Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Goofy being sold out before Dopey is baffling.

Am I totally crazy for thinking Goofy was always the last to sell out aside from the marathon?

Skimming the last few years in my availability thread, yeah, Goofy was usually last to sell out. Really think for most people if you are already going the half & full, adding in a few shorter "fun" runs is no different than a few last shakeout training runs. It's really just the early AM that gets you. We will need to see the final numbers, maybe they did less Goofy this year knowing that was the trend.

Rteetz

Skimming the last few years in my availability thread, yeah, Goofy was usually last to sell out. Really think for most people if you are already going the half & full, adding in a few shorter "fun" runs is no different than a few last shakeout training runs. It's really just the early AM that gets you. We will need to see the final numbers, maybe they did less Goofy this year knowing that was the trend.
Goofy the last few years has been very limited to begin with. Frankly I think they would kill off Goofy if they could. I think they keep it mostly for the perfects at this point.

OG Runner

Any opinions on the Marathon course that was used in 2020? I really did not like it.
First the initial loops through Epcot. I didn't mind the actual run through, it was just
odd to be in the corrals, waiting to start, and seeing corral A coming through the
4 mile mark. I also don't like the longer areas with the turn arounds, where you are
heading one way and have a large group heading in the other on the same road.
The anticipation of when you are going to finally reach the turn is tough to deal with.

Rteetz

Any opinions on the Marathon course that was used in 2020? I really did not like it.
First the initial loops through Epcot. I didn't mind the actual run through, it was just
odd to be in the corrals, waiting to start, and seeing corral A coming through the
4 mile mark. I also don't like the longer areas with the turn arounds, where you are
The anticipation of when you are going to finally reach the turn is tough to deal with.
Both courses have pros and cons. I didn’t love the 2020 course that much more than the 2019 course. I did like extra park time tho.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Both courses have pros and cons. I didn’t love the 2020 course that much more than the 2019 course. I did like extra park time tho.
What I've read from past runners is just what @Rteetz was saying, pros and cons... The 2019 course through Sports Complex had too many bends and corners, some people felt it slowed them down and wasn't good on their knees. 2020 route they nixed that but you had to double back after DAK and those in later groups felt the sun's heat on their backs. Some people think there is not enough in the park running and too much road running.
I suppose we'll find out when the course maps come out if they took runners feedback into account for the 2022 courses, that and with what they have to do with avoiding construction areas.

Surferboy567

Following today’s Princess announcement, I decided to bite the bullet and get the 5K for marathon weekend virtually. Marathon weekend appeals to me a little more, not ruling it out totally but has a lower chance.

Now I am in for the 5K, 10K, and Half, I find it dumb their isn’t a challenge for those who don’t run the marathon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom