 times in a row” isn’t what a lot of us look forward to doing.

ImperfectPixie

Sorry you had a bunch of issues. Most of what you enjoy that you couldn’t experience, is what I enjoy also. Does anyone really see a uptick in visitors with all this going on? I don’t. If there is a uptick I can see a lot of visitors disappointed. I don’t think the “ I got to ride space mountain 4 times in a row” isn’t what a lot of us look forward to doing.
No...but neither is spending the entire day with a few pre-scheduled activities and the rest of the time waiting in ridiculous lines.

DisneyDebRob

No...but neither is spending the entire day with a few pre-scheduled activities and the rest of the time waiting in ridiculous lines.
I understand that completely. Don’t get me wrong, safety first and you have to make people safe. And if the people aren’t coming you have to cut hours. It’s like a vicious circle.. not enough people going right now so have to cut back even more. I just don’t see people looking and saying, ok we have even less now let’s book that 5000 dollar vacation.

ImperfectPixie

I understand that completely. Don’t get me wrong, safety first and you have to make people safe. And if the people aren’t coming you have to cut hours. It’s like a vicious circle.. not enough people going right now so have to cut back even more. I just don’t see people looking and saying, ok we have even less now let’s book that 5000 dollar vacation.
Yup. It costs us around $1200-$1400 just to fly down...then it's not worth it unless we stay for at least a week...it all adds up super fast, and risking our health just makes holding off a no-brainer.

ToTBellHop

I got on more rides in 10-hour days at WDW than I used to in 16-hour days. I was literally getting off FoP and the CM said, “want to ride again?” and sent us through the DAS queue.

We had a blast and it was the most-relaxing WDW vacation in years without the albatross of FP+. Going to the pool at 9 am before Epcot was lovely. Hopping on E-tickets during the traditional lunch and dinner times (we ate at off-times) with minimal wait was amazing. And, honestly, we didn’t mind the earlier closing times. We actually slept on vacation!

Were there things we missed? Sure. Those things will return. But the character cavalcades were cool and, for better or for worse, this pandemic will be a defining moment in our lives. I take any chance I can get to create happy memories with my kids. Our vacation provided 10 days of great memories. How wonderful to not have to just cancel the whole year.

For the record, I felt safer at WDW than I do at my local Walmart.

DisneyDebRob

I got on more rides in 10-hour days at WDW than I used to in 16-hour days. I was literally getting off FoP and the CM said, “want to ride again?” and sent us through the DAS queue.

We had a blast and it was the most-relaxing WDW vacation in years without the albatross of FP+. Going to the pool at 9 am before Epcot was lovely. Hopping on E-tickets during the traditional lunch and dinner times (we ate at off-times) with minimal wait was amazing. And, honestly, we didn’t mind the earlier closing times. We actually slept on vacation!

Were there things we missed? Sure. Those things will return. But the character cavalcades were cool and, for better or for worse, this pandemic will be a defining moment in our lives. I take any chance I can get to create happy memories with my kids. Our vacation provided 10 days of great memories. How wonderful to not have to just cancel the whole year.

Glad you had a blast!
I’m on the other hand of the spectrum. We enjoy a few rides a day but that’s probably our least favorite thing anymore. We enjoy wandering around the parks at night. The shows in all of the parks. Our favorite restaurants. It definitely wouldn’t be worth it for us.

DVCakaCarlF

I just came back from a nine day trip myself and had an amazing time. Rode several e ticket rides back to back...we did miss the shows, Street performances, and fireworks.

I’m honestly anxious to club level to return...best value in WDW.

ToTBellHop

I just came back from a nine day trip myself and had an amazing time. Rode several e ticket rides back to back...we did miss the shows, Street performances, and fireworks.

I’m honestly anxious to club level to return...best value in WDW.
We had a great time, but I certainly am not rushing back right now. It was one of those things where I’m happy to have had the experience but still look forward to when things get closer to “normal”. We were going to return in February but decided to push back to June after school is out. Hopefully things are improving by then. Also, didn’t want any drama from the boys’ school over traveling to FL if it’s still a hotbed. We have the luxury of time for a 14-day quarantine right now.

HairyChest

Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time, especially since I was staying at DVC resorts, those are nice to spend time in. But knowing what was there before and not being go go go vacationers, there were lots of options we didn't have.

Also, how can they close all quickservice locations at 10pm at all the Disney hotels? You couldn't get any food staying at a Disney resort after 10pm. I called the front desk and they suggested I order Domino's or uber eats.

ImperfectPixie

Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time, especially since I was staying at DVC resorts, those are nice to spend time in. But knowing what was there before and not being go go go vacationers, there were lots of options we didn't have.

Also, how can they close all quickservice locations at 10pm at all the Disney hotels? You couldn't get any food staying at a Disney resort after 10pm. I called the front desk and they suggested I order Domino's or uber eats.
That's one thing that always frustrates us...we're late night snackers. We finally started to stock up on stuff for the room from Garden Grocer.

DVCakaCarlF

We had a great time, but I certainly am not rushing back right now. It was one of those things where I’m happy to have had the experience but still look forward to when things get closer to “normal”. We were going to return in February but decided to push back to June after school is out. Hopefully things are improving by then. Also, didn’t want any drama from the boys’ school over traveling to FL if it’s still a hotbed. We have the luxury of time for a 14-day quarantine right now.
Same story...knew we had to get the trip in before school.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Those complaining about lack of food options why not leave property. There is many options outside of Disney.
Based on my trip a couple weeks ago, distancing and mask wearing off property are not as common as I’d like them to be. We stayed off property and quickly decided we would not plan to eat in non Disney restaurants as our first two attempts made us feel uncomfortable with the precautions taken. We had a kitchen, so it was no big deal to switch to groceries and carry out only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom