Walls up at McDonalds

Mickey_777

I've had Pollo Campero both in Guatemala and here in the states and it's not that big a deal really...personally I think Popeye's is much better. It is, however, a different style of fried chicken most aren't familiar with. Either way it's really not latin food. Bongo's is the place for that in DTD...

sloanfreak

Pollo Campero is really no different than McDonalds. They are just a fast food chicken joint instead of a fast food hamburger joint.

Never ate at the DTD McDonalds and will never eat at the DTD Pollo Campero.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Pollo Campero is really no different than McDonalds. They are just a fast food chicken joint instead of a fast food hamburger joint.

Never ate at the DTD McDonalds and will never eat at the DTD Pollo Campero.
Then you don't know what you're missing. I've been going to Guatemala 1-2 twice/yr for the past 3 years, and I go to the Pollo Campero in Antigua (and the Cafe Barista too) at least once per trip... if not, I feel as if I've missed out.

mkt

Premium Member
I've had Pollo Campero both in Guatemala and here in the states and it's not that big a deal really...personally I think Popeye's is much better. It is, however, a different style of fried chicken most aren't familiar with. Either way it's really not latin food. Bongo's is the place for that in DTD...
It IS latin food.. just not the traditional type that most Americans are accustomed to.

WDWExplorer

Banned
It IS latin food.. just not the traditional type that most Americans are accustomed to.

it's as much latin food as taco bell is authentic mexican food.

thats like an american saying their favorite part of chinese meals is the fortune cookie.. sooooo authentic...... too bad they only have those in america... just like fried rice..

know what you are eating people.. it's all AMERICANIZED version of the native food

Scooter

Thanks, Steve. For some reason I missed it when reading the first post. :)

No offense, but are you serious? :confused:

I'm VERY serious.

Maybe some of you don't care for McDonalds food, but that doesn't give anyone the right to put down those of us who do.
I don't eat fast food very often at home.
When I'm at Disney World, I tend to splurge and I sometimes make unhealthy food choices. That's one of the fun parts of vacations.To me McDonalds is the perfect choice for splurging.
I know exactly what I'm getting and I know exactly what it's going to taste like and I know exactly what I like or don't like on their menu.

How many times Have you ordered something at a World Showcase Restaurant only to find out when you got it that it cost you a fortune and you didn't care for it. We've all done that at least once.
That doesn't happen at McDonalds. You know what you like,you get what you want and it's reasonably priced.

One more fact: McDonalds burgers are actually healthier than the burgers at Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, the Electric Umbrella, and the like, and yet, no one complains about those places. And we all know McD's french fries taste better. Perhaps it's just the Golden arches that upset people...or perhaps Disney has just tricked us all into thinking that their burgers are better because they include a Lounge Lizzard act or Wild West tables and Cowboy ambiance.:lol:

It's just burgers and fries and chicken nuggets folks.
It's the same crap, just served in a differant box.:ROFLOL:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I mean they had Master Shake and Flylock (sort of). I guess Meatwad could form the shape of a burger. Ah memories.

286781776XpVHFQ_fs.jpg

Figment632

thats like an american saying their favorite part of chinese meals is the fortune cookie.. sooooo authentic...... too bad they only have those in america... just like fried rice..

know what you are eating people.. it's all AMERICANIZED version of the native food

Well when I was in Mexico I went to eat and got a tortilla filled with steak and had toppings I would call that a taco.

mkt

Premium Member

I've eaten at Pollo Campero in their homeland (Guatemala), and in Miami. The food tasted the same.

Have you thought that maybe the decades of American fast food entering foreign countries might cause a local businessperson in the foreign country to create a competing product that, while not only appealing to local tastes, is also appealing to American ones as well?

cm1988

Really

Backstage of the McDonald's, cast members were able to enjoy... another McDonald's, with slightly more reasonable prices. To avoid "too much information", I'll just say that fumigation work ahead of construction might be in order.

mkt

Premium Member
backstage of the mcdonald's, cast members were able to enjoy... Another mcdonald's, with slightly more reasonable prices. To avoid "too much information", i'll just say that fumigation work ahead of construction might be in order.
rofl! +1

wendysue

I am sad.

My wife and I ate at that McDonalds every trip.
After a week of eating bad bland Chinese food, Mexican food , German Food etc.
And those greasy generic burgers at all of Disney's Counter service places, it was nice to go to Mickey Dee's and and know exactly what you were getting and at a reasonable price.
I will miss those Fries and the consistency that McDonald's offers.

To those of you with picky eaters...I feel your pain.
Bye McDonalds, perhaps not by many, but you WILL be missed by some of us.:cry:

We always stop at McDonalds when we go to DTD. Sometimes just for a shake or sundae.
We ate there the first week of April, and I must say it had really gone downhill. The place was dirty. (Though I must say it was probably because of the pigs who wouldn't put their trash in the bins, but staff wasn't cleaning it up either)
Good riddance. Will look forward to trying the new place.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Honestly, with all the great food to be had in Disney how can McDonalds be a welcomed comfort zone. I never been in such a place like WDW where there is so much to pick and choose from, it's some times ridiculous. McDonalds did not fit and never did fit. Nor did it's food appear to be good and satifying say like Boma's or O'hanna's. I can't remember in the fifteen years that I have be going to Disney hearing the wife and I say let's go and eat at McDonalds.
You are thinking logically and a fussy 5 year old is as far from logical as you can get. WDW is a huge and strange place and a major sensory overload for kids and adults for that matter. Their room is different, their bed is different, their schedule is off, none of their friends are there, all of the food is different, etc and all that can lead to a meltdown. Sometimes that one little taste of home can prevent or stop this. I dislike McDonald's as much as the next guy but when it comes to a fussy kid their waste line expanding, artery clogging food can work magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom