News Walt Disney World Holiday Events 2023

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The Guest Favorite Park Pass System strikes again!

I see that Disney has once again returned to making sure that the unfavorable guest mix of unprofitable AP holders doesn't contaminate their P&L statements for December. Most Locals will be locked out for the last half of December anyway, so why not accelerate the process?

JohnD

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort debuts new holiday attractions, including Elf Outpost and Tales from the North Pole​

I don't know why I thought the photo of the ribbon around the resort buildings was real 🤦‍♂️I clearly haven't had enough coffee.

Purduevian

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort debuts new holiday attractions, including Elf Outpost and Tales from the North Pole​

Experienced part of this a few weeks ago and they did a great job.

1) The bridge that spans between the 2 hotels played the holiday light show. Basically each palm tree and the dolphin fountain are all individually lit and would sync with Christmas music playing. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but it was good enough that when we were in the area we would stop and watch until the song ended

2)Also experienced Santa, Mrs. Clause, and Kandy Kane. There is a little tiki hut set up by the Swan lap pool. About 10 minutes before Santa arrived, Mrs. Clause and Kandy Kane were talking an interacting with all the kids in line. Santa rolled up on a golf cart and said sorry he was late, but Goofy is a slow golfer. He was dressed in a Christmas Hawaiian shirt and all 3 were very great and into character! It was my sons first time meeting Santa!

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Comped

Would be nice if we could get 80's/90's style of Entertainment back......besides HEA of course.
Sadly almost everyone involved in that is retired or dead. And those who aren't, are no longer interested in doing such things it seems...
Very Barbie inspired color scheme.
I passed on a few pins using that colour scheme simply because they were way too bright for me. Almost garish.

surfsupdon

Sorry no. It also likes like none of Jollywood's shows will make it to regular hours.
Really is a shame that none of Jollywood entertainment makes it to regular park operations during Christmas Week, you know, when prices and surcharges are through the roof!! I expect more! But I do not expect better at Disney these days.

Good that MK brings the MVMCP entertainment to regular park hours. A shame that Jollywood does not do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom