News Voyage of the Little Mermaid Refurb

Snow Queen 83

I love this show, I wish they would put it in Magic Kingdom. With some much needed upgrades of course. The print for the animations looks like it's better days are behind it. But the show as a whole still holds up very well and somehow Ariel is always amazing.

Nautilus

I don't know if anyone can confirm... was told by a CM that I do not know personally, that during the prolonged closure the puppets molded and were not salvageable and that the show would not be returning. This was unsolicited info given at random, so make of it what you will. It came up in conversation when I mentioned that Ariel was my favorite princess.

LittleBuford

I don't know if anyone can confirm... was told by a CM that I do not know personally, that during the prolonged closure the puppets molded and were not salvageable and that the show would not be returning. This was unsolicited info given at random, so make of it what you will. It came up in conversation when I mentioned that Ariel was my favorite princess.
I know I’m in a very small minority, but I loved this show and am sad I won’t get to see it again.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm sure it absolutely means nothing... But Jodi Benson was out there posing with the entrance of the currently defunct attraction and posted this picture on May 16th.

1.jpg

mm52200

I'm sure it absolutely means nothing... But Jodi Benson was out there posing with the entrance of the currently defunct attraction and posted this picture on May 16th.

View attachment 640178
She always poses in front of it on her trips.
I personally don’t know the status of it but it’s still listed as “Temporarily Unavailable” on the website, and hasn’t been officially closed. Whenever Disney officially closes an offering they notify the unions involved so we’ll find out when that happens most likely.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
She always poses in front of it on her trips.
I personally don’t know the status of it but it’s still listed as “Temporarily Unavailable” on the website, and hasn’t been officially closed. Whenever Disney officially closes an offering they notify the unions involved so we’ll find out when that happens most likely.
I mean, Stitch's Great Escape was listed as "Temporarily Unavailable" for a good few years while the animatronics and showpieces were literally torn apart. So who knows.

Disney isn't great at keeping their website up to date... At least, for such a popular destination..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom