Walt Disney World Inside Out

DonickCo

Originally posted by thumper
I just had another flashback...wasn't there a special on the Disney Channel a long time ago and it was to introduce EPCOT (early 80's)? The hosts were a very young Drew Barrymore and an older gentleman (can't remember who it was). Does anyone remember that show? I don't believe it was a series..just a one-time deal showing you all around EPCOT.:)

i have it on tape some where. its great.

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Originally posted by thumper
I just had another flashback...wasn't there a special on the Disney Channel a long time ago and it was to introduce EPCOT (early 80's)? The hosts were a very young Drew Barrymore and an older gentleman (can't remember who it was). Does anyone remember that show? I don't believe it was a series..just a one-time deal showing you all around EPCOT.:)

I remember it!!! The person was Danny Kaye. Every now and then they show it very late at night on Disney Channel during the time they usualy show Walt Disney Presents.

brycedisney

Inside Out

I know WHY did they take that show off? I watched it every week.I used to like the disney channel when they actually had stuff about disney world.Now they have Zoog Disney and there's nothing good on that except like Boy Meets World.

Goofette

Re: Inside Out

Originally posted by brycedisney
I know WHY did they take that show off? I watched it every week.I used to like the disney channel when they actually had stuff about disney world.Now they have Zoog Disney and there's nothing good on that except like Boy Meets World.

I Despise "Zoog" Disney. I can't even stand the name. It just really irritates me for some reason. Why did they name it Zoog Disney? My DD is even tired of hearing "Next On ZOOG Disney". They do have some good shows on Late, Late at night. I wish they had Disney for kids (sort of like toon Disney) and Disney for Adults. There are so many adult fans, I bet they would do great with Some of the Classic shows for us.

demar

"Inside Out"

I also loved "Inside Out". I have always wondered why it was taken off the
air. I looked forward to watching it weekly and even taped every episode. It was my Disney "fix" for the week. We get the Disney channel and never is
there any programs about the parks.....they didn't even televise the Easter parade this year.:mad: I think Disney is slipping a bit and they should shape up so everyone gets enthusiastic about it again!!!

demar

Disney Channel

Does anyone know if there are ever any programs on the Disney Channel regarding the parks, etc. at Walt Disney World:confused:

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Re: Re: Inside Out

Originally posted by Goofette

I Despise "Zoog" Disney. I can't even stand the name. It just really irritates me for some reason. Why did they name it Zoog Disney? My DD is even tired of hearing "Next On ZOOG Disney". They do have some good shows on Late, Late at night. I wish they had Disney for kids (sort of like toon Disney) and Disney for Adults. There are so many adult fans, I bet they would do great with Some of the Classic shows for us.

They should have some type of channel with the older Disney shows. They could call it Disneyland (like TV Land and Nick-at-Night). I would enjoy it more than that stupid Zoog Disney they have now.

Originally posted by demar

Does anyone know if there are ever any programs on the Disney Channel regarding the parks, etc. at Walt Disney World

There is no show about WDW on any channel at this time. Disney Channel sometimes has Walt Disney Presents that has WDW or Disneyland from a long time ago. I guess all us WDW geeks only have old shows and the WDW planning video. :lol:

Does anyone know if there are websites or videos to download on the net about Inside-Out?

DisneyWorld30th

I started a website last year called "Bring Back Disney World - Inside Out". It was very popular and I received a few messages from fans. It was an information page on how to contact the Disney Channel and complain about the programming. Here are the details:

Disney Channel E-Mail
http://disney.go.com/mail/disneychannel/index.html

Disney Channel Mailing Address
Disney Channel
ATTN: Programming
3800 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505

Disney Channel Phone Number
(818) 569-7500

The above info was correct as of August 2000. Drop them a message and let them know you want this changed. Good Luck!!

DisneyWorld30th

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
What is the web address of you website??? That is if it is still up.

My site has been down for a few months. I got married, built a home and changed ISP's. Now that everthing is settled, I hope to have the site back up and running by May. I will let everyone know when it comes up.

prberk

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Many things are filmed at WDW. It could have been the show Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Full House, Inside-Out, or anyone of tons of movies filmed in WDW parks like the movies Thunder in Paradise parts 2 and 3.

Also, the Leonardo DiCaprio/Meryl Streep feature film drama called "Marvin's Room" was filmed entirely at the Disney Studios at WDW, and even has a scene where they go on a vacation day to the Magic Kingdom. (Not to mention a somewhat infamous line among WDW fans where DiCaprio's character is pitching a fit about the trip and says he doesn't "give a [crap] about Disney World"!) It is available on video.

But also, I would like to know what "Thunder In Paradise" is. Is it a regular movie, available on video?

I too think they should bring back the "WDW Inside Out" show. It was a perfect "free advertising" venue for the company that also made a fun little show!

Finally, I don't know why they don't produce the Mickey Mouse Club or some other live shows at Walt Disney World. They are a daily reminder of how much fun WDW is, similar to what Walt used to vault his Disneyland park to national attention by showcasing it on his weekly show. And, besides, after Britney and Justin and others, people may look to a new MMC to see the next generation of rising starlets!

Pioneer Hall

I wrote an extremely long email to TDC and you know what I got??? The dumbest response I ever heard...This was it...

Thank You for your comments, we hope you continue to enjoy our programing.

I ALMOST DIED FROM SHOCK AND LAUGHTER!!

Why would I write a huge email complaining about the channel if I liked the programing? I was so mad, but I realized that if I wrote another email I would probably get the same thing.

Point is...You have a better chance getting a good response from a brick wall than you do getting a good one from TDC.

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
LOL. Sending Disney mail and having something happen is pointless. :brick:

Thunder in Paradise was a show from the early 90's on ABC. It was on for about 2 1/2 years. It was about two ex-navy seals (Hulk Hogan and Chris Lemmon) who build a superboat called "Thunder". They rescue people from places like Cuba and Morraco. The second and third "seasons" were filmed in WDW. The first was filmed at the Don Cesar Resort in Southern FL. They filmed parts at World Showcase (Canada and Morraco) and Discovey Island, Bay Lake, Grand Floridian Resort, and MGM.
All of them are good. You can buy the 3 video tapes on places like E-Bay.

Dave Filing

Does anyone remember a tv show that came on Disney Channel called Walt Disney World Inside-Out? It was hosted by J.D. Roth and Breian Leary and guest host George Forman. They would show all about WDW and a few times, Disneyland. It went off the air about a year after Blizzard Beach opened. Does anyone know what happened to it? I loved that show. It reminded me of how much I missed WDW and then about five minutes later I would book my next trip. They should come back with the show again because WDW has changed so much since then.
I highly agree. I watched that show evey day that it was on. Of course, I am a Disney freak and am fascinated by the backstage workings. I also loved Vault Disney. I wish they would bring them both back. They bring back memories of the four times I worked there; either as a Stage Technician or Electrician. I am now almost 72 years old. It just goes to prove that Disney appeals to the kid in all of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom