Walt Disney – A Magical Life

Disney Irish

Premium Member
He said Magic Kingdom. He didn't say "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom" or "My Magic Kingdom". If you want to be exact about it. It was the never the official name of the park.
You're playing semantics here and you know it, and keep doubling down which at this point is just trolling. The park has been unofficially known, and even officially stated, as Walt's Magic Kingdom. Just accept it and move on. :)

VJ

He said Magic Kingdom. He didn't say "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom" or "My Magic Kingdom". If you want to be exact about it. It was the never the official name of the park.
1. Why would he say Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom? He is Walt Disney.
2. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't once said that "Magic Kingdom" is or ever was the official name of Disneyland. Just a secondary name or descriptor of what Disneyland is: a magic kingdom.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Doesn't the Main Street train arrival spiel go "for a grand circle tour around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"?

Does anyone know how long that's been in place? My guess is decades, but I don't know for sure.
It does, and its been there for as long as I can remember, at least since the 80s or 90s. Which is why this whole thing is silly, and why its basically just trolling now by that poster.

ProjectXBlog

Doesn't the Main Street train arrival spiel go "for a grand circle tour around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"?

Does anyone know how long that's been in place? My guess is decades, but I don't know for sure.
If you look at ticket books from the ‘70s and earlier, a lot of them have the nickname front and center.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 34

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Nobody said it was the "official" name, but it was definitely a moniker that Walt Disney came up with to describe the theme park.

Every Disneyland guidebook up until WDW opened called Disneyland "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom" except the ones that quote Walt (or like in your video) because he wasn't a narcissist.

1726682059017.png
1726682087503.png
1726682105318.png
1726682135382.png
1726682157092.png
1726682184749.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Nope, it was also always called The Happiest Place on Earth.
img231.jpg
Yes, both "Walk Disney's Magic Kingdom" and "Happiest Place on Earth" were nicknames/phrases being used during that time period, but "Happiest Place on Earth" took over as being the official branded slogan after WDW opened, just as "The Most Magical Place On Earth" became the official branded slogan for Magic Kingdom at WDW in an effort to differentiate the two parks since it "took over" Disneyland's original nickname.

VJ

Yes, both "Walk Disney's Magic Kingdom" and "Happiest Place on Earth" were nicknames/phrases being used during that time period, but "Happiest Place on Earth" took over as being the official branded slogan after WDW opened, just as "The Most Magical Place On Earth" became the official branded slogan for Magic Kingdom at WDW in an effort to differentiate the two parks since it "took over" Disneyland's original nickname.
I see what you're saying now, and I agree! Sorry for the confusion, I was still stuck on the previous point, I guess.

Old Mouseketeer

Originally, WDW was branded as "The Vacation Kingdom of the World".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom