Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

OG Runner

Honestly, though take that $525.00 and multiply it by the estimated 7,500 runners expected to sign-up for the Dopey. $393,750.00. Wow! Not to start an arguemnet, but I ran the Marathon this year and nothing related to
these races is or was free.

Kristia

Why do they feel they have to up the price EVERY year? I know....because they can and people will pay it. I have big races at home that haven't raised their prices or raised them very little in the 5 years that I have been running. There is no way I could ever do the Dopey. Over $1000 just in race registrations if both Dan and I ran it. Even the Goofy is getting crazy (not that it wasn't before). I think I am starting to be priced out of the races here unless I just do one race. I really wanted to do the Goofy again in 2016 but it may just be the marathon or....nothing. Not sure. Bummer.

Texas84

Honestly, though take that $525.00 and multiply it by the estimated 7,500 runners expected to sign-up for the Dopey. $393,750.00. Wow! Not to start an arguemnet, but I ran the Marathon this year and nothing related to
these races is or was free.

Doesn't some of that go to charity? I'm not sure.

Why do they feel they have to up the price EVERY year? I know....because they can and people will pay it.

Well, yeah. :D

I'm doing Dopey and I have to travel for a half so next month will be tough. I need to drop 10 more pounds so I just won't eat next month. :hilarious:

Ariel484

Why do they feel they have to up the price EVERY year? I know....because they can and people will pay it.
Ding ding ding!!
Doesn't some of that go to charity? I'm not sure.
YES.
The Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®(LLS), an organization dedicated to the fight against blood cancers. With the support of thousands of volunteers and participants in LLS's Team In Training program, the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend will help blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.

To help celebrate, you can make a donation on active.com.

LLS uses theWalt Disney World® Marathon Weekend as both a platform to create awareness of this life saving cause and to raise much needed funds for research.
I'm doing Dopey and I have to travel for a half so next month will be tough. I need to drop 10 more pounds so I just won't eat next month. :hilarious:
You and me both! :confused: UGHHHH

Kermit262

Can we safely assume the Goofy medal will be special in 2015, since it's the 10th anniversary? I'm thinking of doing it and would like to get a special medal in the process. Thanks.

dreamfinder

Can we safely assume the Goofy medal will be special in 2015, since it's the 10th anniversary? I'm thinking of doing it and would like to get a special medal in the process. Thanks.

Typically, but they have been designing the medals on non anniversary years as well lately, so who knows?

FerretAfros

Would expect that Goofy will get a new medal next year for the anniversary. They've done new medals for all of the 5/10/etc year anniversaries in the past, so I see no reason they would change that. The printed ads for W&D indicated that this will be the 5th anniversary, so it's safe to assume they're still doing special things for anniversaries. With all of the various races/combinations at Marathon Weekend, it would be tough to advertise just one as an anniversary

They may or may not also redo the other medals (I kind of like the trend of making it different each year), since they randomly gave us a new batch of them this year. If they keep the other ones the same, I suspect we'll see a Goofy one that matches the rest, with him in silhouette, running toward the right. For the 2014 races, his was the only medal that didn't really match the others

Ariel484

I sure hope so! I think they threw everyone for a loop when they re-designed so many medals recently, especially Goofy (for the 9th instead of the 10th) and Wine & Dine (for the 4th instead of the 5th).

I was so jealous of this year's Goofy medal. It looked pretty sweet. Can't wait to see what they come up with for this year!

Kermit262

I really liked the Donald anniversary medal from a few years past, and am hoping the Goofy will be just as good. Honestly though, I suppose no matter what the medal looks like I think I'm doing it. My family and I are huge Disney fans and vacation in the parks regularly. I love the idea of getting a souvenir that had to be earned and not just bought. We have a ton of Disney souvenirs and memorabilia, but if I'm right these medals will be most special to me. :)

LindsayLoves

Well if any of you needed convincing runDisney revealed the Goofy medal at a disneymoms event at Disneyland this weekend. Once again they are going with the spinner for the big anniversary race. I am still on the fence about this race because of the $$ but man this medal is wonderful incentive.

goofy_zpsbfa94286.jpg

I stole this from accordingtokelly's instagram feed.

Katherine

Well if any of you needed convincing runDisney revealed the Goofy medal at a disneymoms event at Disneyland this weekend. Once again they are going with the spinner for the big anniversary race. I am still on the fence about this race because of the $$ but man this medal is wonderful incentive.

goofy_zpsbfa94286.jpg

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Kermit262

goofy_zpsbfa94286.jpg

Thanks for posting! The medal is every bit as good as I had hoped! Love the brown and green colors, and the spinner. :)

LindsayLoves

Gah! Thanks for the update, I really like both of them, too bad I didn't opt in soon enough for that W&D beauty... I like that they have the dates of the half and the full on the Goofy medal and the upside down Goofy on the flip side is so fun.

Ariel484

It was pointed out elsewhere that the dates are wrong on the Goofy medal! Oops! :hilarious:

Anyway, AP/DVC registration on Wednesday! My credit card is weeping in anticipation. :greedy:

Mad Stitch

It was pointed out elsewhere that the dates are wrong on the Goofy medal! Oops! :hilarious:

Ha, I didn't notice that. Hopefully the medals haven't been cast yet. That makes me think of the year that the Cleveland Marathon had the wrong date on the ribbon of the medal.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom