Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Rose&Crown

We still finish coming through World Showcase. As crazy as it seemed, I still enjoyed the course that included Wide World of Sports.
Yes you wound back and forth a bit, but you actually came out of there at about the 20 mile mark and then had getting to Disney Studios in front of you and then onto Epcot. I wish they understood running through the parking lot of a closed water park is not the same.
I was referring to the 10 and half which I’m doing. I don’t get why the 5 goes through but the others don’t. My only guess and I assume this is why, is Remy and the crowds getting back there early in the AM between the skyliner and guests at the international gate. Just a major let down

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was referring to the 10 and half which I’m doing. I don’t get why the 5 goes through but the others don’t. My only guess and I assume this is why, is Remy and the crowds getting back there early in the AM between the skyliner and guests at the international gate. Just a major let down

We went through WS for both the W&D 10K and Half.

Rteetz

The half has never gone through world showcase on this weekend at least not in the last decade.

pdude81

The half has never gone through world showcase on this weekend at least not in the last decade.

When I look back to prior maps it looks like the 10 used to go through WS. I'm truly not sure why they changed this but the half doesn't seem to have gone through there before. This is all new to me and I'm actually kind of excited to see the 5k goes through WS. That sounds like a major cluster* for character meets though.

pdude81

So I got the email this morning and it says they require a digital waiver signature. Go to the document and there is a button to opt out a sign a paper copy :facepalm:.

But lots of interesting stuff I've never read before, such as a provision that if I see any unsafe equipment I am to let a race operator know and refuse to participate until that condition is corrected.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So I got the email this morning and it says they require a digital waiver signature. Go to the document and there is a button to opt out a sign a paper copy :facepalm:.

But lots of interesting stuff I've never read before, such as a provision that if I see any unsafe equipment I am to let a race operator know and refuse to participate until that condition is corrected.

Do not opt out and sign a paper copy. Runners who did for W&D expected to be able to print their waiver at the Expo. Which wasn't available.

lukacseven

I don't recall (going back as far as 2006) the half ever going through WS. The 10K however used to go around WS. Every year the 5K has been at Epcot up until at least 2018, the 5 & 10 ran this course...
256d917db4d8a9f40379c421f44d04d0.jpg

OG Runner

I agree cool, but not too cool. A breeze but not too much of a breeze and if there is one it should always be at our back.
A light cloud cover, so it isn't to sunny, but not so cloudy that it is gloomy. 😃
Honestly as long as it is not the same as 2020 I will be happy. I have told the story a number of times. I ran a half marathon
in December of 2019 in Massachusetts. It was 8 degrees farenheit when we started up to 20 by the finish. About a month later
at WDW it was 75 at 5:00am and 85 and humid when I decided I had had enough.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Let‘s just say at a certain point I regretted throwing away my outer layer. Yes, it did get better once you got moving, but at one point the wind picked up again and I would have been happy for an extra layer.

Like this year's W&D 10K, but without the rain.

OG Runner

I actually enjoyed 2018. My son and I were in short sleeve shirts and shorts surrounded by people in mylar.
The breeze was a bit hard to deal with in the corrals. After that it was all good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom