Walt Disney World adds princess dinner at Cinderella Castle

Lee

Adventurer
Sigh....the plague of character meals continues to spread.:mad:

Is it too much to ask that each park have at least one signature dining spot that isn't ruined by an overpriced, dumbed-down menu and character involvement?

Seriously.
Disneyland has Blue Bayou.
DCA has Wine Country Trattoria.
Studios has Brown Derby (and Sci-Fi Dine In).
Epcot has many.
AK has....um....ok, skip AK.
IoA has Mythos (Voted best theme park restaurant in the world for several years running.)
MK has what? Tony's? Please.:rolleyes:

Best case scenario: When the BatB restaurant opens, they can move the character meals out of the Castle and into that location.

I don't have a huge issue with what they have decided to do, I just think they should maybe move around some of the character meals they have already instead of having yet another princess meal. If it were up to me I would put the characters at 1900 Park Fare dinner at CRT (sticking with the theme), make Norway into a regular sit down restaurant, replace the 1900 Park Fare dinner with a princess theme and perhaps most importantly dump the Playhouse Disney b'fast/lunch and replace with a Toy Story meal. I really don't like that they don't have a meal catered more towards boys. Toy Story covers both boys and girls but at least it would be geared slightly more towards boys. You could get a photo w/ Buzz before you go in, since I imagine it would be hard for him to walk around and have Woody, Jessie and maybe Bullseye walk around. All I know is some boys may be ok w/ the princess meals but my son was far from impressed and for every little girl that loves princesses there are equally as many boys that love Buzz and Woody and/or pirates.

Figment632

Sigh....the plague of character meals continues to spread.:mad:

Is it too much to ask that each park have at least one signature dining spot that isn't ruined by an overpriced, dumbed-down menu and character involvement?

Seriously.
Disneyland has Blue Bayou.
DCA has Wine Country Trattoria.
Studios has Brown Derby (and Sci-Fi Dine In).
Epcot has many.
AK has....um....ok, skip AK.
IoA has Mythos (Voted best theme park restaurant in the world for several years running.)
MK has what? Tony's? Please.:rolleyes:

Best case scenario: When the BatB restaurant opens, they can move the character meals out of the Castle and into that location.

2nd worst DIsney TS I have ever eaten at.

I like character dinning but I agree with you that there are too many. However this is one place that should really be character dinning.

TinkerBell#1

I strongly agree they need a Chr dinner for Boy's. Now they might be concider Poo being a chr. meal for boys.

What is BatB?

This would be hard to do, but WDW guest could simi-boycot princess dinners in return WDW cutting down the chr dinners and or add boy chr dinners.

Untill they stop having full dinning rooms for Chr dinners they are going keep them and or add more of them.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Firstly, i really enjoy character meals, but i really enjoy amazing food and atmosphere too! I think what should happen at CRT Akershus and CP is dinner should be character free BUT, unless Disney found the demand for princesses and others at all meals to be winding down then why shouldnt they exploit it??

I know MK has little to offer for fine dining but MK is all about the kids, we have plenty restaurants to dine in elsewhere!!

And as for Akershus im pretty sure we can all find somewhere else to eat around the world

WDW1974

No.
MK should be for, and have something for, everyone. Not just kids or those with kids.

You HATE kids!!!

you should be banned from WDW ... (and shot onsite for your willingness to give up EPCOT for AC!!!)

If you don't realize that MK (and everything at WDW) is supposed to appeal to slow developing six-year-olds then I think you should stay home or go to Six Flags.

:drevil::eek::D

CaptainMichael

I strongly agree they need a Chr dinner for Boy's. Now they might be concider Poo being a chr. meal for boys.

What is BatB?

This would be hard to do, but WDW guest could simi-boycot princess dinners in return WDW cutting down the chr dinners and or add boy chr dinners.

Untill they stop having full dinning rooms for Chr dinners they are going keep them and or add more of them.

More of these debacles is NOT the answer. It's hard enough to find a place to eat as it is these days with that evil dining plan booking up everything good half a year in advance.

TinkerBell#1

It is a pain have to book out 6 months for a dinner. I have been able to book month out, but very hard. As of right now I have my projected time back to WDW, but rest of our family is debatable if they are comming and thier for going make it hard to book a dinner. 2 people simi hard and 4 people hard....I going try book 9 adults, 5 children (1 of them mostly likely be concidered an adult.

MK is for every child. Do not know about you, but when I go to WDW I am child. :lol:

I believe WDW is for 1 day old child to 120 year old adult.

Crazy4WDW1

I do like character meals, as does the rest of my family. We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast. I just wish that there was one option at the Castle that wasn't a princess meal. Can't we have one day . . . say lunch on Friday's is character free? :shrug:

disney*princess

I remember going to CRT once growing up and there was more than just princesses there. I remember they had characters for everyone. I was like 8 or 9 and I just remember getting to meet Peter Pan, who was my brother's favorite Disney charater. Even though I am 21 I still enjoy going to character meals. When i was down there the last time I tried getting into the princess breakfest in Norway and damn is that hard to get into, even just for two people! What would make me happier is if Alice and the Mad Hatter had a presence in any of the character meals.

we had dinner in norway on our last trip and i loved it!!! the princesses were just fab!! by the way alice and the mad hatter have a character breakfast in the grand floridian.... marry poppins appears aswell....:sohappy:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Firstly, i really enjoy character meals, but i really enjoy amazing food and atmosphere too! I think what should happen at CRT Akershus and CP is dinner should be character free BUT, unless Disney found the demand for princesses and others at all meals to be winding down then why shouldnt they exploit it??

I know MK has little to offer for fine dining but MK is all about the kids, we have plenty restaurants to dine in elsewhere!!

And as for Akershus im pretty sure we can all find somewhere else to eat around the world

Just not true, or at least should not be true. MK should be for everyone, not just kids. Your statement only drives home the point many of us have been making, that TDO is aiming only at kids, and it is severly diminishing the product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom