News Walt Disney World introduces new Disney Weekday Magic Ticket

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
And providing offers to specific types of guests is wrong because. . .? They, along with every other theme park in existence does this.
Nothing wrong with that. But when their other guests get ticked off because of it and decide to not come back....then what?

JohnD

It's being able to look at a bigger picture.

Suddenly AP Holders and Florida Residents matter.
Note the numerous hotel offers and discount percentages. No more Disney+ discount nonsense, You have a pre-pandemic style discount structure and a dining incentive option.
Guest Retention initiatives (the ones that try to salvage guests relationships)at an all time high.
And to round it off, DVC is sucking wind.
My reply would be, "No sh**, Sherlock." The holiday season is over. Now it's time for the yearly AP and FR resort and ticket discounts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nothing wrong with that. But when their other guests get ticked off because of it and decide to not come back....then what?
Someone tell El stuper that them showing any desire to lure locals back - after 6 years of mandates they “won’t be doing that anymore” behind the scenes (which they have) is an incredibly bad sign for the trades.

JohnD

Well, that's on the other guests. These offers are made at the same time every year. I don't understand you're going.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, that's on the other guests. These offers are made at the same time every year. I don't understand you're going.
You’re not gonna get indignant like when you were complaining about how the biggest, most damaging storm in Florida in 30 Years traveling I4 was impacting your park reservations, are you?

I think that was you…
…i just need to know if I need to get the extra thick rubber gloves for this thread? 👍🏻

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
My reply would be, "No sh**, Sherlock." The holiday season is over. Now it's time for the yearly AP and FR resort and ticket discounts.
Your mistake is that you're equating the busy periods of the entire year with the one week between Xmas and New Years.

That's not how it works and you know it.

Disney has different capacity projections for the first week of February versus the Christmas or Thanksgiving week.

Based on that they'll adjust pricing accordingly to meet those projections. Seems like the larger discounts than they had in recent years along with other incentives such as dining indicate that they won't be matching the projections for the same time last year.

Drdcm

That other site is reporting food price increases. Could have sworn that happened in the past but can be wrong.
I’m relatively new and keep seeing this “other site” pop up that is apparently banned. I’d like to know if this site you refer to is the same site I absolutely despise but don’t see any reference in the rules. Any clues?

Figments Friend

1999-2000 was the zenith of the property…I’ll entertain any arguments to the contrary with compelling case study to support
Can’t be.
1998 saw the closing of one of THE best Park experiences ever created - The Original ‘Journey Into Imagination’.

Edit: I see I am not alone in noticing this….
😎
-

Drdcm

We can’t speak its name, but it generally covers Walt Disney World news. Today, and every day.
I thought so! I knew there was a reason I liked this place. They are the reason I started to engage more with this site. The final straw for me was when they started posting articles making fun of people with severe mental illness.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So they are again desperate to bring back the locals because of a perceived attendance slow down to prop everything back up?

After the ---- they gave to locals and DVC with the horrendous new APs and Park Pass and hopping limitations...

At what point do people become wise to this and say no more?

I wonder that constantly myself. WDW has become a caricature of itself over the last three years. I'm just not surprised at the latest stunts they've pulled.

And yet, the band played on...
1673962224403.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The real “issue”…for them and us…is that the management is transitory now

Bob doesn’t care if he gets fired in 2 years…as long as he extracts compensation up until that day…

…the management makes them susceptible to even MORE whim of the short sighted on Wall Street. No checks and balances…which opens them up to catastrophic long term mistakes.
…this aged much better than I had hoped it would

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom