Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

Ha, I didn't notice that. Hopefully the medals haven't been cast yet. That makes me think of the year that the Cleveland Marathon has the wrong date on the ribbon of the medal.
That's exactly what I thought of too. I didn't even notice the ribbon was wrong until I read it on Facebook a few days later, and now I can't NOT see it.

I would HOPE they haven't cast the medals yet...it's still pretty early, but who knows?!
I suppose if any medal were to have the dates incorrect, you would expect it to be Goofy's. :happy:
That is very true! :hilarious:

In all seriousness though...they'd better get the medals right for the price we're paying to run these things!

FerretAfros

Ha, I didn't notice that. Hopefully the medals haven't been cast yet. That makes me think of the year that the Cleveland Marathon had the wrong date on the ribbon of the medal.
Or at the Minnie 10K last year, where they misspelled "Inaugural" on the bibs, even though it was part of a logo that was used (with correct spelling) in the race program and on the medal :cautious:

Ariel484

Medal proof has been corrected on runDisney's Facebook page! :hilarious:
902701_905899206102709_5091004602802307179_o.jpg

TeddyinMO

Hey guys, I have been reading here for a while but this is my first post. I really want to register for the Half, which would be my first half ever. (It is a goal of mine to run a half for my 40th birthday, and where better than at WDW?) But my wife and I are "working" on having a kid. If she gets pregnant, I likely would have to defer to a future race. So, I have a couple of questions:
1. Can you defer to any runDisney race or just to the next year's version? In other words, could I defer to the 2015 Wine and Dine or only the 2016 Marathon race?
2. How hard is it to apply deferrals to future races?
3. Based on any experience you may have, is it even worth it for me to mess with this or do I just suck it up and wait to register for the 2015 W&D when it goes up next year (I really would like my first half to be at WDW).
Thoughts? Opinions? Any advice would be appreciated!

Ariel484

Tomorrow. Disney Visa is burning a hole in my pocket.
Funny that you posted this! I just logged into the AP site to do a "test run" to make sure I remembered how to find the runDisney link about 10 minutes ago! :hilarious:
Hey guys, I have been reading here for a while but this is my first post. I really want to register for the Half, which would be my first half ever. (It is a goal of mine to run a half for my 40th birthday, and where better than at WDW?) But my wife and I are "working" on having a kid. If she gets pregnant, I likely would have to defer to a future race. So, I have a couple of questions:
Welcome! And...good luck, I think? :)
1. Can you defer to any runDisney race or just to the next year's version? In other words, could I defer to the 2015 Wine and Dine or only the 2016 Marathon race?
You can defer, but it has to be to the same race weekend. From their FAQ page:
Unfortunately, you can only defer to the same weekend the following year. If you would like you can defer to a different distance as long as it is a 10K distance or longer within the same race weekend.
2. How hard is it to apply deferrals to future races?
As far as I know, not hard, but they do have deadlines and you would have to pay a fee. For example, here are the deferral guidelines for the WDW Marathon...I think you just fill out a form and give them your money:
Deferrals
  • If you are currently registered for The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before December 18, 2014.
  • Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by November 20, 2014. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between November 21 and December 18, 2014.Deferrals are not allowed for Disney's Family Fun 5K or runDisney Kids Races.
  • The Deferral link will be available June 1, 2014.
3. Based on any experience you may have, is it even worth it for me to mess with this or do I just suck it up and wait to register for the 2015 W&D when it goes up next year (I really would like my first half to be at WDW).
Thoughts? Opinions? Any advice would be appreciated!
...can't answer this one for you. As you can see, deferring comes at a cost and the races are already expensive enough. If you sign up for the WDW Half when it opens you're spending at least $170...then another $45 at least to defer. That's a good chunk of change.

TeddyinMO

Ariel, Thank you for the quick and very helpful response. I really appreciate it! I think waiting til the 2015 W&D is probably a better option in my case. Thanks again!

Kermit262

We are going to WDW in June 2014, but we ordered our annual passes last week in the hopes of being able to take advantage of the AP early registration for the 2015 Dopey. What we got in the mail yesterday was not our actual passes, but exchange certificates that can be exchanged for passes when we arrive in June. Curses! This means I can't sign up early tomorrow.

For those of you with a crystal ball, any idea if Chase Disney Visa will offer early registration? They did last year but so far there have been no announcements from them.

LindsayLoves

For those of you with a crystal ball, any idea if Chase Disney Visa will offer early registration? They did last year but so far there have been no announcements from them.

There have been no early Visa signups since the last Tink race. They offered a discount code for the DL Half but to the best of my knowledge there was nothing early or discounted for Avengers.

Ariel484

I agree with @LindsayLoves ...I think the days of early Visa registration are over. I tried the discount code for the Wine & Dine Half and it didn't work, so I'm wondering if that discount is getting phased out too.

FYI...when you register for Marathon Weekend, I believe the first 4 digits of your Visa are the discount code. :) I'll be trying it out tomorrow.

Arosebud13

Alright I'm registered for the Goofy's challenge...As an FYI the race retreat package for that is $225 not the $200 they post on the runDisney website

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

Congrats to all those who got in, I will have the pleasure of handing Disney all my money in 6 days..

@Ariel484 - what's the deal with the jacket? I saw it when I was looking at the RW Challenge link, its specifically for marathon weekend?

If anyone was wondering...

Runner's World Challenge - Dopey Challenge - 52% Full

...I imagine that will jump to 100% about 5 minutes after Dopey sells out when its opens to the public

Ariel484

@Ariel484 - what's the deal with the jacket? I saw it when I was looking at the RW Challenge link, its specifically for marathon weekend?
Would you like to purchase a Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend - Commemorative Women's Performance Jacket?

(Commemorative Items can only be picked up at the Packet Pick Up. Items not picked up at Packet Pick Up will not be mailed or refunded.)
Total Max Qty. is 2
Women's Small Qty. @ $80.20 ea.
Woman's Medium Qty. @ $80.20 ea.
Woman's Large Qty. @ $80.20 ea.
Woman's X-Large Qty. @ $80.20 ea.
Woman's XX-Large Qty. @ $80.20 ea.

I passed. Maybe they are really awesome? Who knows. I wouldn't want to spend the money without being able to see it first.
If anyone was wondering...

Runner's World Challenge - Dopey Challenge - 52% Full

...I imagine that will jump to 100% about 5 minutes after Dopey sells out when its opens to the public
I was wondering about this - why do we think they took it away for all of the other events? I also read they took away the preferred corral placement perk, which I FULLY support.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom