Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

pdude81

Guide is live.
Looking at their updated maps carefully and I just don't get looping around the BB parking lot. Between that and the extra circles at Epcot near the start I think we could have done more of DAK , more DHS, or gone down to WWoS rather than extra parking lot loops. They still start the half like that at least where you're feeling mostly alive by the time you run through the castle.

Also, I am not a fan of the finish route that goes backstage behind FW and under Guardians. I much prefer the SSE route. Small complaint.
Same. I really liked just running straight down the spine and around SE before the finish.

surfsupdon

Looking at their updated maps carefully and I just don't get looping around the BB parking lot. Between that and the extra circles at Epcot near the start I think we could have done more of DAK , more DHS, or gone down to WWoS rather than extra parking lot loops. They still start the half like that at least where you're feeling mostly alive by the time you run through the castle.

Same. I really liked just running straight down the spine and around SE before the finish.
Guide is live, yes. But I cannot access the "weekend events" section with maps, transport, etc.

Someone link me please :)

pdude81

I get an error message that my "connection is not private."
Interesting. I don't get that on any browsers I tried. All of the subpages are from the same site, so you'd likely have the same issue.

And if I try to load the site with http instead of https it redirects to the secure version. Perhaps an old ssl certificate is cached in your browser? Hard to say. The certificate updated on 11/29.

Can you try a different browser to see if the same thing happens?

pdude81

"Reminders" section mentions transportation:

REMINDERS

All participants need to pick up their race bibs(s) at the Expo on Wednesday, January 4th with a valid photo ID.

FOR DRIVERS: All runners and spectators need to park at EPCOT.

FOR RESORT GUESTS: Participants and spectators who are staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to use the runDisney event transportation. Participants need to arrive at the EPCOT parking lot on Thursday, January 5th, by 4:00 am.

After Security Check in, Participants have to enter through the staging area within the EPCOT parking lot to access the Start Groups to start the race. Not doing so may cause disqualification.

runDisney will be utilizing Start Groups to follow health and safety guidelines and manage the flow of participants from the staging area to the start of the race.

Your start group designation is a Capital Letter such as A, B, C and is located in the upper corner of your bib.

Race Bib and Start Group Assignment Each participant is assigned a race bib. Please wear the race bib centered on the front of your outermost garment. It is the responsibility of the runner to wear his or her bib during the race, as well as to know the following.

In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm that your bib is:

• Clearly visible on the front of the torso
• Unaltered and unmodified (do not fold, wrinkle or iron)
• Pinned in all 4 corners
• Not covered with shirts, jackets, winter wear, runner belts, water bottles, etc.
• If a participant is seen without his or her bib number while running on the course, he or she will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.
• The letter on your bib will determine your assigned start group. Start groups are assigned based on proof of time provided for the half marathon or your estimated finishing time. Start groups are based on anticipated pace per mile for the 5K and 10K.
• No start group changes will be made at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo.
• Remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the back of the bib.

pdude81

The road closure stuff and transportation times vary a bit depending on the race.

Marathon buses 2:30-4:30, and then 7:30-1:30
Half - 2:30-4:30 and then 6-10:30
10K - 3-5 and then 6:30-9
5K - 3-5 and then 6:30-8:30.

pdude81

Oh now that I'm looking for the 2022 half it looks like we just avoided the construction pit and stayed closer to the center. So confusing having totally different courses that start and end in the same place.

surfsupdon

Do we still think spectators can have free viewing on Main Street? I did not see that posted anywhere.

Also @pdude81 , I can access the entire site on my phone, but still cannot access the Weekend Events section on my school computers/network.

pdude81

Do we still think spectators can have free viewing on Main Street? I did not see that posted anywhere.

Also @pdude81 , I can access the entire site on my phone, but still cannot access the Weekend Events section on my school computers/network.
Interesting. They're only mentioning the start/finish at Epcot in the spectator section. So nothing official I can find here. You might have to email Track Shack for a real answer

surfsupdon

Interesting. They're only mentioning the start/finish at Epcot in the spectator section. So nothing official I can find here. You might have to email Track Shack for a real answer
I have never had a Main Street spectator before, but this year that is changing!! I cannot imagine they would get rid of Main Street viewing, especially with keeping the earlier 5a start.

pdude81

I have never had a Main Street spectator before, but this year that is changing!! I cannot imagine they would get rid of Main Street viewing, especially with keeping the earlier 5a start.
I agree. And the half starts just as early and has people running through there at 4-5 miles. I'd guess it's a yes on both, but hard to say just because the marathon doesn't get there until much later. If the balloon ladies started right at 5 they'd get to main street around 7:30. To me that's enough time to sweep main street before they let people in for early entry.

I only had spectators on main street in 2018 when it was like mile 5 of the marathon, so quite early in the morning. Since then I haven't paid much attention to the spectator info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom