Wait Lines for New Gondolas

REG Glenn

Original Poster
I had written previously about my concern about the wait times for the new gondolas. I have seen the capacity numbers and the comparison to the bus system capacity. This new transportation system looks amazing and I’m so glad for its construction. What a great way to be transported to and from EPCOT or DHS. Approaching these parks and resorts via the cabled airway will be fun and a must do. But I have ridden other gondola systems at different places, and none with the attendance that nears WDW. These lines move extremely slow. I have no numbers to support this, I am no expert. I am very excited and yet very concerned that this new mode of transportation might be plagued by long waits. Anyone else have these concerns?

TrojanUSC

Others can speak more to the numbers but keep in mind the system is only servicing a few hotels and two theme parks. It will only be practical for a small percentage of people on property, which will help mitigate the wait times. Additionally, it will certianly have far more capacity than the busses coming every 20 minutes now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I had written previously about my concern about the wait times for the new gondolas. I have seen the capacity numbers and the comparison to the bus system capacity. This new transportation system looks amazing and I’m so glad for its construction. What a great way to be transported to and from EPCOT or DHS. Approaching these parks and resorts via the cabled airway will be fun and a must do. But I have ridden other gondola systems at different places, and none with the attendance that nears WDW. These lines move extremely slow. I have no numbers to support this, I am no expert. I am very excited and yet very concerned that this new mode of transportation might be plagued by long waits. Anyone else have these concerns?

At the absolute slowest, the gondolas that WDW will have will move two bus loads of people every five minutes. No need to worry.

And when people talk about the absolute peak times, like a park closing after fireworks, they forget just how long they have to wait for the third or fourth bus. With the gondolas, you'll have a constantly moving line. And all but the Riviera station will have a separate loading car pulled out for ECVs. So, an ECV will not slow down the gondolas for everyone else. And in fact, it will be faster for the ECV folk... if they're the fifth ECV in line, they won't have to wait for the third bus. They'll be on in five minutes.

graphite1326

We stayed at POP on our last trip. We have been there several times but this time the bus service was terrible (we stood in line and finally got on the 6th bus on a trip back from MK. Two of which were the doubles). POP is one of the larger resorts and it seemed they were not able to handle the capacity of people or planning with the bus schedules. I know the gondolas are not going to MK but the bus service seemed to be poor this time throughout. I just can't imagine this going well with a resort like POP and also with AoA having the same loading zone (looks like it's half way across the connecting bridge). I think I will avoid these resorts until I see how things work out.

nickys

Premium Member
..... that means absolutely nothing to overall throughput.

The question wasn’t about overall throughput though, I don’t think.

In terms of throughput, @MisterPenguin just said, they will move at least 2bus loads of people every 5 minutes.

The constantly moving lines will also be far more palatable to waiting guests than a static line at a bus shelter. The perception will be of a much faster moving line than the buses.

Goofyernmost

"only" ???

Those 2 parks entertain approx 22 million guests per year.......one of which will likely see attendance dramatically increase come late 2019.
Yup, and all 22 million stay at those resorts and all go to DHS on the same day.
..... that means absolutely nothing to overall throughput.
What in the hell does that mean? Of course it means something. Get a grip and honestly, if I disliked the thought of Gondola's that much I, First, would not stay at any of the resorts that they service or Second, I would find a new hobby and stay away from Disney completely. I don't think that Dollywood has any Gondola's and the old cut out International Harvester school bus trams from the parking lots are just a wonderful experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
LOL if CB and Pop become the “must stays” then I’ll be very happy
The other problem will be that those hotels will be the Must Stay hotels just to benefit for using it and I fear because of this that rooms will be harder to book especially when SWGE opens...
Their prices are likely to adjust accordingly due to being Gondola served.

Cmdr_Crimson

That is a good question- considering the deluxes with alternative services do not (e.g. GF must use monorails to get to EPCOT)
LOL if CB and Pop become the “must stays” then I’ll be very happy
Which is why I bring that scenario up....Also with the Epcot line It could possibly open later as most of World Fantasyland Showcase (my new name for it) usually opens at 11am...Yes Norway opens at 9 due to Frozen but, unless they are planning to have France open earlier for RRA I'm still thinking guests will still have to take the bus to The FW side until the other side opens..

MidwestStitch

What's going to happen if bus service at those resorts to those parks is suspended, but things such as bad weather prohibit gondolas from running? Will the guests be stranded at the park/resort trying to get to their destination?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom