News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

dreday3

Full menus for the 2021 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays kiosks at Walt Disney World​

I'm pretty sure I single-handedly ordered the fig cocktail in Morocco enough times during Food/Wine trip to ensure it stayed on the menu for Festival of the Holidays.

You're welcome.

wendysue

Welp. We didn't book anything this year. Likely won't until they get live entertainment back. I had forgotten about the trams not running. Our line in the sand has been the Trolley Show, CoH and WDWRR. Adding the trams to that list now.

I'm curious on how many in the current crowds are APs. Are renewals going to be down when that comes around? Seems people talk a big game about the value. I'm surprised how few are following through with cancelling their APs. Until Disney sees a large downturn at the gates, they'll continue with the cuts since no one is really serious about their complaints.
How do you know that people aren't following through with canceling their AP's? We are letting ours expire the first week of January. The main reason for us was the cancelation of luggage service and Magical Express. We loved dropping luggage off at the Skycap at O'Hare and not dealing with it again until we got into our room. Now if we have to take care of our luggage AND transportation to the resort and have sky high room prices, we may as well go other places. Also, with the excessive need to plan so far ahead and pick rides, food, reserve parks, LL, Genie and the other shenanigans it just isn't worth it.

TikibirdLand

How do you know that people aren't following through with canceling their AP's? We are letting ours expire the first week of January. The main reason for us was the cancelation of luggage service and Magical Express. We loved dropping luggage off at the Skycap at O'Hare and not dealing with it again until we got into our room. Now if we have to take care of our luggage AND transportation to the resort and have sky high room prices, we may as well go other places. Also, with the excessive need to plan so far ahead and pick rides, food, reserve parks, LL, Genie and the other shenanigans it just isn't worth it.
I don't. I'm a complete outsider. Parks are busier than ever. Comments from the boards I see here don't indicate many are cancelling. But, what do I know? People here are addicted to Disney and cancelling would be akin to going cold turkey. Maybe the sample I've been observing are outliers?

wendysue

I don't. I'm a complete outsider. Parks are busier than ever. Comments from the boards I see here don't indicate many are cancelling. But, what do I know? People here are addicted to Disney and cancelling would be akin to going cold turkey. Maybe the sample I've been observing are outliers?
I agree about your comment regarding the Disney addiction. I had one for many years but now I've canceled everything and will let AP's expire in Jan. Feels weird not planning a Disney trip but am really happy for the extra couple thousand dollars in my account. :joyfull:

castlecake2.0

It’s property wide. This is the second year in a row.

Resort restaurants had their decor drastically cut down to near nothing around 2002. But then finally around 2017 they received a huge upgrade and nearly every restaurant received a great new decor package. Last year non of that was installed. Obviously Covid could be blamed then. This year it continues and none of the resort restaurants and many of the park restaurants are not receiving their decor packages. It is unacceptable. Especially because for some resorts this means a huge reduction in overall decor. Everyone needs to complain.
Laughed at Caribbean Beach tonight, somehow there’s budget to decorate the directional signs around the perimeter road but then zero decorations in Sebastian’s or the bar. Still haven’t heard back from my email.

peter11435

Laughed at Caribbean Beach tonight, somehow there’s budget to decorate the directional signs around the perimeter road but then zero decorations in Sebastian’s or the bar. Still haven’t heard back from my email.
Careful, don’t give them ideas for things to cut next year.

Ironically CBR did receive the full decor package for its food court. I believe it’s the only resort dining space that was decorated

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

A look at the holiday decor at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure in EPCOT​

Ratatouille_Full_45480.jpg

jrhwdw

Saw on Twitter that there's a new SSE Holiday Light Show! Along with the 50th Beacon Of Magic! I'm guesting We won't see the Reg Epcot Show till NYE?

Also, are there any Cavalcades this year? I haven't seen any on YT Streams this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom