Wait times

Giss Neric

I have heard people mention this several times about the lines are constantly moving and that’s what makes it better not having FP+. If a line is 60 minutes and moving vs 60 minutes not moving it’s still 60 minutes. Maybe they should keep FP+ and just extend the lines for standby so they keep moving and everyone will be happy.
I don't usually ride attractions with more than 30 minutes of standby wait time but there are a couple of rides that had 45 to 60 minutes posted but I only ended up waiting 20-30 minutes. One time on Runaway Railway, wait time was 80 minutes but we only waited around 50 which included 15-20 minutes of downtime as they were cleaning the vehicles.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Nope. They’re open. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for now. It’s not a great idea in the first place...but it’s there if people want it.

Crowded in understaffed places contrary to health rules.

Nope...it’s an awful system. Even legacy - which is a good system - would create another problem (beyond the equipment is gone of probably doesn’t work if there anymore)

Oh!!! The humanity!!!!😱
Well we won’t be going back and we are the target audience. 7 night stay in contemporary costing a small fortune per night. $2500 for 7 day park hopper tickets For 5 of us for the week, eat 3 meals a day on property. Spend a ton on merch. We are headed to universal for 4 nights instead at a fraction of the cost with express pass and skipping every line

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't usually ride attractions with more than 30 minutes of standby wait time but there are a couple of rides that had 45 to 60 minutes posted but I only ended up waiting 20-30 minutes. One time on Runaway Railway, wait time was 80 minutes but we only waited around 50 which included 15-20 minutes of downtime as they were cleaning the vehicles.

This is/was how it goes before the online booking of dumbo...

Barring mechanical breakdowns...you do better than advertised

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Moving lines are far more tolerable than the logjammed fast pass+ Years. One of the reasons I’m sure they were happy to dump it was that.

I can remember being in 90 minute pirates lines and 2 hour splash mountain lines that didn’t seem that offensive because you moved. And they often were dependent on the people making their way through the lines...so you’d often save on the posted waits.

They’ve had 45 minute fastpass lines in recent years combined with stationary standbys...what the hell is the point of that?
Waits are waits. Doesn’t matter to me if they are moving or not. What makes sense is getting to skip the 3 lines that have 100 min waits and then picking anything g else you want to go on depending on your tolerance

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well we won’t be going back and we are the target audience. 7 night stay in contemporary costing a small fortune per night. $2500 for 7 day park hopper tickets For 5 of us for the week, eat 3 meals a day on property. Spend a ton on merch. We are headed to universal for 4 nights instead.

Then you are being a smart consumer and saying no. I wish there was more of you, frankly.

I had grown tired of the wdw rat race the last few years more than I had realized...

So instead of the long ago bought timeshare and the perpetual APs...and eating “signatures” (a joke...but decent) and consuming manhattans and old fashioneds by the liter...and never leaving property...for week +...

Now I don’t really love my ticket values on my Mickey rubber bracelet and don’t need them at all times...

My last two jaunts to Orlando consisted of 2 total wdw hotel nights and 1 day in a gated Disney park...
The second featured 0 and 5 nights/days at royal pacific and UOR.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Waits are waits. Doesn’t matter to me if they are moving or not. What makes sense is getting to skip the 3 lines that have 100 min waits and then picking anything g else you want to go on depending on your tolerance

A wait is a wait...but they fundamentally screwed their crowd control/flow with the dining plan and fastpass+

I wonder if anyone else on this thread has an opinion on this? Perhaps from the UK? 🤔

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Well we won’t be going back and we are the target audience. 7 night stay in contemporary costing a small fortune per night. $2500 for 7 day park hopper tickets For 5 of us for the week, eat 3 meals a day on property. Spend a ton on merch. We are headed to universal for 4 nights instead at a fraction of the cost with express pass and skipping every line
And until Disney can attract guest like my family back then none of it will return to normal. People should hope they bring that stuff back, it will speed up the recovery process and help hire back all the people they had to let go

Giss Neric

You're staying in the Contemporary out of all resorts and you complain about prices? Make it make sense.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Then you are being a smart consumer and saying no. I wish there was more of you, frankly.

I had grown tired of the wdw rat race the last few years more than I had realized...

So instead of the long ago bought timeshare and the perpetual APs...and eating “signatures” (a joke...but decent) and consuming manhattans and old fashioneds by the liter...and never leaving property...for week +...

Now I don’t really love my ticket values on my Mickey rubber bracelet and don’t need them at all times...

My last two jaunts to Orlando consisted of 2 total wdw hotel nights and 1 day in a gated Disney park...
The second featured 0 and 5 nights/days at royal pacific and UOR.
I really feel universal has taken a lot of market share this year. The pandemic created an (unfortunate) opportunity for them to steal away guests and I think universal has taken Disney to school and Disney might be affected (even if it’s just a little) longer term in an area that they had a monopoly on for 40+ years

TTLUTS

Original Poster
You're staying in the Contemporary out of all resorts and you complain about prices? Make it make sense.
I’m not complaining about prices. Have you read this thread at all? I’m complaining about what I’m getting (or not getting) for what I’m paying. I’m not getting EMH. I’m not getting dining. I’m not getting fireworks or shows. But most important to my family I’m not getting FP+ that I used to be able to book at 60 days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really feel universal has taken a lot of market share this year. The pandemic created an (unfortunate) opportunity for them to steal away guests and I think universal has taken Disney to school and Disney might be affected (even if it’s just a little) longer term in an area that they had a monopoly on for 40+ years

That remains to be seen. Disney will have a strong bump after the covid Numbers flatline...but there’s a recession to deal with too and that is usually a bigger concern for them.

Universal made a choice to lure and keep plugging away with their plans/construction

That used to be Disney...but they’re too fat cat (pun) and over promise returns to their stock lords now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Not the way i read it.

I’m not complaining about prices. Have you read this thread at all? I’m complaining about what I’m getting (or not getting) for what I’m paying. I’m not getting EMH. I’m not getting dining. I’m not getting fireworks or shows. But most important to my family I’m not getting FP+ that I used to be able to book at 60 days.

Yep...that’s how I read it.

Giss Neric

Okay fair, but before you went I assumed you did your research and WDW 2020 modified experience has been laid out on the table quite obviously and people should know what to expect, so why still go and waste money when you could have gone first to Universal instead since it suits you better, price and satisfaction wise?

You could have watched Youtubers vlogging their experiences in the theme parks around Orlando to give you an idea on how it is cause they are pretty much consistent with what you should expect.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Okay fair, but before you went I assumed you did your research and WDW 2020 modified experience has been laid out on the table quite obviously and people should know what to expect, so why still go and waste money when you could have gone first to Universal instead since it suits you better, price and satisfaction wise?

You could have watched Youtubers vlogging their experiences in the theme parks around Orlando to give you an idea on how it is cause they are pretty much consistent with what you should expect.
Ok now I’m convinced you didn’t read it (which is ok, it’s a long thread). What I said was I would cancel my April 2021 trip if none of those perks/benefits were reinstated. We prefer Disney, but not when they take away all of the benefits they offer. We have an alternative trip booked for the same week (4 days at universal) and will cancel Disney and go there instead of Disney doesn’t bring back all the perks.

lazyboy97o

You’re not getting adequate capacity and you’re happy to give it up for a scheme that offers you less.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re not getting adequate capacity and your happy to give it up for a scheme that offers you less.
...you do have a point.

I think the realities of MDE are lost on a lot of people that don’t “crawl through the weeds”
And try to gather information on operational issues like some do...

TTLUTS

Original Poster
...you do have a point.

I think the realities of MDE are lost on a lot of people that don’t “crawl through the weeds”
And try to gather information on operational issues like some do...
Yes but as a once a year resort guest, I am the main beneficiary of FP+. It is a big benefit to me to be able to book FOP, Everest and Safari at AK and wait in line (even if inflated) at Navi, Kali and dinosaur. There’s no way you will convince me that I would wait less time to ride those 6 rides if there was no FP+ vs having it. It’s just simply not true. There are only 2-3 headline rides and to be able to cut the lines saves a massive amount of time b everyone wants to be on them (MMRR, MFSR, SDD, etc).
Same for Epcot. Same for Hollywood. Same for MK (but maybe saves least amount of time b there are more rides)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes but as a once a year resort guest, I am the main beneficiary of FP+. It is a big benefit to me to be able to book FOP, Everest and Safari at AK and wait in line (even if inflated) at Navi, Kali and dinosaur. There’s no way you will convince me that I would wait less time to ride those 6 rides if there was no FP+ vs having it. It’s just simply not true. There are only 2-3 headline rides and to be able to cut the lines saves a massive amount of time b everyone wants to be on them (MMRR, MFSR, SDD, etc).
Same for Epcot. Same for Hollywood. Same for MK (but maybe saves least amount of time b there are more rides)

Overall rides per day are typically less unless you run around like a lunatic from bell to buzzer.

Now they may be a rise for some...I don’t fall in that category however.

+ also showed they are woefully underbuilt to handle Natural increases in crowds.

That’s 33% Eisner and 66% Iger by choice...they will continue to fall behind in the post covid world

The old fast pass system was far more beneficial and allowed more individual travel styles...it left opportunity to those outside the rope drop nuts...but severed them well too.

lazyboy97o

Adequate capacity would allow you to do more than just six rides in a full day. Six rides means you’re doing about the bare minimum just as Disney wants.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Overall rides per day are typically less unless you run around like a lunatic from bell to buzzer.

Now they may be a rise for some...I don’t fall in that category however.

+ also showed they are woefully underbuilt to handle Natural increases in crowds.

That’s 33% Eisner and 66% Iger by choice...they will continue to fall behind in the post covid world

The old fast pass system was far more beneficial and allowed more individual travel styles...it left opportunity to those outside the rope drop nuts...but severed them well too.
We do t like to wake up early on vacation and usually don’t go to the parks until about 2pm every day and stay until closing (love the parks at night, all are better with the exception of maybe HS). We would never get a FP for any of the good rides in that case and would be waiting in long lines for every ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom