News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

peter11435

None of the restaurants were decorated at the Contemporary tonight, is that normal?
It’s property wide. This is the second year in a row.

Resort restaurants had their decor drastically cut down to near nothing around 2002. But then finally around 2017 they received a huge upgrade and nearly every restaurant received a great new decor package. Last year non of that was installed. Obviously Covid could be blamed then. This year it continues and none of the resort restaurants and many of the park restaurants are not receiving their decor packages. It is unacceptable. Especially because for some resorts this means a huge reduction in overall decor. Everyone needs to complain.

castlecake2.0

Resort restaurants had their decor drastically cut down to near nothing around 2002. But then finally around 2017 they received a huge upgrade and nearly every restaurant received a great new decor package. Last year non of that was installed. Obviously Covid could be blamed then. This year it continues and none of the resort restaurants and many of the park restaurants are not receiving their decor packages. It is unacceptable. Especially because for some resorts this means a huge reduction in overall decor. Everyone needs to complain.
When will Chapek stop acting like he detests owning and operating theme parks?

I will definitely be writing in. If anyone wants to join:

guest.services@disneyworld.com

aladdin2007

wait so no decor in the wilderness lodge either? oh no way, they will def be hearing about it from me, and others I imagine, hopefully.

castlecake2.0

wait so no decor in the wilderness lodge either? oh no way, they will def be hearing about it from me, and others I imagine, hopefully.
They decorated the lobby, but nothing past that. It is incredibly noticeable in certain resorts. I was at Contemporary yesterday and other than the check in area you wouldn’t know it’s Christmas/holidays

castlecake2.0

@wdwmagic this feels like it could be a news story to attract attention to the issue

peter11435

We are talking about restaurants. All of the decor that is usually present outside, in the lobby, and in merchandise locations will be present. But the decor that is usually at whispering canyon, geyser point, and roaring fork will be missing.

castlecake2.0

We are talking about restaurants. All of the decor that is usually present outside, in the lobby, and in merchandise locations will be present. But the decor that is usually at whispering canyon, geyser point, and roaring fork will be missing.
Just seems so lazy. If they want to reduce work load then redesign the decor package for easier install. Maybe just some trees you can throw down and plug in that doesn’t require as much set up as wreaths and garland. It is VERY noticeably lacking and not lost on the guests that they cheaped out on this.

peter11435

Just seems so lazy. If they want to reduce work load then redesign the decor package for easier install. Maybe just some trees you can throw down and plug in that doesn’t require as much set up as wreaths and garland. It is VERY noticeably lacking and not lost on the guests that they cheaped out on this.
I don’t think it’s an issue of laziness. No doubt the holiday services team and it’s leadership wants to decorate everything and more. It’s not thebeing lazy it’s those above them being cheap.

aladdin2007

I don’t think it’s an issue of laziness. No doubt the holiday services team and it’s leadership wants to decorate everything and more. It’s not thebeing lazy it’s those above them being cheap.
and yet if we complain they will just respond that its due to covid and not having enough cast. I can hear it already.

castlecake2.0

Absolutely. I didnt mean to bring HS down, they do a tremendous job. I meant it lazy of the upper upper mgmt to just scrap something all together. I feel 99% of the cutbacks/downgrades happening are hated by park leadership as much as the guests, but they can’t do anything about it it except follow orders. I’ve been in that situation too, I want to be able to do better but the word from high shuts it down. This is when cast and guests have to get vocal and (courteously) push back.

castlecake2.0

and yet if we complain they will just respond that its due to covid and not having enough cast. I can hear it already.
That’s what the person writing back will have to say most likely, but the feedback will still get passed on to someone with decision making power, it just depends on if they’re brave enough to take action.

aladdin2007

Absolutely. I didnt mean to bring HS down, they do a tremendous job. I meant it lazy of the upper upper mgmt to just scrap something all together. I feel 99% of the cutbacks/downgrades happening are hated by park leadership as much as the guests, but they can’t do anything about it it except follow orders. I’ve been in that situation too, I want to be able to do better but the word from high shuts it down. This is when cast and guests have to get vocal and (courteously) push back.
were considering canceling thanksgiving now at whispering, family isnt happy. I dont know. it wont make a dent, that reservation would get filled instantly.

aladdin2007

I'd also like to contact the individual resorts management directly. they may not have say so but they need to hear about it and then maybe they can also pass on thoughts. every resort has a GM of some kind right?

castlecake2.0

I'd also like to contact the individual resorts management directly. they may not have say so but they need to hear about it and then maybe they can also pass on thoughts. every resort has a GM of some kind right?
They used to leave a letter in the rooms with an email for each resort. Standby I’ll be back.

Brian

Yes, you will get a canned response to that effect. However, all guest feedback, negative, neutral, or positive is tagged as such, alongside the topic you are writing about.

From time to time, everyone from lower management to executive level gets reports on topics related to them, and can certainly request feedback regarding a certain topic on an as needed basis. While your specific comment might not be part of that report (as most of the time this stuff is reported in aggregate), the number of negatives, if enough people wrote in, would stand out and warrant further inquiry, including requesting the "verbatims."

PS: the WDW.GM.etc emails are a shared inbox with the duty managers of the resort and the GM themself. You are more likely to get a somewhat more personal response than the guest.services@disneyworld.com, as they do not typically get a ton of complaints about the same thing to warrant having canned responses.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Unrelated but back to the news of the Muppets at Disneyland's Merriest Nights, it's only 6 nights , while they can reuse it obviously, they (seemingly) developed and introduced this for a 6 night occasion. And we're begging for scraps on this coast...
Maybe we will get treated better when WDI is all over on this coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom