Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Not sure if all photos are available yet but there are no photos of us crossing the finish at the marathon. What's up with that? Don't they just keep the camera going? There are 3 provisional pictures but none of us.

Did you try to browse through any unclaimed pictures? The marathonfoto searching ability sucks compared to Brightroom, but I found a few of mine that way. I think part of it depends on when you crossed the line, and where you crossed the line. Crossing near other people can end up with you being blocked, or your time being confused with someone elses (only applies for when they just match pictures taken at a certain time to your finish time) It's possible that the camera for your "area" wasn't synced perfectly, so you would need to browse in that same subset of pictures to find yours. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to work within their system, doesn't seem nearly as organized or straight forwards as Brightroom was. In an effort to keep people from making screenshots of their pictures they made it nearly impossible to find lost photos.

I'm totally with you on the official photos...there are some that I like so I'm actually interested in getting the package but there were definitely a lot more last year.

Which was kinda interesting to me. Despite farming all the character photos out to Photopass (Most were in their official CM costumes wearing their nametags) and having a metric ton of photographers at the 3 places on the map, they didn't seem to get the same volume. Admittedly, doubling the number of cameras at the castle greatly increases the chances of them getting a good picture of you at the castle (which means they sell another picture) but it seemed like they had less stops.

Brightroom does a horrible job compared to ASI in regards to photos. I complained about this before but it looks like Disney is starting to use Brightroom exclusively. :(

Well, good news and bad news. ASI essentially was part of Brightroom, or was absorbed by Brightroom. ASI used the Brightroom backend, and was located at Action Sports International 333 Quorum Drive, Suite 200 Fort Worth, TX 76137, which just happens to be the same address that Brightroom uses Brightroom™, Inc. 3333 Quorum Drive, Suite 200 Fort Worth, TX 76137. And ASI only shows 1 event shot in 2012, most ending in 2011. So it's been Brightroom for at least a year now, if not 2. This year was MarathonFoto. Which bought/acquired Brightroom. If you look at the marathon guide (at least the early copies posted online) they still had Brightroom listed as a vendor. But late last year (according to some online stuff) very early this year (according to a rep at the Expo) Brightroom became part of MarathonFoto/Event Photography Group. So good news, it's technically no longer Brightroom. Bad news, it's still at least partially Brightroom. Unless EPG just bought Brightroom for their event contracts and contats. I'm not liking MarathonFoto's system at all. Outside of the fact that searching for your pictures from 1 event loads all events you were at. I.E. searching for my full photos also gives me tabs for the half and the 5k.

Kristia

Did you try to browse through any unclaimed pictures? The marathonfoto searching ability sucks compared to Brightroom, but I found a few of mine that way. I think part of it depends on when you crossed the line, and where you crossed the line. Crossing near other people can end up with you being blocked, or your time being confused with someone elses (only applies for when they just match pictures taken at a certain time to your finish time) It's possible that the camera for your "area" wasn't synced perfectly, so you would need to browse in that same subset of pictures to find yours. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to work within their system, doesn't seem nearly as organized or straight forwards as Brightroom was. In an effort to keep people from making screenshots of their pictures they made it nearly impossible to find lost photos.
I haven't had a chance to try that yet. My half photos list provisional photos and when you click on that, there are a series of different camera angles and various people crossing the finish line about the same time I did. There are about 50 photos there, so it is easy to find myself. It doesn't seem to be by bib number just timing. The marathon had 3 photos of a ground camera with people high-fiving goofy. No finish line. I will check back. Not sure I will be getting any this year though.

LindsayLoves

So I just checked in at marathonfoto and there are definitely some finish line photos up now. Two of me crossing from above and one hi-fiving Goofy (which is too close up to see more than Goofy's hand) I wonder if anymore are going to pop up - a few character shots are definitely not there that should be.

Kristia

So I just checked in at marathonfoto and there are definitely some finish line photos up now. Two of me crossing from above and one hi-fiving Goofy (which is too close up to see more than Goofy's hand) I wonder if anymore are going to pop up - a few character shots are definitely not there that should be.
Still none for me. :( We were so far back maybe all the photographers went home. ;)

Texas84

Texas84, That was you?
Carrying the fountain Coke in DHS? Probably.:D

We had a bunch of good pics with a video of me fist-pumping Donald at the finish. :)

We were so far back maybe all the photographers went home. ;)
I can definitely say that is not true. ;)

Ariel484

Well, I have gone through all of the unclaimed photos. Added 2 to my bucket for the full (including my villains picture, whew!) and 2 to the 5K. I have 2 pictures of me crossing the half finish line, but they aren't very good, and no pictures crossing the full finish line. :( Have about 5 of me crossing the 5K line. I think I'm going to get the Goofy package with the videos (is it just me or is this package cheaper than last years?) but probably won't get the 5K photos. There are definitely a LOT fewer photos this year...I remember not even looking through the unclaimed photos in 2012 because I had so many anyway (8-10 of me crossing the full finish line alone) and there were, like, hundreds of unclaimed ones. Oh well. I do like the videos though. :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Huge disappointment that there was no Coke at the finish line this year.
After we showered and napped, we went to BoG for dinner. I ordered a coke. When our waitress brought it to the table, I drank the whole thing, and asked her to bring a refill immediately. Something about Coke after a race is amazing.

Kristia

Haha! We had Coke as well. It was heavenly after being so darn hot and tired! Went to Le Cellier for dinner and I had more Coke. I think for the rest of the trip, I was downing Coke!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
After we showered and napped, we went to BoG for dinner. I ordered a coke. When our waitress brought it to the table, I drank the whole thing, and asked her to bring a refill immediately. Something about Coke after a race is amazing.
Coke at mile 82 is sublime.

Texas84

Love it. I want that Epcot view every day! They really need an edge resort like Grand Californian at DLR.

I've been told the Coke craving is a low sodium thing. When I set my PR at DL I wanted one bad! Nectar of the Gods. Here we are after leaving DHS. :D

Coke2013_zpsa87bda57.png

Ariel484

Love it. I want that Epcot view every day! They really need an edge resort like Grand Californian at DLR.

I've been told the Coke craving is a low sodium thing. When I set my PR at DL I wanted one bad! Nectar of the Gods. Here we are after leaving DHS. :D

Coke2013_zpsa87bda57.png
That is awesome! Great picture.

LindsayLoves

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but if you brought your time to the expo to get your corral changed they were being VERY generous with moving people up. I ran a half at a faster pace than my brother ran a 15k and they moved him up to B while I was in C. Using an online pace calculator I should have finished at 4:15 with my time and he was 4:45 predicted finish time. So if you want a good start position stand in line at the expo and get moved up.

Mad Stitch

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but if you brought your time to the expo to get your corral changed they were being VERY generous with moving people up. I ran a half at a faster pace than my brother ran a 15k and they moved him up to B while I was in C. Using an online pace calculator I should have finished at 4:15 with my time and he was 4:45 predicted finish time. So if you want a good start position stand in line at the expo and get moved up.

Yes they were. The corral placement they published said I would be in corral F. I brought my DL time with me and runner services moved me up to corral C. I thought that was too fast and I didn't want to be in anyone's way, so I moved myself back and started out of corral D.

LindsayLoves

Yes they were. The corral placement they published said I would be in corral F. I brought my DL time with me and runner services moved me up to corral C. I thought that was too fast and I didn't want to be in anyone's way, so I moved myself back and started out of corral D.

Yeah I remember you were saying that at the Meet Up, very considerate of you to move yourself back. Its just weird how much it varies between doing it beforehand and waiting for the expo.

Kristia

Yes they definitely were generous! I brought a 10k time that had a pace of 10:30 and they moved us from G to C. We were worried about being with fast runners but that didn't seem to be an issue. There were still a lot of walkers and the crowded course made it tough for anyone to go very fast in parts.

Texas84

Yeah I remember you were saying that at the Meet Up, very considerate of you to move yourself back. Its just weird how much it varies between doing it beforehand and waiting for the expo.
I did read that here. In hindsight I think it was a mistake not to try to move up. Too many walkers and the late start put us in the heat too early. If I don't like my DL corral I'll take a fast 10K time. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom