Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

bwr827

It does not…because I just told you why and you shot past

You cant carve out a 4 hour block from what is a significant disposable outlay and compartmentalize it.

Only sycophants try.

I used to work in pricing tactics in a swamp…by the way.

I didnt read it on reddit
Just need to broaden your thinking. Or not. I explained, others will find use, moving on.

Thumper 32

There are 25 Christmas Parties in 50 days at Magic Kingdom. The most popular park at WDW closes early 50% of the time. This is nuts.
Someone please fact check me, but pretty sure this is the most party nights during Thanksgiving week ever. They used to have no parties that whole week due to “peak holiday attendance”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone please fact check me, but pretty sure this is the most party nights during Thanksgiving week ever. They used to have no parties that whole week due to “peak holiday attendance”

In the past, yes. Tho, this year, Thanksgiving is on the second to last day of November. And the last full week of November normally gets four Party Nights. There's also one extra Party Night in November this coming year.

In 2022, counting Sunday as the beginning of the week:
  • Week of Nov 6: Three nights: Tue, Thur, Fri
  • Week of Nov 13: Four nights: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
  • Week of Nov 20: Two nights: Sun, Tue
    • None on Thursday, Thanksgiving, only 2 during Thanksgiving Week
  • Week of Nov 27: Three nights: Sun, Tue, Thu, Fri

In 2023, counting Sunday as the beginning of the week:
  • Week of Nov 5: Two nights: Thu, Fri
  • Week of Nov 12: Four nights: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
  • Week of Nov 19: Two nights: Sun, Wed
    • None on Thursday, Thanksgiving, only 2 during Thanksgiving Week
  • Week of Nov 26: Four nights: Sun, Tue, Thu, Fri

In 2024, counting Sunday as the beginning of the week:
  • Week of Nov 3: One night: Fri
  • Week of Nov 10: Four nights: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
  • Week of Nov 17: Four nights: Sun, Tue, Thu, Fri
  • Week of Nov 24: Four nights: Sun, Tue, Wed, Fri
    • None on Thursday, Thanksgiving, 4 during Thanksgiving Week

C33Mom

I am actually surprised they don’t have more Jollywood nights during that final week of Nov— great opportunity to collect $$ from Sorcerers Passholders who are shut out much of the week.

bwr827

Those who’ve attended past parties, which option allows better ride access?

1. MK non-party park day with Genie+, rope drop, mid-afternoon hotel break, and evening finish

2. Very Merry Christmas Party, with fireworks the only entertainment priority (the rest rides)

C33Mom

1. MK non-party park day with Genie+, rope drop, mid-afternoon hotel break, and evening finish

2. Very Merry Christmas Party, with fireworks the only entertainment priority (the rest rides)
Are you planning to have park hoppers? I haven’t done this but my favorite blogger says that you want to got MK *on the party day* because it’s much lower crowd levels since it’s a short day— if you have a hopper you can switch to EPCOT or DHS after mid-day break. Same blogger says that MK non-party days are nuts (especially during the times of the year when there are 3+parties a week!) so I vote not 1. Our family would choose 2 over a MK day whether party or non-party day, if we had to choose.

bwr827

Are you planning to have park hoppers? I haven’t done this but my favorite blogger says that you want to got MK *on the party day* because it’s much lower crowd levels since it’s a short day— if you have a hopper you can switch to EPCOT or DHS after mid-day break. Same blogger says that MK non-party days are nuts (especially during the times of the year when there are 3+parties a week!) so I vote not 1. Our family would choose 2 over a MK day whether party or non-party day, if we had to choose.
No hoppers this time (and we’re only doing 3 park days so we can’t get the free hopper deal). Good point about busy levels on non-party days at MK; that makes sense.

easyrowrdw

We have not done parties, but we have gotten a lot done on party days. It was even better with FP+ but it’s still been ok with G+. A mid-afternoon break gets tricky if you have to leave at 6:00 though. And with parties at HS too planning a trip during Christmas time just gets more complicated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

If y'all able to stay up to Midnight, #2.

You get into the parks at 4 PM (It's a mad crush of crowd from 3:30 to 4:15p, so, plan to arrive after 4:15p). So, that's 8 hours in the park.

The fireworks for the Party are really, really good. You don't need to get close to the castle to watch the projections... there are no characters, just graphic designs.

The parade is top notch. Grab a spot in Frontierland (where the parade starts). Go to the second parade, the first gets crowded.

The castle show is skippable unless you have little kids that would like to see Mickey and friends 'live.'

Most rides are walk-ons. Tho, 7 Dwarfs may still be 20 minutes.

Bonus: you're not in the heat of the day.

Tip: get a dining reservation at a monorail resort restaurant for about 2p. Then casually head to MK when done. Touring those resorts Christmas decorations is nice, too.

CampbellzSoup

What is the appeal of Jollywood last year was a hot mess and I don’t see an improvement this year an ice skating show that sea world had for years?

That’s what they took from the feedback from last year…? My event got rained out last year but I’m thankful I got my money back as I bought the tickets well in advance. For those of you who enjoy …that. Enjoy!

Tony the Tigger

What is the appeal of Jollywood last year was a hot mess and I don’t see an improvement this year an ice skating show that sea world had for years?

That’s what they took from the feedback from last year…? My event got rained out last year but I’m thankful I got my money back as I bought the tickets well in advance. For those of you who enjoy …that. Enjoy!
You’re blaming them for rain in Florida now?

JD80

#2 easily.

Now everyone will have park hoppers anyway.

Tony the Tigger

If that’s what you took from what he said, I don’t know how anyone can help you.
Keep your condescension to yourself.

You can’t call an event a hot mess if you didn’t experience it because it got rained out.

That’s like saying you hate a movie you haven’t seen or trashing a ride you haven’t been on.

bmr1591

Original Poster
Keep your condescension to yourself.

You can’t call an event a hot mess if you didn’t experience it because it got rained out.

That’s like saying you hate a movie you haven’t seen or trashing a ride you haven’t been on.

He said nothing about blaming them for the rain. In fact, he said he was glad rain hit because he got his money back. And you posted that he was blaming them for the rain in Florida. His post had nothing to do with rain in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom