News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price changes effective October 16 2018

AEfx

3 AP increases in a year, entertainment cuts, operating hour cuts, more upcharge events, more resort fees, increased merch and food cost; and we’re still over a year out on SW.

Speechless.

Right there with you.

AP Prices have doubled since the last time I bought one in 2011.

I was at a dinner with extended family this weekend, and the subject of Disney came up. No one besides me had been since 2009ish. When I told them what things cost now they couldn't believe it. When I told them a burger meal with a drink at fast food was going to cost $20/head, they just couldn't believe it.

Man, the whole thing is just sad.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
crap...i was gonna upgrade on the 30th when I got there...

So if i have a 10-day park hopper that's paid for as part of my package in 2 weeks - and I go to GR and upgrade to an AP - I will pay the new AP price, right? ughhhhhhhhh!!!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
2018 marks the year of the 20% price increases across the board. The resort rate hike hit me the hardest, but I'm still glad I didn't buy into DVC.

So am I. And the big park increases a couple of years ago were a deciding factor.

When considering DVC, we didn’t even think about being locked into Disney vacations and then having little choice if park tickets went through the roof.

We do better with FL resident passes and options, and when the AP crosses a line, we can switch to those 3 or 4 day FL resident specials they run, just to visit every couple of years.

Bob Harlem

2017-2018 Year to date increases (Florida Resident AP and Renewal Prices w/o tax):
Silver went up $60. (14%) - $40 today alone New Price $479 ($1916 for a family of four)
Gold went up $50 (9%) - $20 today alone New Price $609 ($2436 for a family of four)
Platinum went up $70 (10%)- $45 today alone New Price $749 ($2996 for a family of four)
Platinum Plus went up $80 (10%) - $45 today alone New Price $849 ($3396 for a family of four)

Also blackout dates not posted beyond September 2019 yet. (Important for those considering Galaxy's Edge)

Last edited:

alex0c

So am I. And the big park increases a couple of years ago were a deciding factor.

We do better with FL resident passes and options, and when the AP crosses a line, we can switch to those 3 or 4 day FL resident specials they run, just to visit every couple of years.

The 3-4 day FL resident special (Disney Select Tickets) appears to be gone. There is a new 3 and 4 day option but the prices are variable and you have to use them in consecutive days- not within 6 months of first use like the old tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom