News Voyage of the Little Mermaid Refurb

SpectreJordan

Do you think most visitors even get that it is supposed to be the LaBrea Tar Pits?
All of that Hollywood placemaking seems lost these days... and sadly because the buildings are all based on real places...
They should really reinvigorate the "Hollywood 1940s" aspect of the park and lean into it...instead of just leave it as a forgotten footnote.
The front half of the park is really beautiful...Now that they added Star Wars and Toy Story, it would be nice to see them work on the rest of the park...reopen shuttered spaces, make it fresh and "Hollywood" again...
I don't think the current regime would do it because it's not a theme that's "in" but I'd love for them to revamp the front of the park & fully embrace the old school Hollywood theme or just that era of America in general.

Replace BATB with Snow White to fit the era, revive/update the Dick Tracy & Roger Rabbit plans, turn Rock 'n Rollercoaster into the Rocketeer, add a dark ride based on a classic Mickey/Donald/Goofy short, somehow get the Captain America rights from Universal & do a '40s Cap ride, etc...

mattpeto

IMG_0085.jpeg

Hey hey. Put in the gossip/bus driver level but I’d love to see something done in this space.

Bocabear

It's not like Disney doesn't have enough IP they can freely use if they want to...
Leave the Superheroes to Universal and do something more "Disney"...
Did anyone see the huge Superhero presence they are building into Epic Universe? Yeah me either, but they have enough IP to fill a theme park without it... as does Disney for DHS.
A good attraction can make an old IP relevant... not that I think CondorMan or The Apple Dumpling Gang could be revived, but you know... they could really do something amazing with things that are completely Disney owned and developed instead of purchased IP.

WDWFREAK53

It's not like Disney doesn't have enough IP they can freely use if they want to...
Leave the Superheroes to Universal and do something more "Disney"...
Did anyone see the huge Superhero presence they are building into Epic Universe? Yeah me either, but they have enough IP to fill a theme park without it... as does Disney for DHS.
A good attraction can make an old IP relevant... not that I think CondorMan or The Apple Dumpling Gang could be revived, but you know... they could really do something amazing with things that are completely Disney owned and developed instead of purchased IP.
Imagine a Treasure Planet attraction where you ride on Solar Surfers? Talk about an IP that could easily be revamped...and the way to do that is to do a live-action that justifies being a live-action film.

Bocabear

Imagine a Treasure Planet attraction where you ride on Solar Surfers? Talk about an IP that could easily be revamped...and the way to do that is to do a live-action that justifies being a live-action film.
I think you are right... They can take anything from their GIGANTIC portfolio of films and IP and make them relevant...create the demand... I would much rather see a live action Treasure Planet or even a live action Atlantis over a re-hashed live action remake of one of Disney's classic Fairytale stories ( Snow White for the latest example)
Can you imagine a live action Dark Cauldron? and then an appropriately scary attraction for DHS?.
I have Super Hero fatigue...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom