Walt Disney World annual pass price increases now in effect (February 2020)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Modest?

Not at all...prices for theme park passes can’t go up $100 a year and this is damn close.

I’m not surprised or appalled...but no “credit” should be given to Disney for yet another increase to bleed their most loyal customers again.

That’s nothing to be proud of...build more/better lands to increase demand/capacity/attendance...the real way to grow your business.

ToTBellHop

Modest?

Not at all...prices for theme park passes can’t go up $100 a year and this is damn close.

I’m not surprised or appalled...but no “credit” should be given to Disney for yet another increase to bleed their most loyal customers again.

That’s nothing to be proud of...build more/better lands to increase demand/capacity/attendance...the real way to grow your business.
My gold pass only went up $20. No big deal for me (and really no big deal since I’m not renewing...).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My gold pass only went up $20. No big deal for me (and really no big deal since I’m not renewing...).
The gold pass is basically a Florida resident pass...it eliminates most of the family market due to logistics.

More power to ya...I get your point...but that kinda pass was $200 bucks not that long ago.

If you want a true annual pass...it went up $76 overnight...

Or the price of one lunch at crystal palace 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can't? Maybe in your world.

But this is WaltDisney World.

Right...don’t take me too literally there.

Of course I’m well aware of what “can’t” is interpreted as in the swamp.

The problem with pricing now is it pays no mind to any future problems and that’s their management problem: their focus is only short term.

CJR

Modest?

Not at all...

Just to specify, I was talking about the FL resident passes. $20 a pass isn't going to keep someone from buying them when you're already talking hundreds of dollars, in the thousands for families.

For what it's worth, the Theme Park Select Pass is still at its (original?) $439 price tag.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just to specify, I was talking about the FL resident passes. $20 a pass isn't going to keep someone from buying them when you're already talking hundreds of dollars, in the thousands for families.

For what it's worth, the Theme Park Select Pass is still at its (original?) $439 price tag.
No I get you...point granted.

Though I have to say - keeping the more limited, local focus passes cheaper is an indication that demand/attendance is not as strong as they’d like and what most disney defenders around here believe to be true. Their attendance is not growing at anything close to a substantial rate by indications such as this.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Oof. Here's a question. If you're paying monthly as a FL resident, and they raise the prices - does your monthly payment go up or not until you renew again?

CJR

Oof. Here's a question. If you're paying monthly as a FL resident, and they raise the prices - does your monthly payment go up or not until you renew again?

It goes up when you renew, if you do. You'll have the option to upgrade, downgrade (no penalty, unlike Universal), keep the payment plan or pay it all in full for the next year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting, it seems that WDW has abandoned its pricing structure for out of state APs to cost less then 2 week long trips in a year. Seems like they want to cull the heard of out of state AP holders.
Bob wants his stock price higher for retirement. It’s really just as simple as that in 99% of Disney’s price discussion.

The management philosophy was always to maintain a buffer between the longterm outlook and the Cliff...

The bob’s mandate is to see how far they can stick their toes out over it

disneygeek90

The gold pass is basically a Florida resident pass...it eliminates most of the family market due to logistics.

More power to ya...I get your point...but that kinda pass was $200 bucks not that long ago.

If you want a true annual pass...it went up $76 overnight...

Or the price of one lunch at crystal palace 🤪
When was gold ever $200? What's your definition of not long ago? $500 is what I remember ~5 years ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When was gold ever $200? What's your definition of not long ago? $500 is what I remember ~5 years ago.

“Gold”
Is just a fancy label slapped on a pass a few years back that specifically eliminates the times where most school/college age inclusive families can travel with some ease.

It’s much more valuable to “driving range” customers that can do 2 or 3 day jaunts. It’s a modified Florida/Georgia pass in my opinion.

Those passes where far more reasonable until they relabeled and increased the price to alkali earth metals

disneygeek90

“Gold”
Is just a fancy label slapped on a pass a few years back that specifically eliminates the times where most school/college age inclusive families can travel with some ease.

It’s much more valuable to “driving range” customers that can do 2 or 3 day jaunts. It’s a modified Florida/Georgia pass in my opinion.

Those passes where far more reasonable until they relabeled and increased the price to alkali earth metals
Ok? But when was that ever $200 "not long ago"? I honestly can't remember it ever being below $500.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom