Walt Disney World Character Changes Rant!

Do You Miss Some of these Characters at WDW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worldlover71

I believe the OP started out talking about the variety of the characters available. Certain characters like the Feb 5 can now be met in many locations while others are gone completely. I can understand both sides of the argument. On the one hand you want the most popular characters available everywhere so everyone has an opportunity to meet them. On the other hand, having characters available in only one spot makes that spot and those characters special and drives attendance at that one spot like. Disney tried to do this by moving Anna & Elsa from the MK to Epcot. I think many of us lucky enough to go frequently would prefer a wider variety of characters while those on their once in a lifetime trip want to make sure they meet the core characters. It is a tough balance.

The Empress Lilly

Duffy the Disney Bear was replaced by Daisy Duck and later on Pluto,
getting rid of 4 characters(Max Goof, Bolt, Lilo & Stitch, even if the latter two are still in the resort)
they got rid of all of Tink's fairy friends in 2014
Chip n Dale replaced Woody and Jessie in Frontierland
I forgot to mention that they have fewer Pixar buddies nowadays
But....this is all good news! :cool: :p

Except for Lilo & Stitch, and Bolt too, but 'the latter two are still in the resort'. So good news all around.

The Empress Lilly

Well to each his own of course, if you liked those characters then I'm sorry you had to watch them be taken of the roster.

For me:
Duffy - what Matt said:
Duffy stinks. Good riddance. Taking up space that could be used by ACTUAL characters and not blatant merchandising ploys.
I love characters as much as the next person, despite my rallying against toonification of WDW. But actual characters, not teddy bears looking to fill a demographic sales gap, hitchhiking on the goodwill of Mickey and Minnie, as Duffy does.

Tink's fairies.
If I want to see fairies everywhere I'd visit in June. I love Tinkerbell, she's a riot in Peter Pan. But the other fairies feel like they were developed, again, in marketing. To complement the Disney Princess line for an age group just before princesses.

Max Goof, Bolt, Lilo & Stitch
Bolt is a hoot, and Lil o_S titch the finest movie of its decade. I ove both. But at least they stay elsewhere. Max Goof is 90s tv Disney, a bit lost on me.

Woody and Jessie in Frontierland
These feel misplaced to me. In fact, I'm not fond of Toy Story to begin with.

fewer Pixar buddies
Pixar still feels alien to me. They feel like a different universe to the Disney canon.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
So is this rumor reallly true at Hollywood Studios? :( I really don't want Sofia to leave(i would care less about Doc and Jake)!
Closure of the Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, and Sofia the First Meet and Greets.

Figments Friend

If only wandering characters were still a thing

They are at Disneyland in California.
You regularly 'bump into' various random characters all around the Park, and many are often on their own just walking around.

It is truly a 'magical' thing to see Mary Poppins with Bert just slowly strolling along on Main Street, or Peter Pan being the imp that he is playing around in Fantasyland.
Disneyland still has the Magic.
:)

-

Razgriz

When Launch Bay opened at Disney's Hollywood Studios last year, were only two meet and greet areas one features Chewbacca and another features Darth Vader(later, Kylo Ren) and only Jawas and Stormtroopers roam around, and guess what? THEY AREN'T ENOUGH STAR WARS CHARACTERS IN THE PARK, LIKE STAR WARS WEEKENDS, AND WORST OF ALL, If you have an autograph book and want their signatures, THEY WON'T SIGN, DISNEY MADE ANOTHER RIDICULOUS MOVE THAT THESE CHARACTERS WON'T SIGN, EVEN THOUGH JAWAS, CHEWIE, VADER, AND STORMTROOPERS SIGNED DURING STAR WARS WEEKENDS, AND COME ON! KYLO REN HAS FINGERS, HE CAN SIGN! Why can't they have R2-D2, C3-PO, Ewoks, Boba Fett, the guys from Rebels(Ezra and Sabine), even Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars and Rebels, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Rey, Finn, Poe, and of course BB-8, plus many others all over the park, signing autographs(except for some and all the droids including R2-D2, C3-PO, and BB-8).

Im an adult who last time I went absolutely hated meeting characters(I was 15 and "too cool/old for this")
Now its been like over 8 years since we went and I really regret not taking a picture with literally every character and getting mad at my mom for asking.

I think my entire Florida park trip I got:
Indiana Jones stuntman(regretfully camera was lost that day at Epcot)
Woody & Jessie
Cyclops, Wolverine and Rogue at IOA

I know my baby brother will be disappointed by the lack of Star Wars characters when we go later this year especially the Rebels characters.
Heck I was kinda hoping for a picture with Sabine or Ahsoka myself.

The Mom

Premium Member
6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom