News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price changes effective October 16 2018

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Yep. I’ll be out for an AP next year at these prices. Just not worth it anymore, especially since I expect even Platnium AP’s purchased before a certain date to be blacked out for SW:GE

drod1985

Yep. I’ll be out for an AP next year at these prices. Just not worth it anymore, especially since I expect even Platnium AP’s purchased before a certain date to be blacked out for SW:GE

My purchase of an AP for next year hinges upon the gamble some sort GE benefit. Considering Gold would be my maximum investment I'm starting to rethink that gamble.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

No blackouts are the only selling point for platinum APs. The second they do that, no one will buy them any longer. Besides SWGE is still more than a year out, there are still many more ticket price increases to be had.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
No blackouts are the only selling point for platinum APs. The second they do that, no one will buy them any longer. Besides SWGE is still more than a year out, there are still many more ticket price increases to be had.

I still think if you bought your AP before say October 2019, there will be a blackout period where you cannot go to DHS for Galaxy’s Edge. Ticket prices are going to skyrocket next year. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if GE isn’t included in the park hopper at first.

MuteSuperstar

Its not just Disney...its everything. Everything costs more. Like stated above, Disney is a choice.

This is true. But some of us aren't so sanguine about getting ripped off at every turn by every single entity we do business with.

Wanna raise prices? Fine. But you better also maintain a standard of quality, and I don't see too many of these companies even pretending to make an effort to do so.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I still think if you bought your AP before say October 2019, there will be a blackout period where you cannot go to DHS for Galaxy’s Edge. Ticket prices are going to skyrocket next year. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if GE isn’t included in the park hopper at first.

Just remember that for AP holders, SWGE only one of several reasons why we visit WDW. To unilaterally restrict the premier Disney ticket (Platinum and Platinum Plus) with blackout dates doesn't make sense, when they are invariably going to drastically increase the cost at least one or more times over the next year.

JohnD

Well, at least the Theme Park Select Pass didn't go up. Oh wait. Here are the blackout dates for HS in 2019.
HS Blockout Dates.jpg

disneyflush

This is true. But some of us aren't so sanguine about getting ripped off at every turn by every single entity we do business with.

Wanna raise prices? Fine. But you better also maintain a standard of quality, and I don't see too many of these companies even pretending to make an effort to do so.

I agree with the sentiment but the reality of the last 10 years (at least) of Disney attendance clearly shows there will be no adverse effects based on any price increases. The crowds have voted with their wallets that price is of little concern so Disney need only do the bare minimum.

drod1985

That Theme Park Select blackout makes some sense though. It's the normal Silver Pass blackout through the first week of August. Presumably MMRR will open around then and then lead into GE. That's sort of the point of Theme Park Select, keeping you away from the parks that are going to have higher demand.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
The 3-4 day FL resident special (Disney Select Tickets) appears to be gone. There is a new 3 and 4 day option but the prices are variable and you have to use them in consecutive days- not within 6 months of first use like the old tickets.

They tend to release the ones I'm thinking of seasonally. There will be a 3 or 4 day FL pass for like $200 or something in the spring, and you have to use it by May, something like that. All of a sudden there will be commercials all over TV about it.

That's my plan b LOL.

disneygeek90

Gold is the way to go right now. There's no way 4 weeks of non-blackout during the busiest and most miserable times of the year is worth $300.

JohnD

That Theme Park Select blackout makes some sense though. It's the normal Silver Pass blackout through the first week of August. Presumably MMRR will open around then and then lead into GE. That's sort of the point of Theme Park Select, keeping you away from the parks that are going to have higher demand.

I understand. But is one seriously going to block themselves out of a park for five straight months?

MuteSuperstar

I agree with the sentiment but the reality of the last 10 years (at least) of Disney attendance clearly shows there will be no adverse effects based on any price increases. The crowds have voted with their wallets that price is of little concern so Disney need only do the bare minimum.

True...while in that last 10 years almost no one even gets merit increases that even keep up with the fake official inflation numbers anymore. Sooner or later the American consumer and their delusions will hit a wall, but yes, that doesn't seem to be in sight quite yet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom