Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

Posted this over on the main marathon thread but it’s relevant here as well.

Hello Runners,

It sucks that the weekend has been shifted to virtual however their is a sliver lining here. The event is now virtual with some cool bling at better prices! Here is my detailed breakdown and analysis. Not sure if you can sticky this for everyone to see but here you go.

Before we start Disney has two options for pricing: A ”Magic“ one, and a “More Magic” one they are both basically the same minus the shirt.

View attachment 499535

Virtual Walt Disney World 5K:

Magic Option (just medal)- 40

More Magic Option (medal and shirt)- 79

Virtual Walt Disney World 10K:

Magic Option- 49

More Magic- 99

Virtual Walt Disney World Half:

Magic Option- 59

More Magic Option- 118

Virtual Walt Disney World Marathon:

Magic Option- 65

More Magic Option- 120

Virtual Dopey-

Magic Option- 225

More Magic- 275

Virtual Goofy:

Magic Option- 129

More Magic Option-179

More Magic Goofy & Dopey-275

Castaway Challenge

Magic Option- 40

More Magic Option-75

All pictures comes from this Blog Post: https://www.rundisney.com/blog/virtual-wdw-marathon/
Prices come from the runDisney site.

PS: A royal themed version of this is coming to a thread near you soon!

Surferboy567

after seeing the Oswald shirt (green is NOT in my color palate) - I'll be doing medal only

The only one I may do both for is the castaway challenge.

Right now and this could change I am eyeing the Oswald one, and Castaway. May do more not sure...it’s going to be hard to get em when they go up at once. I also plan on doing a princess race which I never thought I would say.

surfsupdon

The medals are cool and all. But I will miss the 2:45am wake ups with breakfast food I strategically bought the day before. Psyching myself up in the room, the walk through the empty hotel lobby to the shuttle bus. The quiet early mornings on the bus, excitement building, and all the fun/nonesense/boredom that happens in the corral waiting for A to blast off. I cannot wait to get a rD weekend back. They truly are the best.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
since I'll probably never do Castaway - unless @LAKid53 lets me hide in her luggage - I should do that virtual too. 🤔
That was my thought, this is probably the only time I’ll ever be able to swing a Castaway Cay medal, so I’ll be doing that. Also, while I’m bummed not to be able to go to a live race, I really like that they reduced the prices and you don’t have to get a million t-shirts (or any) if you are doing a challenge or multiple races.

Rose&Crown

I too will miss the early morning wake up and the hotel staff looking at me like I’m nuts. Or showing up to WWOS super excited. This is a bummer for sure. I’ll prob cancel and if anything rebook the half later. Disney gift card doesn’t do much for me.

Surferboy567

Quick Question: can you check out for multiple races at once? Can I buy individual Marathon and Princess races at the same time? So I can avoid queues?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wouldn't. I have signed-up for the Star Wars Half in April of 2021. My GF and I have already decided, even if it goes virtual we are
still going on vacation.

I bet we get THAT email next month. I got 2 emails today - Marathon and Princess. ☹️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom