News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

Magic Feather

A look at the new physically distanced Santa Claus meet and greet area at Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs​

disney-springs_Full_45267.jpg
This is horrible. Not the decor (which isn’t great but it looks fine all things considered) as others have complained, but the positioning. Why is this in the center of an active store taking up the majority of the space. It’s not like there are two currently unused facilities in the same building that not only could accommodate this, but accommodate a set up with multiple rooms to up capacity.

aladdin2007

This is horrible. Not the decor (which isn’t great but it looks fine all things considered) as others have complained, but the positioning. Why is this in the center of an active store taking up the majority of the space. It’s not like there are two currently unused facilities in the same building that not only could accommodate this, but accommodate a set up with multiple rooms to up capacity.
Things are really getting dire with the decisions they are making anymore, have they turned over an all new local management that's clueless?

castlecake2.0

Things are really getting dire with the decisions they are making anymore, have they turned over an all new local management that's clueless?
I think that’s it, a lot of leaders left during the pandemic and didn’t come back. With the hiring issues a lot of people have been stepped up into roles they shouldn’t be in because they need bodies. It is easy to spot, this being a prime example. I feel we have a messy couple years ahead.

JustInTime

It’s property wide. This is the second year in a row.

Resort restaurants had their decor drastically cut down to near nothing around 2002. But then finally around 2017 they received a huge upgrade and nearly every restaurant received a great new decor package. Last year non of that was installed. Obviously Covid could be blamed then. This year it continues and none of the resort restaurants and many of the park restaurants are not receiving their decor packages. It is unacceptable. Especially because for some resorts this means a huge reduction in overall decor. Everyone needs to complain.
I honestly don’t remember restaurants being decorated but this is sad.

castlecake2.0

Well from 2002-2016 they pretty much weren’t. Now we are back to that again.

Although this time it’s even worse since decorations are missing from many park restaurants in addition to resorts
My location at Epcot was always decorated, which we looked forward to as it added some cheer to a rather dreary basement.

ToTBellHop

It’s disgusting not to put out decor you literally have in storage. Many recent decisions specific to WDW, in particular, boggle my mind. Why are they treating their flagship property like this during its biggest celebration? WDW was an important crutch for this company during the pandemic (because it could stay open for most of it and had the highest capacity) and they take it (and its guests) for granted. It’s a real shame.

peter11435

It’s disgusting not to put out decor you literally have in storage. Many recent decisions specific to WDW, in particular, boggle my mind. Why are they treating their flagship property like this during its biggest celebration? WDW was an important crutch for this company during the pandemic (because it could stay open for most of it and had the highest capacity) and they take it (and its guests) for granted. It’s a real shame.
I agree it’s disgusting. Although they likely don’t have the decor in storage. The decor is typically replaced every 4-5 years. Since nearly all of the decor in question was added/replaced in 2016 it likely was not kept after the 2019 season because it was expected to be replaced. Then Covid hit and that never happened. Still unacceptable.

SoFloMagic

Don't they take it for granted because people still show up? I mean everyone talks a big game about wanting trams, but the parks are still filled.

NOT condoning their behavior BTW, it just seems people are spending more despite being less happy. I for one am spending much less money in the park as I'm spending a bit more on my AP and am not a fan of that. It's a net loss for them and I hope they know that.

TikibirdLand

Don't they take it for granted because people still show up? I mean everyone talks a big game about wanting trams, but the parks are still filled.

NOT condoning their behavior BTW, it just seems people are spending more despite being less happy. I for one am spending much less money in the park as I'm spending a bit more on my AP and am not a fan of that. It's a net loss for them and I hope they know that.
Welp. We didn't book anything this year. Likely won't until they get live entertainment back. I had forgotten about the trams not running. Our line in the sand has been the Trolley Show, CoH and WDWRR. Adding the trams to that list now.

I'm curious on how many in the current crowds are APs. Are renewals going to be down when that comes around? Seems people talk a big game about the value. I'm surprised how few are following through with cancelling their APs. Until Disney sees a large downturn at the gates, they'll continue with the cuts since no one is really serious about their complaints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom