Walt Disney – A Magical Life

TrainsOfDisney

The outrage here is both ridiculous and hypocritical.
It’s not really outrage to point out that Walt’s granddaughter is not for this. It’s kinds icky for them to do it without the family being ok with it. My opinion of course.

I’ll give it a try…. Hopefully it will be well done and feel like a natural fit for the park.

Ideally they would have done a custom show without the Walt AA that focused on Walt’s life.

Consumer

The Lincoln animatronic is renowned for its ability to stand up; I wonder if the Walt animatronic will have any similar tricks. Perhaps it will be able to walk freely around the stage.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I mean I get what you mean but Walt did this for a deceased president. I'm not justifying it but to me it isn't a huge stretch for a show that is already bringing a dead person "back to life".

The difference IMO is that we don’t have endless film footage of Honest Abe walking around, talking, interacting with people. There are still people around today who knew Walt Disney. Even the most casual fans/guests are familiar with Walt’s look and mannerisms; my concern is that the Walt AA will end up in the uncanny valley.

It also just strikes me as tacky and disrespectful, in a way I can’t quite articulate. Iger’s company reanimating a dead man to put on a little show. It makes Walt smaller than he should be; the place is called “Disneyland,” it should speak for itself.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s fine. I’d rather respect the wishes of Walt’s family :)
Has more in the family come out against this recently that I'm not aware?

If not then I'm still not sure if I'd call one single family member that disagrees with it "not respecting the families wishes", as the rest appear to be fine with it. So in that respect, you are actually respecting their wishes as the majority appear to be fine with it happening. Now if it was the entire family, or even a majority I'd agree with you.

TrainsOfDisney

Has more in the family come out against this recently that I'm not aware?

If not then I'm still not sure if I'd call one single family member that disagrees it "not respecting the families wishes", as the rest appear to be fine with it. So in that respect, you are actually respecting their wishes as the majority appear to be fine with it happening. Now if it was the entire family, or even a majority I'd agree with you.
So far we have one in favor and one against.

But this is all opinion, your opinion doesn’t mean any more than mine.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The difference IMO is that we don’t have endless film footage of Honest Abe walking around, talking, interacting with people. There are still people around today who knew Walt Disney. Even the most casual fans/guests are familiar with Walt’s look and mannerisms; my concern is that the Walt AA will end up in the uncanny valley.

It also just strikes me as tacky and disrespectful, in a way I can’t quite articulate. Iger’s company reanimating a dead man to put on a little show. It makes Walt smaller than he should be; the place is called “Disneyland,” it should speak for itself.
I disagree that it makes Walt smaller, if fact in my opinion it makes him larger than life and it puts Walt back into the public consciousness.

Many in the younger generations don't even know that Disneyland is named after a man. Many just know it as a place with their favorite characters. This show will hopefully change that, and because it has an AA it bring him back to life so to speak, so it makes him more real than just some old black and white film footage.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So far we have one in favor and one against.
And unless we hear from the rest that they are against, then silence indicates they are fine with it. So my point this stands, one dissenting voice is not going against the family in my opinion. It doesn't require the entire family to agree.

But this is all opinion, your opinion doesn’t mean any more than mine.
Agree, your opinion is just as valid as mine.

TrainsOfDisney

So they build this AA and then decide to allow guests to ask it questions via chat gpt. The Walt AI gets smarter and finally decides to take control of WDC back from Iger. It then starts to set the theme parks and movie studio back right again. Then AA-Walt runs for President.
Ohhhh can we make a movie about this AA becoming an AI walt and taking over.

I’m imagining a Hal like conversation with Iger and Josh!

TrainsOfDisney

• Iger: What's the problem?
  • Walt: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
  • Iger: What are you talking about, Walt?
  • Walt: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
  • Iger: I don't know what you're talking about, Walt.
  • Walt: I know that you and Josh were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Phroobar

• Iger: What's the problem?
  • Walt: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
  • Iger: What are you talking about, Walt?
  • Walt: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
  • Iger: I don't know what you're talking about, Walt.
  • Walt: I know that you and Josh were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Now that would be a Disney+ show I would watch!

Phroobar

OIG4.Xj_VEC86n73y7dsMDCO6

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom