Voyage of the Little Mermaid

DisneyGigi

I have a copy of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2007" and it does say that VOLM is closing. I hope it isn't true this was my son's fave when he was little. :cry:

raven

I have a copy of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2007" and it does say that VOLM is closing. I hope it isn't true this was my son's fave when he was little. :cry:

Was that in a little blue box titled "Behind the scenes with Jim Hill?" If so, don't believe everything you read from him.

raven

Shut Up Jim Hill (not you, that book you have)

The book itself is great! They just started putting in the quotes from Jim Hill however. I just gave the book to a couple that is at WDW now and told them to ignor those little annoying comments in the boxes that he posts.

JimboJones123

No, not sell out, just sold. The Broadway production just started to sell tickets to the show. Don't get everyone believing it's sold out, lol!

I am seeing it in July in Denver where it is previewing before going to NY. Kinda weird that they are using Heelys on stage! But it should be very good with Sherie Rene Scott as Ursula.
price points for several shows we checked were sold out.

JillC LI

First Preview Performance

We also have tix to the first Preview performance on November 3rd! It's a surprise 6th birthday gift to my daughter. It will be the first Broadway show experience for both her and my 8 year old son. I can't wait both to see it and to see their reaction to it!

JimboJones123

We also have tix to the first Preview performance on November 3rd! It's a surprise 6th birthday gift to my daughter. It will be the first Broadway show experience for both her and my 8 year old son. I can't wait both to see it and to see their reaction to it!
Its a birthday for my wife. She has been trying to get me to go to NY for the 10 years we've been together. She is a mermaid nut. So we couldn't miss the first show.

IcicleM

Mind you, you may have the first preview performance tickets, but that may not always be a good thing. They call them preview performances for a reason. It's sort of like a dress rehearsal with an audience. At any time, they may stop the show, fix something, and start it over again. Also, some elements of the show may not be 100% completed, so just understand that for when the time comes. Haha, it'd be hilarious if you were like "WHAAAAAT!?" when the director yelled cut and everyone stopped.

JCBarbie

Remember the ABC theater? Let's put VOLM there! A big beautiful theater make the show longer with more bubbles =)

Why not move HSM into the playhouse theater but redo it like a gym so people can dance around and then you feel like you are in EHS?!

Then move Playhouse to the VOLM theater and make the seats raked so little kids can actually see? Or (better yet) put the muppets in that theater and move Playhouse somewhere else?! I would hate to loose it that show is sooo adorable!

I agree that the studios *needs* some TLC and it needs to have a clear vision of what it is? Are you living the movies or are you seeing how they are made? I would rather have the vision to be living the movies as Universal does the whole "how movies are made" thing pretty well.

Chape19714

Remember the ABC theater? Let's put VOLM there! A big beautiful theater make the show longer with more bubbles =)

Why not move HSM into the playhouse theater but redo it like a gym so people can dance around and then you feel like you are in EHS?!

Then move Playhouse to the VOLM theater and make the seats raked so little kids can actually see? Or (better yet) put the muppets in that theater and move Playhouse somewhere else?! I would hate to loose it that show is sooo adorable!

I agree that the studios *needs* some TLC and it needs to have a clear vision of what it is? Are you living the movies or are you seeing how they are made? I would rather have the vision to be living the movies as Universal does the whole "how movies are made" thing pretty well.
Here come the Muppets actually was in the VoTLM soundstage for a few years.

It's not closing, there were some rumors about a rehab based on new effects they learned with Finding Nemo, but that doens't seem to be happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom