Wait times in late September/October?

tink729

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I've been mostly a spectator here for quite some time but I have some questions that I hope you can answer for me. I've been going to Disney every summer since I was little, but for the first time I'm staying at CSR from September 28-October 3. Any ideas on how crowded it is going to be and average wait times? I imagine during the weekdays it will be less crowded, but we are also doing MNSSHP on Friday night and there is also the F&W festival over the weekend. How crowded will MK and Epcot be for those events? Any information would help! :wave:

Also, any tips about CSR? I usually stay in POFQ so this is my first time there.

gwhb75

Epcot will be really busy around world showcase (especially on the weekends). Wait times for most rides should be between 10-20 minutes per ride, with more popular rides (e.g. Toy Story) being much longer.

CaptainJackNO

Hey everyone, I've been mostly a spectator here for quite some time but I have some questions that I hope you can answer for me. I've been going to Disney every summer since I was little, but for the first time I'm staying at CSR from September 28-October 3. Any ideas on how crowded it is going to be and average wait times? I imagine during the weekdays it will be less crowded, but we are also doing MNSSHP on Friday night and there is also the F&W festival over the weekend. How crowded will MK and Epcot be for those events? Any information would help! :wave:

Also, any tips about CSR? I usually stay in POFQ so this is my first time there.

10 years ago, that would have been an easy question to answer. Nowadays, that is almost impossible. I have been during summer and peak season where the crowd was surprisingly manageable, and 2 of my last 3 trips were "supposed" to be traditionally low attendance but free dining caused the parks to swell to unmanageable levels. I mean, like Holiday seas crowded. It's a craps shoot, really. Good luck!!

Scuttle

10 years ago, that would have been an easy question to answer. Nowadays, that is almost impossible. I have been during summer and peak season where the crowd was surprisingly manageable, and 2 of my last 3 trips were "supposed" to be traditionally low attendance but free dining caused the parks to swell to unmanageable levels. I mean, like Holiday seas crowded. It's a craps shoot, really. Good luck!!

It really is. We were there Jan.19-22 and it was mobbed, I really couldn't believe it. In fact, when we went June. 3-6 it was less crowded than the "typical" slow season. I remember being there the second week of Janurary 2009 and it was the slowest I have ever seen it. Space Mountain had FP all the way to park close and PP never had a wait longer than 20 minutes! So yes you really don't know anymore with all the promotional stuff TDO does.

daveo43175

We always go in mid Sept or mid Oct. In the 2 trips in mid Sept, in the 13 total days we were there we waited in line twice! Once for Peter Pan (20 min) and once for The Land (10 min). EVERYTHING else we walked up and got right on.
The last trip (2009) was in mid Oct we had waits on everything, but they were relatively short (10/15 min or so.)

mergatroid

We always go in October. Years ago it was fairly quiet, but as others have said it seems to be promoted a lot more and as a result a lot busier. It's certainly not as mad as summer or Christmas day, but it's not deserted.

The quietest I've ever witnessed Disney was the weeks after September 11th and the week before Christmas week.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Could be a bit busier this year; WDWs 40th is October 1st with a lot of fans coming in from all over the, well, world.

Walt Disney1955

After labor day weekend, the crowds tend to be fairly light.

This exactly. I can vouch for it too. We went on September 26th-October 10th, 2009. Disney is always busy to an extent, but you'll have your way in the parks a lot more than say in March, when I've usually gone. I remember peeling through the attractions very quickly at that time and there was never the feeling that you needed more time. We once went to Universal and were done by 5pm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom