Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm in for my 3th marathon!

And my sister will try dopey, so I get to cheer each day and enjoy the spirit.

I'm so happy we can be there for the 50th, the 30th, (our 30th aswell), but also our first!
And I get to meet all of you, again!

Glad you both got the races you wanted. And it will be wonderful seeing you again and meeting your sister.

Vegas Disney Fan

We got what we wanted but that was crazy.

No rhyme or reason to the queue, we had 4 windows open between the 2 of us, both our 6:45 (earliest) queues were over an hour, our later windows (right before the crash) were both 20-30 minutes… the kicker is after signing up for the 10k I went to the Castaway link and it was immediate, no wait at all despite my 6:45 queue still showing over half an hour.

That was very confusing but we’re very thankful to be some of the lucky ones who got a short wait and the races we wanted.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We got what we wanted but that was crazy.

No rhyme or reason to the queue, we had 4 windows open between the 2 of us, both our 6:45 (earliest) queues were over an hour, our later windows (right before the crash) were both 20-30 minutes… the kicker is after signing up for the 10k I went to the Castaway link and it was immediate, no wait at all despite my 6:45 queue still showing over half an hour.

That was very confusing but we’re very thankful to be some of the lucky ones who got a short wait and the races we wanted.

Because it requires that you also have a cruise booked to register. So that's a BIG commitment for that race.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
143p
Capture.JPG

Greenlawler

Anyone have a link to the charity list?

GKTW is a great charity to run for.

As a perfect Dopey I was already in, so today was just about getting my wife into the Dopey. She and I both joined the queue at 8:45 cst (15 minutes early). When they finally opened registration at 11:30 I was told one hour, she got in within 5 minutes. Glad that is over.

Last year she missed it and ran for GKTW.

LAKid53

Premium Member
GKTW is a great charity to run for.

As a perfect Dopey I was already in, so today was just about getting my wife into the Dopey. She and I both joined the queue at 8:45 cst (15 minutes early). When they finally opened registration at 11:30 I was told one hour, she got in within 5 minutes. Glad that is over.

Last year she missed it and ran for GKTW.

I also recommend GKTW. I signed up to run the 2020 W&D 5K with them before everything got shut down. Great organization.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom