Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The weather is looking good, isn't it??! What is everyone thinking?

I'm so glad it's going to be in the upper 40s Friday night. And the high for Saturday is predicted to be 71°

Screenshot_20230102-204908.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I'm so glad it's going to be in the upper 40s Friday night. And the high for Saturday is predicted to be 71°

View attachment 689694
Not bad weather for racing, although I’m not looking forward to being in that 75 degree heat once it reaches that on Sunday! (But, as I’ve said before, I’m still grateful it’s not projected in the 80’s like the last couple of in-person marathons).

Apparently the average high in January in Bay Lake is 66F over the last ten years, for my three marathons we’ve had highs of mid-80’s (2020), mid-80’s (2022), and 75-76 (2023). I’m starting to think I’m a jinx 😉

FBBF22A4-085C-4137-B5F6-FD2DD9E5872E.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not bad weather for racing, although I’m not looking forward to being in that 75 degree heat once it reaches that on Sunday! (But, as I’ve said before, I’m still grateful it’s not projected in the 80’s like the last couple of in-person marathons).

Apparently the average high in January in Bay Lake is 66F over the last ten years, for my three marathons we’ve had highs of mid-80’s (2020), mid-80’s (2022), and 75-76 (2023). I’m starting to think I’m a jinx 😉

View attachment 689718

You better not be. 😉

lukacseven

To everyone running this coming weekend at WDW: Good luck and congratulations! Safe travels, stay healthy and most importantly, soak in the atmosphere and have fun. Whether you are a first-timer running the 5K or a Perfectly Dopey runner, there are few other places that offer the experience that runDisney does, so enjoy it!

Demarke

Premium Member
I think I clicked a bit too early and lost a second on refresh for the virtual queue. Group 38 (no idea whether that’s good or bad 😁), how’d everybody else do?

EPCOT has always been a great place for a meet up. Though in 2020 we met, along with a number of the YouTube contributors
on the Boardwalk.

We’ll be in Epcot all day Friday if anyone’s around 😃

pdude81

Vq is a little ugly. It says nobody is eligible if you do the usual clock through. You have to manually add people to the list. Hopefully it moves a lot faster than it says though at 400 mins

Demarke

Premium Member
I may be the only one that cares about this but, in case anyone else is looking for them, the navy Marathon Weekend hats never came in apparently, they have kind of a beige Dopey hat and a generic RunDisney one and some marathon weekend ears. 😃
165431D9-7FCA-462F-9610-602E12ADC964.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom