waiting lists

slacker

Original Poster
My family and I are having a terrible time trying to book our vacation in August. It's our first trip with the vacation club. We're on so many waiting lists. How do you know if you get into one of the waiting list villas?

DVC Mike

If your wait list request becomes available, Member Services will automatically confirm the reservation and mail a confirmation to you.

Yanks07

Also, to add to DVCMike, if you click view vacation details under My Membership on the DVC site, they will show your confirmed reservations. For example, I was on the wait list for BWV for 1 night of our 6 day trip @ BWV. I had a confirmed res. for BCV for that 1 night. One day I checked the dvc site and BCV now said BWV, I got the conf. in the mail 2 days later, but I already knew from the website, so like Mike said, it is Automatic.

bwalkmouse

We were put on a waiting list on January 15th for 2 days at BWV this coming July to add on to our current vacation. On January 25th DVC called and we now have the 2 days extra we were hoping for.

Good Luck to you

slacker

Original Poster
Thank you... but it turns out we aren't allowed to be on a waiting list at all. We're having such a hard time booking our trip, it's really upsetting. We bought the vacation club cause we got double incentive points, but because of them we can't be put on waiting lists or book at our home resort 11 months in advance... now we're at 7 months and having trouble finding anything!!

We're hoping so much that our vacation club person will help us out, but it's not looking good.

Disneyfalcon

I'm sorry slacker! We received bonus points too. We've used some at DL and the concierge collection, so we haven't had to deal with booking out only 7 months in advance. I hope it's not too hard!

dizMOM

We also are on a wait list for the 3rd week in August for BCV however we are fortunate enough to have a reservation at BWV if that doesn't become available. Why is it difficult to get these reservations? We have never had a problem in the past. Do you think they're holding inventory?

I don't think they're holding inventory. Membership has increased so rapidly in the past few years that getting into a resort that isn't your home base is going to be more difficult. The Epcot area resorts are very desirable.

I hope you do get your BCV reservations because I'm on a waiting list for a preferred studio at BWV so I can modify my existing reservation and move points around. Ugh! If you get your reservation, I may get mine.

I recently posted about the length of wait time to speak to a DVC rep on the phone. Last week, I waited 15 minutes. This week, I waited 20. It wasn't like this in the past, including last year.

DisneyPhD

I recently posted about the length of wait time to speak to a DVC rep on the phone. Last week, I waited 15 minutes. This week, I waited 20. It wasn't like this in the past, including last year.

We've had good luck with waitlists in the past (usually for one or two nights). We had to waitlist for Jan 1 one year and then waitlisted to switch from VWL to BCV during the Marathon weekend.
We just added an extra night to our stay in May at AKV with no problem and no waitlist(although it was a Friday night so the points are killer). When my wife called earlier this week she waited 15 minutes on the phone before getting a rep too.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
ConstanceIrene, at least you can get through!! I called throughout the day for three days straight and got constant busy signals. Finally, I emailed my reservation request, and discovered that even though a notes field is provided, no one reads your notes! :zipit: I replied to the email I received in return, asking if there was a problem with the phones, and I got this canned reply:

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the busy signals you have experienced when contacting Member Services recently, and would like to apologize for the delay in reaching a Vacation Advisor. During times when we experience higher-than-average call volume, you may receive a busy signal when all phone lines coming into our office are being occupied by other Members. We have taken action in this matter, and are moving in a positive direction in order to alleviate these challenges in the future.

I agree with you that the rapid increase in membership is causing these sorts of difficulties, I just hope they are not over-selling the DVC. :eek:

pvoelpel

Slacker
We also bought with the double incentive points and found that you cannot wait list them nor book the AKL 12 months before. We did just book our vacation for 8/08, could not get the AKL, but were able to get into the Boardwalk.
When we went in January I had to wait list one night out of our six. I used my purchased points for that night (12 points) and we heard within one week that we got our request.
Though we also have hit some bumps in the road, we have been to WDW twice since our purchase (10/07 &1/08) aqnd will return again in August!!:animwink:
I hope this info helps you out. When you call again let the rep know exactly when you want to go and the accomodations you need. Our rep searched across the resorts and gave me a choice from the available options.

OKW1993

We went to Disney in Dec 2007 1st week, and we had to wait list 3 Days at OKW our home resort, booked in August 2007. We got all the days.

My Daughter booked vacation for a 1 bedroom and and 2 studios for August 2008, 1st week at BCV, no wait list, She is a Member at SSR. She booked this the beginning of Jan.

So it may just be luck that we had no wait list. The only other time we had to wait list, was for the week of Christmas 1996, that was 10 years ago, but not may resorts at Disney then.

BWV, BCV are two of the most convenient Resorts, too two Parks. All within walking distance of the parks as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom