Walt Disney World annual pass price increases now in effect (February 2020)

RememberWhen

We bought our gold (DVC) passes in January.
It looks like (correct me if I’m wrong) that DVC prices for platinum and platinum plus didn’t go up, but gold did.

Kman101

I do find it interesting out of state passes got the biggest hit. I dont think its intentionally to curb those guests i think its more likely those guests have far deeper pockets than folks like me here in the swamp. Lets be frank if a platinum disney pass for your family of four is part of your life but you live in new york you have plenty of money to burn. Why should disney leave that money on the table? I bet alot of those same AP members make up a big amount of vacation club members as well and thus your coming anyway so why not squeeze another 100 bucks from ya?

I agree. I can see why they bumped them so much but left the Florida resident passes 'affordable' (and I use that term loosely).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disneyland is expensive in other ways. Also one night in a Disney owned resort there can be the cost of an annual pass.

They're doing a lot of upgrades to the parks right now so I wonder if they're doing this to try to offset the price some. Who knows. I'm a platinum pass holder so it doesn't hit me as hard but still sucks for others.

Meanwhile, universal Orlando has very affordable annual passes in comparison.

There are differences

Disneyland hotels are more expensive than wdw hotels lb for lb...but there are convenient options at varying prices next door

Disneyland food skews toward quickserves with better options...cheaper

The key difference is that 3 days is good at Disneyland for a complete stay.

You need 5-7 in wdw to “do everything” to satisfaction...which means the costs are always higher in the end. To say nothing of the egregious food pricing for a week in wdw.

$58 dollars for a six ouncer in the Canadian cafeteria

Last edited:

Touchdown

They could have bumped them because soon (with another hike) they will have a brand new feature included with them *cough*Maxpass*cough*

Tiny Arms

Man, not good news. I remember renewing my Silver pass just a few years ago for under $400.
I love going to WDW, but it's getting harder & harder to maintain that stance when they consistently jack up the prices with little-to-no increase in quality :cry:

AndrewJordan

My own personal opinion is they should get away with the Annual Pass for locals. Furthermore, the nonsense of allowing them to park for free and little perks like that is nonsensical.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Funny ... but true.

I never understood this at all, until at one point I was listening to the old WDWToday podcast and one of the guys explained, "I don't like ANY non-American food so yeah, in Epcot it's gonna be a steak at Le Celier every single time I go there." C'est la vie.

Does he eat corn and turkey every single day? If not he's probably eating something that was originally non-American.

GusEzra

I bought my first ever AP last month and I live in the middle of the country, no where near WDW, now why did i by it? we decided to go to WDW over my sons spring break which corresponded to the end of the wife's business tip in Orlando, Given the amount of days were are visiting the parks and the AP room discounts the photopass, the difference in the pass and what it would cost me as a Disney package is less than 250 bucks and thats not including other passholder discounts and this is just ONE trip. yes I paid more for one trip then i could have but i also have 365 days to recoup the rest of that expense. the value in the AP is more than entrance to the parks, now if prices continue to increase and perks keep getting cut then its another story but i feel there is still value in the AP.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Looks like Disney is taking a paper straw from the Animal Kingdom and sucking us dry. I actually don't mind as like as my kids are happy. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom