Wait Lines for New Gondolas

nickys

Premium Member
Which is why I bring that scenario up....Also with the Epcot line It could possibly open later as most of World Fantasyland Showcase (my new name for it) usually opens at 11am...Yes Norway opens at 9 due to Frozen but, unless they are planning to have France open earlier for RRA I'm still thinking guests will still have to take the bus to The FW side until the other side opens..

You can still enter through the IG at rope drop. Les Halles is even open for breakfast, and then you can walk to FW via the U.K. and Canada.

Damon7777

Yup, and all 22 million stay at those resorts and all go to DHS on the same day.

You're on another illogical(and sarcastic) roll.

It's quite easy to understand. Gondola will service park hoppers from Epcot to Studios. Studios will see a substantial increase in attendance. Attendance at the parks are already in the millions at those two parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
..... that means absolutely nothing to overall throughput.

My post already addressed throughput. That was extra 'color' information.

Their prices are likely to adjust accordingly due to being Gondola served.

If so, it won't be until 2020 since the 2019 prices going up to December are regular pricing.

Which is why I bring that scenario up....Also with the Epcot line It could possibly open later as most of World Fantasyland Showcase (my new name for it) usually opens at 11am...Yes Norway opens at 9 due to Frozen but, unless they are planning to have France open earlier for RRA I'm still thinking guests will still have to take the bus to The FW side until the other side opens..

Both gates always open the same time.

What's going to happen if bus service at those resorts to those parks is suspended, but things such as bad weather prohibit gondolas from running? Will the guests be stranded at the park/resort trying to get to their destination?

Same thing with the Seven Seas and Crescent Lake ferries when weather shuts them down... deploy buses.

nickys

Premium Member
You're on another illogical(and sarcastic) roll.

It's quite easy to understand. Gondola will service park hoppers from Epcot to Studios. Studios will see a substantial increase in attendance. Attendance at the parks are already in the millions at those two parks.

I haven’t been in the least bit sarcastic yet. That could always change.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry if this question has already been answered on another thread; Will the resorts that have these still offer bus service to the same parks?
WDW has quite a few buses that are parked most of the time. They surge for increased demand at park close and if other forms of transport are down. The advantage with the other forms of transportation is reduced greenhouse gases and manpower. They always have back-up plans if something goes wrong.
What's going to happen if bus service at those resorts to those parks is suspended, but things such as bad weather prohibit gondolas from running? Will the guests be stranded at the park/resort trying to get to their destination?
How many times have the boats or monorail gone down? Have you seen people stranded? There are contingency plans to replace every form of transportation at WDW. For the most part, it's extra buses to temporarily replace the transportation mode that's down. In the event of problems with bus routes, there are alternate routes that can by-pass the problems. When the boats are down (usually because of weather) or when a monorail breaks down on one of the three existing routes they can very quickly introduce additional buses to compensate.

Dave B

T
They will not stop bus service from POP, AoA and Caribbean, there is no way

nickys

Premium Member
Well yes it actually was(is)

The topic is about "wait lines" so naturally capacity/throughput becomes quite relevant, no?

There are two factors that are relevant, both of which had been addressed. The capacity was given at worst as being 2 bus loads in 5 minutes.

I would think a constantly moving line at least gives the perception of dimishing faster than a static one, even if I cannot back that up with any mathematical proof. You were the one who dismissed that as irrelevant. I disagree, I think it is just as relevant as capacity when it comes to a wait line.

Dave B

They cant force people to ride the gondolas, there are a lot of people afraid of heights, they are not going to make guests find their own transportation to the parks, Disney will provide a way for you to get their, makes no sense to get rid of the busses from those resorts.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
They cant force people to ride the gondolas, there are a lot of people afraid of heights, they are not going to make guests find their own transportation to the parks, Disney will provide a way for you to get their, makes no sense to get rid of the busses from those resorts.
You do know that these are not the only resorts on property ???

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I would think a constantly moving line at least gives the perception of dimishing faster than a static one, even if I cannot back that up with any mathematical proof. You were the one who dismissed that as irrelevant. I disagree, I think it is just as relevant as capacity when it comes to a wait line.
Perception is the only difference. This is the same failure of logic made by those who argue in favour of omnimovers over vehicle loading on rides. The maximum throughput of the ride does not increase or decrease, but the perception of constant motion being better than stop-and-start lines is just that, a perception (it's ever-so-slightly more boring when you're at a standstill). If anything, omnimovers are slightly slower loading than vehicle loading rides because when something goes wrong loading a disabled guest, they slow or stop the whole ride, reducing potential capacity temporarily. Much of that delay is absorbed during the rack 'em and stack 'em (CMs sometimes refer to it as "Human Tetris") at the load, so the delays are less impactful. If a ride or transportation is loading at its maximum throughput, the line will ultimately process that number of people regardless of being an omnimover or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom