News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

DisneyDreamer08

A cast choir sounds like an excellent change. We saw this once years ago expecting professional singers. Most of the kids on stage looked miserable. Some weren’t even singing. We didn’t realize they used local schools so we were very confused as to what was happening.

Namaari

Crossing my fingers for John Stamos to return as one of the narrators. My family and I were seated a couple of tables away from him and his family at Rose and Crown in 2018. Didn't have the nerve to go up to him at the time, but he was the highlight of our dinner for sure 😍

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Since all these performers – including cast members, musicians, singers, and narrators – will be required to be fully vaccinated, this year we are not planning to host choirs from different community groups and schools. Instead, to maintain the grandeur of the performance, we are expanding our cast member choir to fill the stage with voices. We’re optimistic that the guest choirs will be able to rejoin us next year for this special holiday opportunity.

We didn’t want to wait another minute to tell you this exciting news. Of course, we’re still working to confirm the schedule of celebrity narrators and details about “Candlelight Processional” Dining Packages, so stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog. We’ll share all the information with you as soon as it’s available. "

Without the youth guest choirs, there's going to be a lot less fainting, tho.

TYOTimer

Crossing my fingers for John Stamos to return as one of the narrators. My family and I were seated a couple of tables away from him and his family at Rose and Crown in 2018. Didn't have the nerve to go up to him at the time, but he was the highlight of our dinner for sure 😍
Give me Stamos and NPH (granted that’s almost a given with this) and I’ll happily go

A cast choir sounds like an excellent change. We saw this once years ago expecting professional singers. Most of the kids on stage looked miserable. Some weren’t even singing. We didn’t realize they used local schools so we were very confused as to what was happening.
I'm disappointed that the kids will not be able to perform. This was a huge highlight for many of them. Most of the kids were not miserable at all, they were just a little nervous.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The majority of the cast choir aren’t “professional singers.” They’re cast members that work in different areas of the parks who auditioned and committed to the mandatory rehearsals. The “professional singers” aka the Voices of Liberty, make up a very small percentage of the onstage choir.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

The majority of the cast choir aren’t “professional singers.” They’re cast members that work in different areas of the parks who auditioned and committed to the mandatory rehearsals. The “professional singers” aka the Voices of Liberty, made up a very small percentage of the onstage choir.
Yes, I guess by professional, I meant willing and able to sing. And happy and excited about it. The one time we saw the show was 2014. I didn’t research it much, I just knew it was highly recommended. The high school kids clearly didn’t want to be there. Some weren’t singing, had scowls on their faces. One had her arms crossed the whole time. It just wasn’t what I was expecting. We paid extra for the dining package and between that and the lack of seating, we didn’t feel it was worth it.

sup

Wonder how they are going to have different tones together and social distance without masks... Think we could have parades and meet and greets just as easy... But then again that would be adding to the magic and we all know greedy man chapek does not want any magic. So that probably not happening.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Casting call out for some Holiday entertainment in EPCOT-

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 2.47.58 PM.png

castlecake2.0

I’d say a different Santa in each country, but that’s a bygone time
They just released casting calls for some of these performers, and with Alberta Bound returning to Canada Im assuming they’ll transition into the holiday voyageurs. I’m hoping the other countries already have performers lined up from previous years and that’s why they’re not on the casting call.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Wonder how they are going to have different tones together and social distance without masks... Think we could have parades and meet and greets just as easy... But then again that would be adding to the magic and we all know greedy man chapek does not want any magic. So that probably not happening.

There's a lot to criticize Chapek for, but both of these are not valid critiques. The parade situation in particular is because of the labor shortage. And in regards to meet and greets, my guess is that the choir was deemed fine because company policy would have everyone in the choir vaccinated, but with a meet and greet you can't tell who is vaccinated and who isn't. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom