Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
My race weekend shorts have arrived! I could only find three that were suitable, so I’m trying to decide whether to double up one pair for the 5K/10K or just use a pair of solid color Umbros (which are still a bit of a throwback) for one of them 😃

07EE94C5-BB4C-4BE5-9F80-54811A2F42E9.jpeg

Rteetz

I cannot understand some of the route. Looping more through animal kingdom or even magic kingdom to prevent the ridicilus loop at the water park parking lot would make such a difference.

You're expecting park time, not parking lot time ...
Not much more of MK they could really do, you now go through every land with this change this year. AK they could do more but its tough because they open the park when runners come through there.

Demarke

Premium Member
Not much more of MK they could really do, you now go through every land with this change this year. AK they could do more but its tough because they open the park when runners come through there.
It wouldn’t be quite so bad if they let us run through BB like they did in 2020. I think Typhoon Lagoon was open in 2020 so it made it easier to let runners go through BB during its annual maintenance period when it was closed anyway. I assumed we didn’t run through it in 2022 due to more extensive projects going on at Blizzard Beach and would assume they aren’t letting us run through in 2023 because TL is closed and they plan to have BB open on race day (I can’t wait to see how they pull that off) and you couldn’t have runners racing where water park guests might be getting walkways wet/slippery.

Demarke

Premium Member
They made it work in 2020 🤷‍♂️
I'd take a little less main-4 park time + a short run through of BB vs running a loop of a parking lot.
It wouldn't have to take any park time away from the main 4 parks. Here's the route that went through Blizzard Beach in 2020:
2020 BB route.JPG

And here's the route for 2023. If you take out the unnecessary double back where you run past the entrance and back and take away the big parking lot loop (outlined in yellow), you'd have more than enough distance to do the same route through BB that they did in 2020 (blue dash).
2023 BB route.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom