Walt Disney Classics Collection presents Dreamfinder with Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboJones123

So he looks more like Regular Hillary Duff, not "can I have another helping of my favorite snack , my own two fingers" Hillary Duff. Eating disorders aren't something to laugh about.

jedimaster1227

JimboJones123 said:
So he looks more like Regular Hillary Duff, not "can I have another helping of my favorite snack , my own two fingers" Hillary Duff. Eating disorders aren't something to laugh about.

I just think its funny that when they recreated the character,he gained a few pounds. The Dreamfinder probably gave him some Dream-Bars to chew on while they spent their time in limbo.

Eating disorders aren't a laughing matter. Fatty Figment is.

Do you like him better now or when he was back in the original?

coastermaster83 said:
I believe you both..........................but MY TOMMYGUN DOESNT *RATA TAT TAT TAT RATA TAT TAT* (EVIL LAUGHING) MOO HA HA HA HA HA

hahah oh man, you get 50,000 points for the home alone reference!!!:lol: :lol:

LilDucky

Shaman said:
Two words:

Project Gemini

:lookaroun

It took a while but I'm starting to kinda like the Imagination ride....especially since the little ones enjoy it so much. Maybe all it needs is Pixar characters...not DF.

*shrug*
For the record.... I really really like this version of Imagination. :lookaroun I dont really care if DF comes back or not.

ogryn

Shaman said:
Two words:

Project Gemini

It took a while but I'm starting to kinda like the Imagination ride....especially since the little ones enjoy it so much. Maybe all it needs is Pixar characters...not DF.

*shrug*

407643-can_of_worms.jpg
:D

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Legacy said:
But there was also more sources to the rumor outside of one or two sites. Leakings of those attractions started coming from different sources around the internet, which leads a bit more credibility to them.

Actually the massive Imagination refurb has been mentioned on other sites by reliable folks.

-Jim Hill was the first to report on it

-Lee and several others here have said that it is in the cards

-FIGMENT! at Intercot.com said that he heard about it as well and he is an extremly reliable source

-Reliable people at Laughingplace.com have also heard about it.

Same amount of sources.

Shaman concerning Project: Gemini. That isnt an internet rumor Project: Gemini is/was the codename for the BLUE SKY project to come up with ideas on how to freshen up Epcot Center. The plans that Jim Hill showed on his site was just one of many blue sky concepts and alot of them were stupid anyway like a jr. version of test track for kids and an off the shelf themed rainforest coaster at the land. The version of Project: Gemini that was revealed on this site that included 3 major projects (Soarin, Spaceship earth replacement, plus 1 other attraction) IS happening:

- Soarin' is already open
- the "other attraction" was a redo of Living seas to either incorporate a Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo overlay. This was among the concepts that Jim Hill showed in the Project Gemini plans that he was looking at. Obviously that got greenlit.
- As for Spaceship Earth's replacement I have seen so many people go over why that didnt happen (mostly strutural issues) but instead of a new thrill ride inside Spaceship Earth we will probably get a sweeter deal that includes a refurbed/revamp with new show scenes and post show thanks to the sponser, a possible redo of Imagination that will restore it from a cheap Eisner/Pressler garbagefest into a quality attraction worthy of the name Disney, and we MAY get a new attraction replacing Wonders of Life (and possibly Universe of Energy?)

So Project Gemini DID/IS happening...its just that people thought there would be one huge megaannouncement when actually it was just a collection of ideas on how to make epcot better and you will be seeing alot of changes coming to Epcot before and during its 25th. anniversary.

As for you Wannabedis, I think you are an immature child that likes to go into various topics and rain in on everybodies parade with alot of naysaying. "well the new Imagination ride could be bad with dreamfinder!" Obviously Disney's new leadership sees what a ____*tfest the current incarnation of the ride is and are calling in Tony Baxter to redo it correctly. If Disney wants to change their image back to representing quality they are going to have to make these changes. So Please stop looking for trouble.

Have a magical day! :wave:

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
As for you Wannabedis, I think you are an immature child that likes to go into various topics and rain in on everybodies parade with alot of naysaying. "well the new Imagination ride could be bad with dreamfinder!" Obviously Disney's new leadership sees what a ____*tfest the current incarnation of the ride is and are calling in Tony Baxter to redo it correctly. If Disney wants to change their image back to representing quality they are going to have to make these changes. So Please stop looking for trouble.

Have a magical day! :wave:

Thanks for the thoughts and your take.

First off, I don't agree concerning the current version of JIYI. It's my favorite of the versions. Even so, I don't mind to see it updated because I see it may be for the betterment of Epcot. I'm not raining on anyone's parade other than warning them to not be so trusting of this information and putting all their proverbial eggs in one basket -- dreamfinder.

Plus.. I'm not so sure that Disney has any image problems that need to be addressed. Matter of opinion of course, but it's been my observation that the ones that believe they do, fall into the purist camp who can't seem to live in the present world. They would rather everything stay as it was in the 80's and screw anything other than their own personal wishes. E.g... pirates change. Interestingly enough, Rasula put a clamp on that with his observation that Walt Disney was all about taking chances and looking for ways to update and continue to change.

So, obviously, it appears the childish ones are those that selfishly want everything to be just as they want without any concern for the general guests or the financial stability of the company.

And I also hope you have a magical day! :wave:

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Rasula put a clamp on that with his observation that Walt Disney was all about taking chances and looking for ways to update and continue to change.

Jay Rasulo hijacked Walt Disney's famous statement in the same way that terrorists hijack Islam to twist and use as an excuse to continue to do bad things. If you and everyone else here could please take a moment and read the article at http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/ entitled "Disneyland is NOT a museum" I would really appricate that. It is the second article on that page and will hopefully educate you on what is really going on here.

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
:eek:

Different strokes :wave:
Exactly... There will always be other views and THAT'S what so many around here fail to understand. Disney has to cater to all the guests... not just a few.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Exactly... There will always be other views and THAT'S what so many around here fail to understand. Disney has to cater to all the guests... not just a few.

it should cater to the majority...and the majority think the current version of imagination sucks and there are people with large sums of money willing to SPEND SPEND SPEND if they bring back Dreamfinder. So by making a new imagination ride thats GOOD...with Dreamfinder they are pleasingn MANY people and killing two birds with one stone.

Please also read my previous post.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Jay Rasulo hijacked Walt Disney's famous statement in the same way that terrorists hijack Islam to twist and use as an excuse to continue to do bad things. If you and everyone else here could please take a moment and read the article at http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/ entitled "Disneyland is NOT a museum" I would really appricate that. It is the second article on that page and will hopefully educate you on what is really going on here.
You really should take that rhetoric with a grain of salt. In the first place... it always appeared to me that the "nostalgia" of Walt's days was about "time's that have passed" not about an attraction in the park. It's about Main Street, about SCENES in CoP... not the structures on Main Street or the actual theatre of CoP.

The imagineering rebirth is just a bunch of purists that don't want progress... they want a nostalgic view of their personal experiences in the parks and they don't want the parks to change. They don't want PotC to see updates because it's "blasphemy". The only blasphemy is their crying about continually updating the parks to create magic for future generations. They continually whine about the lack of 'good' change in their view to try to give substenance to their arguments. They cry about the Treehouse, Under New Management, JIYI, etc. The fact is, they just wanted their old favorites to still be there for THEM... who cares about the future of the company.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
it should cater to the majority...and the majority think the current version of imagination sucks and there are people with large sums of money willing to SPEND SPEND SPEND if they bring back Dreamfinder. So by making a new imagination ride thats GOOD...with Dreamfinder they are pleasingn MANY people and killing two birds with one stone.

Please also read my previous post.

Who's to say it's good? You? Me? Some people around here that hold your views say The Land is worse off... Do you agree? They claim Soarin is just a "bump" and won't last in popularity. How do they know?

Why do you think WDI would ever sit around and say "let's make a bad attraction". That's absolutely ludicrous. They attempt to create a great attraction with every try. It only logical.

By the way... Who are these many people waiting to "SPEND SPEND SPEND after the rumored changes? Forum fans? Your argument has zero basis in fact. Show me where the millions of people that visit Epcot are boycotting until they bring back Dreamfinder. I'm sorry, but your point holds no water.

LilDucky

wannab@dis said:
First off, I don't agree concerning the current version of JIYI. It's my favorite of the versions. Even so, I don't mind to see it updated because I see it may be for the betterment of Epcot.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Seems like voicing that you prefer this version to the old one always gets you flamed, which is why I often dont. :eek:

but you know...different strokes. :eek:

wannab@dis

LilDucky said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Seems like voicing that you prefer this version to the old one always gets you flamed, which is why I often dont. :eek:

but you know...different strokes. :eek:
Throw on the flame suit... who cares?

Not everyone agrees that yesterday was better or that tomorrow will necessarily be perfect. The only thing that matters is the attempt to create a "great big beautiful tomorrow." :wave:

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Throw on the flame suit... who cares?

Not everyone agrees that yesterday was better or that tomorrow will necessarily be perfect. The only thing that matters is the attempt to create a "great big beautiful tomorrow." :wave:

yes and that "great big beautiful tomorrow" begins with the removal of the current incarnation of imagination with a new version with classic elements in its place and nigel channings head on my wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom